No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

August 16th, 2021 at 10:09:56 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: rxwine
What's the current death rate and hospitalizations? My source says 5 deaths the last day measured. I don't see a rate of hospitalizations.

Technically measles is still here. But it is not a pandemic. It is under control. That's what I mean by over. As I said, small pockets of covid would still be around, Covid is not reducing from a limited area.

5k cases yesterday, 40K in the last week, 24K in the week before. I expect that is not in the same order of magnitude as measles.

Death rate in Israel for the last week is 14 / million. Death rate in US for the past week is 11 / million. You can't claim it isn't over in the US and is over in Israel.

As I have said numerous times we currently don't have the capability to make this virus disappear and must let it run its course and live (and die) with that option.
The more lockdowns and other measures that we use to control the number of cases simply extend the length of time which we must live with the virus. Are you ready for years more of lockdowns? Can our societies survive years more?
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
August 16th, 2021 at 11:13:55 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
There's a hella lot rightwing quasi news sites trumpeting problems in Israel.

MEANWHILE going straight to the Jerusalem Post. SEE BOLD

Quote:
Some 93% of 90 coronavirus serious patients treated in several Greek hospitals with a new drug developed by a team at Tel Aviv’s Sourasky Medical Center as part of the Phase II trial of the treatment were discharged in five days or fewer.

The Phase II trial confirmed the results of Phase I, which was conducted in Israel last winter and saw 29 out of 30 patients in moderate to serious condition recover within days.

“The main goal of this study was to verify that the drug is safe,” Prof. Nadir Arber said. “To this day we have not registered any significant side effect in any patient from both groups.

The trial was conducted in Athens because Israel did not have enough relevant patients

They didn't even have enough patients in Israel to do the study!

MEANWHILE same source.

Quote:
Israel's GDP grew by a whopping 15.4% in the second quarter, compared with the previous quarter, the sharp rise being attributed to the removal of coronavirus restrictions.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 16th, 2021 at 11:50:48 AM permalink
kenarman

Quote:
Some 93% of 90 coronavirus serious patients treated in several Greek hospitals with a new drug developed by a team at Tel Aviv’s Sourasky Medical Center as part of the Phase II trial of the treatment were discharged in five days or fewer.

The Phase II trial confirmed the results of Phase I, which was conducted in Israel last winter and saw 29 out of 30 patients in moderate to serious condition recover within days.

“The main goal of this study was to verify that the drug is safe,” Prof. Nadir Arber said. “To this day we have not registered any significant side effect in any patient from both groups.

The trial was conducted in Athens because Israel did not have enough relevant patients

MEANWHILE same source.

My first data was from the Israel Ministry of Health, probably fake news. The second set is Worldometer the site with the most complete data that I know of.
August 16th, 2021 at 12:00:16 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: kenarman

Quote:

MEANWHILE same source.

My first data was from the Israel Ministry of Health, probably fake news. The second set is Worldometer the site with the most complete data that I know of.

While some vaccinated patients die, I suspect the difference is, on average the vaccinated population is less sick. But when they are sick enough to die, they die just as well as the unvaccinated.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 16th, 2021 at 12:13:07 PM permalink
kenarman

Quote:

MEANWHILE same source.

This is from Forbes is you are actually thinking I provided fake data.

"With a surge of Covid-19 infections at the highest levels since February, Israel is now contemplating further lockdowns and the possibility of extending booster vaccine shots to those over 50 years old. This comes after administering booster shots to about 2,000 immunocompromised people weeks ago before extending the shots to all those over 60 on August 1. Cases are occurring in both vaccinated and unvaccinated populations, yet with one of the highest vaccination rates in the world, Israel’s experience confirms that no single modality will control Covid-19 alone, as the virus continues to evolve and mutate. We need a multi-modal strategy to contain Covid-19. "

Israel Ministry of Health says Pfizer is now down to 39% effective on Delta.
August 16th, 2021 at 12:23:30 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

Quote:

MEANWHILE same source.

This is from Forbes is you are actually thinking I provided fake data.

"With a surge of Covid-19 infections at the highest levels since February, Israel is now contemplating further lockdowns and the possibility of extending booster vaccine shots to those over 50 years old. This comes after administering booster shots to about 2,000 immunocompromised people weeks ago before extending the shots to all those over 60 on August 1. Cases are occurring in both vaccinated and unvaccinated populations, yet with one of the highest vaccination rates in the world, Israel’s experience confirms that no single modality will control Covid-19 alone, as the virus continues to evolve and mutate. We need a multi-modal strategy to contain Covid-19. "

Israel Ministry of Health says Pfizer is now down to 39% effective on Delta.

Yes 39%
But
The big pic
88% effective in preventing hospitalization
Thats huge
The overall big pic
The vaccine is VERY effective
https://fortune.com/2021/07/23/pfizer-vaccine-infections-delta/

Bottom line. I've always known I can get the virus while vaccinated. This virus scares me. That's why I still wear a mask indoors with strangers. I took the vaccine to prevent severe illness. I am well aware I can still get mildly sick or be infected but not sick. Thats also why I wear a mask, i don't want to spread it.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 17th, 2021 at 9:21:47 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
It was the first day of school K through 12 and for a lot of colleges yesterday. What a giant cluster frick. One school district somewhere tested all students for covid-19 found 255 of them had it, vaccinated and unvaccinated, so they had to shut the entire school district down and quarantine. Huge arguments in every state over mask mandates, some have them some don't. This is not going to end well, we're going right back to where we were in 2020.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 17th, 2021 at 10:00:21 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
This is not going to end well, we're going right back to where we were in 2020.

Minus Donny as president, so we’re okay.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 17th, 2021 at 11:08:14 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Gee, if everybody got vaccinated covid would get under control.

Not go away necessarily, but the hospitals would not be overwhelmed and people would, for the most part, be asymptomatic or have less serious problems than they do now.
August 17th, 2021 at 11:11:16 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: missedhervee
Gee, if everybody got vaccinated covid would get under control.

Not go away necessarily, but the hospitals would not be overwhelmed and people would, for the most part, be asymptomatic or have less serious problems than they do now.

I agree
but
That makes too much logical sense for Trumpers
They would rather check with Q
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"