No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

August 10th, 2021 at 8:58:25 AM permalink
Starburger
Threads: 6
I was a holdout for the Covid Vaccine for a long time because my Mom told me not to take it and she wouldn't and didn't either. I finally gave in and got my Covid vaccine, first shot on Friday after someone sneezed right behind my head on Thursday night. The delta Variant swirling around was also a key factor in my choice to get the Covid Vaccine, but the random sneeze right behind my head was really the catalyst for my Vaccine shot. My second shot is scheduled for August 27th.
One man's offense is another man's humor.
August 11th, 2021 at 8:30:27 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
I have an idea to ponder today on Covid.

Vaccinated people because they feel safe are travelling and socially more and attending large events.

Vaccinated people can still catch Covid. Protection is about 90% so 10% are able to catch Covid (20,000 people at the ball game 2,000 are able to catch Covid).

Vaccinated people are more likely to have a mild case or be asymptomatic which they might be ignoring or not even realize they have Covid.

Logically vaccinated people are still the source of many of the cases of Covid.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
August 11th, 2021 at 8:51:08 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: kenarman
I have an idea to ponder today on Covid.

Vaccinated people because they feel safe are travelling and socially more and attending large events.

Vaccinated people can still catch Covid. Protection is about 90% so 10% are able to catch Covid (20,000 people at the ball game 2,000 are able to catch Covid).

Vaccinated people are more likely to have a mild case or be asymptomatic which they might be ignoring or not even realize they have Covid.

Logically vaccinated people are still the source of many of the cases of Covid.

I can't imagine that anyone is going to disagree with any of that. That's basically the same as just saying that the vaccines do not have a 100% efficacy/effectiveness/prevention rate, which they don't.

Anyway, I don't know what you mean by, "Feel safe." I would submit that they think that the probability of them contracting Covid-19 is lower (because it is) and that the probability of them developing a serious case if they were to contract Covid is lower (because that is also true).

For most Americans, it seems that the vaccines are effective enough that the risk of Covid-19 has reached a point of tolerability. If anyone out there thinks that a vaccine means that they 100% cannot get Covid, then that is probably going to be wrong in almost all cases. I don't even know if medical experts could even point to a specific person and say, "This person absolutely cannot get Covid-19," or how they would be able to tell that. I'm not a medical professional, of course, so maybe there is an easy way to determine that for an individual.

I also agree that vaccinated people are undoubtedly the source of many cases of Covid. Because most cases of Covid now occur in unvaccinated people, particularly so with more serious cases, vaccinated people are the, 'Source,' of more additional Covid cases among unvaccinated people as opposed to other vaccinated people.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
August 11th, 2021 at 9:34:29 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: kenarman

Vaccinated people can still catch Covid. Protection is about 90% so 10% are able to catch Covid (

Nope. All the vaccinated people in my wife's van got covid. And they in turn gave it to at least 15 people who are all vaccinated. I'm really getting sick of saying it, this actually happened we're still dealing with it on a daily basis.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 11th, 2021 at 11:34:51 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Evenbob
Nope. All the vaccinated people in my wife's van got covid. And they in turn gave it to at least 15 people who are all vaccinated. I'm really getting sick of saying it, this actually happened we're still dealing with it on a daily basis.

I'm sure one of the rightwing news stations would be happy to run your story.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 11th, 2021 at 11:51:33 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
EB, it seems that your story flies in the face of science.

Not sure what to make of that.
August 11th, 2021 at 11:54:01 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: missedhervee

Science just says that it is unlikely, not impossible.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
August 11th, 2021 at 11:54:54 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: missedhervee

No, it flies in the face of the narrative the sheep are told to believe. We are finding more and more that the vax is not giving the protections promised.
The President is a fink.
August 11th, 2021 at 12:03:46 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
The results aren't against science it is called variance. Like hitting the jackpot on a slot.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
August 11th, 2021 at 12:04:35 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: AZDuffman
No, it flies in the face of the narrative the sheep are told to believe. We are finding more and more that the vax is not giving the protections promised.

I mean, it seems like, pre-vaccine...the Left were the ones portrayed as panic mongers by the right. Now that there is a vaccine, it seems like the right wants to be panic mongers.

I wasn't in favor of all of the businesses being shutdown in the State of Pennsylvania when they were, for example, but if vaccines mean that such a thing is not going to happen again, then I'm obviously very much in favor of vaccines.

If the complaint is that the vaccines are not effective enough, then what solution do people making this complaint propose? Would you like to go back to everyone wearing masks (which looks like it could possibly happen anyway) again? Do you want to go back to having shutdowns again?

Either get the vaccine or don't, that's totally up to you, but don't gripe about its effectiveness if it's at least effective enough that we don't have to be shutdown and wear masks everywhere anymore.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman