No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

August 11th, 2021 at 12:49:18 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Mission146
I mean, it seems like, pre-vaccine...the Left were the ones portrayed as panic mongers by the right. Now that there is a vaccine, it seems like the right wants to be panic mongers.

I wasn't in favor of all of the businesses being shutdown in the State of Pennsylvania when they were, for example, but if vaccines mean that such a thing is not going to happen again, then I'm obviously very much in favor of vaccines.

If the complaint is that the vaccines are not effective enough, then what solution do people making this complaint propose? Would you like to go back to everyone wearing masks (which looks like it could possibly happen anyway) again? Do you want to go back to having shutdowns again?

Either get the vaccine or don't, that's totally up to you, but don't gripe about its effectiveness if it's at least effective enough that we don't have to be shutdown and wear masks everywhere anymore.

Damn'it Mission. Quit being practical. Are you new to forums? You must take an extreme position on one side or the other and defend it until your death. No wonder they won't let you be a moderator.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
August 11th, 2021 at 12:56:30 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman
No, it flies in the face of the narrative the sheep are told to believe. We are finding more and more that the vax is not giving the protections promised.

The only surprising news I've heard this whole time is finding out the Pfizer vaccine actually working as well as it did. Since they already announced vaccines would be rolled out expeditiously, that wasn't a surprise.

Only reason you would be surprised at anything about the vaccine that's happened so far, is just lack of knowledge.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 11th, 2021 at 1:00:55 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Mission146
I mean, it seems like, pre-vaccine...the Left were the ones portrayed as panic mongers by the right. Now that there is a vaccine, it seems like the right wants to be panic mongers.

I wasn't in favor of all of the businesses being shutdown in the State of Pennsylvania when they were, for example, but if vaccines mean that such a thing is not going to happen again, then I'm obviously very much in favor of vaccines.

If the complaint is that the vaccines are not effective enough, then what solution do people making this complaint propose? Would you like to go back to everyone wearing masks (which looks like it could possibly happen anyway) again? Do you want to go back to having shutdowns again?

Either get the vaccine or don't, that's totally up to you, but don't gripe about its effectiveness if it's at least effective enough that we don't have to be shutdown and wear masks everywhere anymore.

I would not say the right is panic mongering. It is more they are just saying it as it is.

Like anything else, there is a part of the USA, about 40-45% of the nation, that want safety and protection above all else. They tend to have grown up in suburbia, safe from anything, and think life should be risk free. Nobody dares say, "see, thing is, this virus will be around for years. You might get sick from it. You might die from it. You have do deal with it."

Nobody dares say it because the said 40/45% would have a breakdown.
The President is a fink.
August 11th, 2021 at 1:17:26 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
No, it flies in the face of the narrative the sheep are told to believe. We are finding more and more that the vax is not giving the protections promised.

Every single word of it is the truth. I just told another hospital nurse about it when I was inquiring about my brother. I tell everybody I come in contact with in the medical profession about it and not a single one has expressed disbelief. They usually say something about that's what you get when you use untested vaccines. I said yesterday that my brothers Hospital is right back to where they were a year ago with taking the temp of everybody who comes in the hospital and everybody wears a mask. Vaccinated or not. Why would most of the people here believe the story when our fearless leader the crime family boss is telling them that they're perfectly safe.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 11th, 2021 at 1:21:47 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Evenbob
Every single word of it is the truth. I just told another hospital nurse about it when I was inquiring about my brother. I tell everybody I come in contact with in the medical profession about it and not a single one has expressed disbelief. They usually say something about that's what you get when you use untested vaccines. I said yesterday that my brothers Hospital is right back to where they were a year ago with taking the temp of everybody who comes in the hospital and everybody wears a mask. Vaccinated or not. Why would most of the people here believe the story when our fearless leader the crime family boss is telling them that they're perfectly safe.
Are any of the riders in the van that went to the hospital still in the hospital, or is eveyone kind of getting over it?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
August 11th, 2021 at 1:31:06 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: DRich

Damn'it Mission. Quit being practical. Are you new to forums? You must take an extreme position on one side or the other and defend it until your death. No wonder they won't let you be a moderator.

People usually complain when I do that!

Message Boards = Can't win.

Actually, perhaps I shouldn't be so specific:

Human Interaction = Can't win.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
August 11th, 2021 at 1:32:41 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23

I would not say the right is panic mongering. It is more they are just saying it as it is.

Like anything else, there is a part of the USA, about 40-45% of the nation, that want safety and protection above all else. They tend to have grown up in suburbia, safe from anything, and think life should be risk free. Nobody dares say, "see, thing is, this virus will be around for years. You might get sick from it. You might die from it. You have do deal with it."

Nobody dares say it because the said 40/45% would have a breakdown.

Good, so let's not say it, because the 40%-45% (even accepting your post as incontrovertibly true) have demonstrated that they have the ability and capacity to shut everything down if they feel unsafe.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
August 11th, 2021 at 1:54:33 PM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
The Pfizer vaccine might possibly be just 39% effective against the Delta variant, but it is 88% effective against hospitalizations and 91% effective against severe disease, according to Israel’s health ministry.

"99% of COVID deaths are now of unvaccinated people, experts say"
August 11th, 2021 at 3:04:01 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Tanko

I keep hearing that number and keep finding it hard to believe. There are also other conditions they keep finding out. Lower testosterone is a factor. Being obese. Blood type other than O. So many things.
The President is a fink.
August 11th, 2021 at 3:12:02 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Tanko

I keep hearing that number and keep finding it hard to believe. There are also other conditions they keep finding out. Lower testosterone is a factor. Being obese. Blood type other than O. So many things.

No one cares what you believe. Facts are facts. Suck it up.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman