No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

March 17th, 2020 at 4:11:38 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote:
Cassandra or Kassandra, was a woman in Greek mythology cursed to utter true prophecies, but never to be believed. In modern usage her name is employed as a rhetorical device to indicate someone whose accurate prophecies are not believed... Wikipedia

It seems to me that there were droves of people who seemed to be in charge, so to speak, and who were preaching all the time that we needed to be ready for something like this. Nonetheless I think it is clear that we were not ready. I have no doubt this is true world-wide to various degrees, possibly excepting only South Korea. I think maybe they were more ready due to having to wonder about bio-attack from North Korea.

In any case, elsewhere were these people actually not in charge? Were they simply incompetent? Are Or* were they doomed to be hapless Cassandras?

*Ouch. I seem to be prone to these mistakes today
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
March 17th, 2020 at 8:32:11 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
March 17th, 2020 at 9:16:42 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288

Pretty bad
He doesn't want people sitting around with nothing to do until a crisis
WTF
That's precisely why we have a Military.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 17th, 2020 at 10:47:28 AM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3

Oops. Oops.

I guess you didn't have time to completely read the article in your link, actually watch the video or fully understand the question asked.

The question asked in your linked video had nothing to do with the the "claim" that President Trump disbanded the NSC/White House pandemic office.

2 quotes from your linked article:

Quote:
A video has emerged of Donald Trump talking about cutting the US pandemic response team in 2018 – days after claiming that he knew nothing about the disbanded White House unit.

Nowhere in the video are the words "pandemic response team" used or a reference to a "pandemic response team" were made.
Quote:
.....Alcindor had asked Mr Trump: “You said that you don’t take responsibility, but you did disband the White House pandemic office, and the officials that were working in that office left this administration abruptly. So what responsibility do you take to that?”
Nowhere in the video was anything asked about disbanding the White House pandemic office.

Nice try.
Let's go Brandon
March 17th, 2020 at 11:08:31 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: fleaswatter

Oops. Oops.

I guess you didn't have time to completely read the article in your link, actually watch the video or fully understand the question asked.

The question asked in your linked video had nothing to do with the the "claim" that President Trump disbanded the NSC/White House pandemic office.

Nowhere in the video are the words "pandemic response team" used or a reference to a "pandemic response team" were made.
Nowhere in the video was anything asked about disbanding the White House pandemic office.

Nice try.

lol... pretty desperate attempt to play word games to defend Dumb Donny’s deadly mistake.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 17th, 2020 at 11:18:44 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

Oops. Oops.

Nice try.

lol... pretty desperate attempt to play word games to defend Dumb Donny’s deadly mistake.

Instead playing a semantics game
Lets look at the big picture which really counts
Lets go to the web site many conservatives absolutely detest because they deal with facts, not alternative facts

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-fire-pandemic-team/
True
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 17th, 2020 at 11:21:06 AM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3

I will translate your post:

"word games" = proving a member wrong
Let's go Brandon
March 17th, 2020 at 11:27:06 AM permalink
ams288
I will translate your post:

"word games" = proving a member wrong

I’m too lazy to copy and paste it right now so you can just imagine I responded with the “Sure, Jan” gif.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 17th, 2020 at 12:03:44 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
The REAL Trump for those pretending otherwise. Remember why he was mad at McCain when Trump tried to dump Obamacare without any real replacement?

Quote:
Trump faces a question that has confounded Republicans in recent years: if courts toss out Obamacare, how do you replace it with an alternative that expands coverage, cuts costs and keeps the law’s most popular parts in place?

The White House has no easy answers. When the GOP tried several times to repeal Obamacare in 2017, voters overwhelmingly disapproved of the plans. Americans grew to like the existing law more when they saw projections that the Republicans’ alternatives would leaves tens of millions more people uninsured or increase
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 17th, 2020 at 12:23:58 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: rxwine
The REAL Trump for those pretending otherwise. Remember why he was mad at McCain when Trump tried to dump Obamacare without any real replacement?

When it first was passed I was for immediate repeal. But it is too late now. The number of Americans attached to that teat is too great to remove them from the udder now. Once you give someone something for 'free' ....... I would hope the court does not rule until this virus situation is under control.