No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

November 19th, 2021 at 7:20:34 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: terapined
https://gizmodo.com/over-a-million-americans-may-have-permanently-lost-thei-1848082265
WTF
We still don't understand this virus. Millions have lost their sense of smell
On the positive side, millions ok with breaking wind :-)

It has to be a lot more than 1 million, how many Dem's are there? I know it is a lot less than there were but still probably over a million. Most Dems can't tell that their president stink like s**t.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
November 19th, 2021 at 7:27:17 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: kenarman
It has to be a lot more than 1 million, how many Dem's are there? I know it is a lot less than there were but still probably over a million. Most Dems can't tell that their president stink like s**t.

Trump smells worse according to the voters
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 19th, 2021 at 7:36:13 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
https://gizmodo.com/over-a-million-americans-may-have-permanently-lost-thei-1848082265
WTF

My nephew lost his sense of smell months ago and still hasn’t got it back. That was his only symptom.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 19th, 2021 at 8:32:34 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Still too early to know if long term side effects will persist indefinitely.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 19th, 2021 at 10:11:52 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
WTF

"Doctor, I've got this very strange condition. I fart all the time, but they don't smell and are completely silent. You probably didn't notice, but I've farted six times since you entered the room."
The doctor nods and writes a script. "Take these and come back in a week."
A week later the old lady comes back to the doctor "You sonofa*****! I don't know what you gave me but it just made everything worse. I still fart all the time, they are still silent, but now they all stink!"
The doctor nods and says "Well, we cleared your sinuses, now let's see what we can do about your hearing.

I'll get my coat $:o)
November 20th, 2021 at 6:00:02 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
My nephew lost his sense of smell months ago and still hasn’t got it back. That was his only symptom.

It’s actually a life changing ailment. Friend’s son, 17 at the time, lost sense of smell after otherwise pretty minor COVID-19 infection. The kid was a ‘foodie’ and was devastated. He became depressed. Said everything tasted like cardboard. Around a year after he regained his sense of smell so all is good now for him.
November 20th, 2021 at 10:40:38 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: SOOPOO
It’s actually a life changing ailment. Friend’s son, 17 at the time, lost sense of smell after otherwise pretty minor COVID-19 infection. The kid was a ‘foodie’ and was devastated. He became depressed. Said everything tasted like cardboard. Around a year after he regained his sense of smell so all is good now for him.

It's called The Long Covid. Before I got covid in February of 2020 I never took a nap in my life. The fatigue I had when I was sick scared me to death, I've never had fatigue like that where I could literally not get out of bed. And when I could get up all I could do was stagger and hold on to things to keep from falling down. Ever since then I have to take naps everyday. I cannot be up for 5 hours without needing an nap. I can only assume that this is because of covid. At first my naps were 90 minutes long but now they're usually 30 minutes. But I have to take them or I can't function.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 20th, 2021 at 11:32:23 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: Evenbob
It's called The Long Covid. Before I got covid in February of 2020 I never took a nap in my life. The fatigue I had when I was sick scared me to death, I've never had fatigue like that where I could literally not get out of bed. And when I could get up all I could do was stagger and hold on to things to keep from falling down. Ever since then I have to take naps everyday. I cannot be up for 5 hours without needing an nap. I can only assume that this is because of covid. At first my naps were 90 minutes long but now they're usually 30 minutes. But I have to take them or I can't function.

How is that possible when in February of 2020 you were still disputing COVID-19's existence?
November 20th, 2021 at 11:52:30 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Gandler
How is that possible when in February of 2020 you were still disputing COVID-19's existence?

In February of 2020 I had never even heard of covid yet. It wasn't until well into March when I first heard about it it took me awhile to realize did I had had covid. Although I was never tested by my doctor, I don't even know if they had covid tests then, he confirmed that in all likelihood I had did have covid. It's not a coincidence that I was riding around in Uber's back and forth to the airport and I get sicker than I've ever been in my life, by far. I had a fever for days, huge body aches and pains, was so fatigued I couldn't even get out of bed some days. I coughed so much and so hard I thought I was going to collapse a lung. And the cough lasted to some degree for weeks afterwards.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 20th, 2021 at 1:23:03 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Gandler

EB’s anecdotes often fall apart under the littlest bit of scrutiny.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman