1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

October 23rd, 2021 at 4:11:08 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: missedhervee
No, it's not over.

What's "over" is the ability of Americans to think and respond appropriately.

It's called denial. They want it to be over so they pretend it's over. The covid deaths in my local hospitals are five or six times higher now than they were this summer, how is that over. I'll bet they are higher wherever you live, you deniers..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 23rd, 2021 at 4:15:00 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
It's called denial. They want it to be over so they pretend it's over. The covid deaths in my local hospitals are five or six times higher now than they were this summer, how is that over. I'll bet they are higher wherever you live, you deniers..

Possibly. Haven’t checked the numbers. If Covid deaths are up near me, it’s news to me.

Don’t really care, tbh. All the important people in my life are vaxxed.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 23rd, 2021 at 5:01:03 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: kenarman
You really have to get out of your bubble more TP. India actually has fewer deaths per case of Covid than the US, US= 1.6% India= 1.3%. Numbers I used are from Worldometers.

Medical tourism was a vibrant industry for India before Covid and will be after if still isn't busy. The tourists aren't 3rd world they are Westerners who get excellent care and save money.

Maybe you are onto something with the curry. That might be what activates the Ivermectin ;-)

Medical tourism is not for covid
Its absurd
I'm well aware of the advantages of Mexico as a full time RVer
Nobody is rushing to India to get virus treatment
Its absurd to believe the numbers out of India
Its comprised of a gazillion isolated villages
You really believe Canadian Doctors are purposely not using horse dewormer because of politics.
They are not using it because it doesn't do jack regarding the virus
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 23rd, 2021 at 5:06:49 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
EB goes on about Fauci being too harsh and cancelling Christmas, then complains how bad the virus is where he is.

Go figure.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 23rd, 2021 at 5:20:26 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine
EB goes on about Fauci being too harsh and cancelling Christmas, then complains how bad the virus is where he is.

Go figure.

I don't celebrate Christmas I don't care either way. My wife's sister has an annual Christmas party every year the whole family attends. I haven't been there in 10 years. They are all Christians and they don't drink. A more boring group of people I've never seen. Where in the New Testament does it say you can't drink. Even Jesus drank wine at the Last Supper. So they are forced to do with the Amish do, sneak in the back door of the liquor store get the brown bag and drink it in the barn.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 23rd, 2021 at 5:21:50 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29

I don't celebrate Christmas I don't care either way. My wife's sister has an annual Christmas party every year the whole family attends. I haven't been there in 10 years. They are all Christians and they don't drink. A more boring group of people I've never seen. Where in the New Testament does it say you can't drink. Even Jesus drank wine at the Last Supper. So they are forced to do with the Amish do, sneak in the back door of the liquor store get the brown bag and drink it in the barn.

Do you even have any family left? You made it sound like they all rode in a van together and subsequently died from Covid.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 23rd, 2021 at 5:30:42 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: ams288
Do you even have any family left? You made it sound like they all rode in a van together and subsequently died from Covid.

He doesn't eat out, doesn't go to movies, and he shops from home. I don't even know how covid can ever affect his lifestyle.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 23rd, 2021 at 5:52:56 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: rxwine
If you're old with one foot in the grave, live the lifestyle that makes you healthy as possible. Diet, exercise, etc.,

If you're old with one foot in the grave, just live. Vaccine or no vaccine, don't die waiting.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
October 23rd, 2021 at 5:54:23 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: missedhervee
No, it's not over.

What's "over" is the ability of Americans to think and respond appropriately.

They're tired of it and are willing to pay whatever price the piper demands in order to return to a perceived sense of normalcy.

Looks like it will be the new normal for awhile.

It's amazing what people can convince themselves to tolerate.

I'm certainly tired of the vaccine debate, if that's what you mean. The information (both sides) is out there, get it or don't, just quit arguing.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
October 23rd, 2021 at 5:55:17 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator

For me, it's essentially over. My apologies for perhaps not taking into account other experiences. I go where I went in 2019, I do what I did in 2019 and I can't remember the last time I had to wear a mask.