No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

January 13th, 2022 at 12:04:50 PM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
The Trump Legacy: A Conservative SCOTUS
The Court just told The House Plant to pound sand on his vax mandate 6-3.
Evidently we still live in a free country, thank God!
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288
January 13th, 2022 at 12:31:18 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: JCW09

"'Cause we'll put a boot in your ass,
It's the American way!

Hey, Uncle Sam put your name,
At the top of his list;
And the Statue of Liberty started shaking her fist.

And, the eagle will fly.
Yeah, it's gonna be hell;
when you hear Mother Freedom start ringing her bell!

It'll feel like the whole wide world,
Is raining down on you;
All brought to you courtesy, of the Red, White and Blue!"

It looks like we have three Fascists on the SCOTUS, so that's unfortunate. Of course, there are a few Fascists on abortion-related questions...so as long as the would-be Fascists are on different sides, things should be fine.

Kavanaugh voted yes on the health care mandate, by the way, just saying.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 13th, 2022 at 12:44:10 PM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: JCW09
I thought the SCOTUS were supposed to interpret and decide on legal and constitutional matters, not bat for either party affiliation.
You live in a Conservative run country. And based on some of the utterings and actions of your SCOTUS members, your final decision makers are pretty dumb (both sides)
January 13th, 2022 at 12:51:13 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Just saw dr. Fuji on the news finally admitting that 40% or more of people in the hospital for covid are not being treated for covid they are there for something else. When they were tested in the hospital and were positive for covid the hospital lists them as covid patients when they are not. We all knew this was happening and the pandemic is not nearly as bad as they say it is. I knew it because dozens of people in my wife's family and circle of friends have had covid and only one died or went to the hospital. And she had lupus. Why Fiji is admitting this now is a mystery. This is all about politics this is all about keeping people terrified and controlling them. But it's not working because Captain Poopypants is ruining the Democrat Party on a daily basis. Anybody see his Jim Crow speech from Georgia? You can't ask if he's lost his mind because we all know he has no mind to lose. He's being blasted by both sides of the media for playing the race card so blatantly. It's gotten so bad Stacey Abrams didn't even show up at the event and it's her state.

Anybody see that CNN has lost 90% of its audience since Trump left office? They're not making enough money from commercials now to stay afloat so somebody is propping them up because nobody is watching.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 13th, 2022 at 12:53:00 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: OnceDear
I thought the SCOTUS were supposed to interpret and decide on legal and constitutional matters, not bat for either party affiliation.
You live in a Conservative run country. And based on some of the utterings and actions of your SCOTUS members, your final decision makers are pretty dumb (both sides)

Where does the Constitution speak in favor of forcing vaccinations on the employees of a business over a certain size? I don't remember seeing the part where that power is specifically conferred upon the Federal Government.

As far as what the SCOTUS is supposed to do and what it does, actually, do...as long as you can get something like four (though preferably more) of them to do the thing they are supposed to be doing and the other five are some sort of 3-2 or 2-3 ratio of biased party-line toadies...it's pretty much accomplishes what it is meant to.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 13th, 2022 at 12:55:29 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

It is about the Constitution not "feelings." If you like "my body, my choice" for abortion it has to apply to vax.

They did not go to bat for a party, they batted for freedom and against Biden's fascism.
The President is a fink.
January 13th, 2022 at 12:56:12 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: Evenbob
Just saw dr. Fuji on the news finally admitting that 40% or more of people in the hospital for covid are not being treated for covid they are there for something else. When they were tested in the hospital and were positive for covid the hospital lists them as covid patients when they are not. We all knew this was happening and the pandemic is not nearly as bad as they say it is. I knew it because dozens of people in my wife's family and circle of friends I've had covid in only one died or went to the hospital. And she had lupus. Why Fiji is admitting this now is a mystery. This is all about politics this is all about keeping people terrified and controlling them. But it's not working because Captain Poopypants is ruining the Democrat Party on a daily basis. Anybody see his Jim Crow speech from Georgia? You can't ask if he's lost his mind because we all know he has no mind to lose. He's being blasted by both sides of the media for playing the race card so blatantly. It's gotten so bad Stacey Abrams didn't even show up at the event and it's her state.

Anybody see that CNN has lost 90% of its audience since Trump left office? They're not making enough money from commercials now to stay afloat so somebody is propping them up because nobody is watching.

It's ONLY 40% that aren't actually Covid patients? That's a little alarming. I'd have guessed 70-90%.
January 13th, 2022 at 1:21:08 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: Evenbob
J

I didn't even know they stopped showing CNN in airports last March. That has to hurt them they were there for 30 years. They blamed it on the pandemic saying travel was down so much the sponsors were not buying advertising and it was no longer making a profit. Which describes CNN in general now.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 13th, 2022 at 1:21:45 PM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12

You may want to stay in your lane on that side of The Pond
You clearly know very little about interpreting our Constitution or the Constitutionality of legislation.
"Conservative" judges tend to be "textualists" & follow the meaning of the text of the Document
Their decisions are based on the way the laws are written, full stop.
It's why Conservatives aren't always happy with what a Conservative Judge decides.
Liberal judges are the ones that make up their minds based on their own biases & political leaning.
Then the libbies try and fit their skewed view into a "modern" interpretation of the Constitution which is always flawed logically.
As Mission said, there is no Constitutional support for the vaccine mandate, so it got shut down.
Freedom, it is something we dumped your form government to achieve. On your way Red Coat!
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288
January 13th, 2022 at 1:29:38 PM permalink
Evenbob
Supreme Court Rejects Biden’s OSHA Vaccine Mandate on Private Employers; Upholds CMS Mandate

Mr Poopy on the campaign trail himself said vaccine mandates are unconstitutional.
Why would anybody be surprised about this. You cannot tell people what they can
and cannot put into their bodies. Once you start doing that you are no longer a
Democratic Society you are a fascist society. Which of course the founding fathers
we're smart enough in the way they wrote the Constitution to make almost impossible.
This is why the Democrats so badly want to get rid of the Constitution. They know what
is always best for us and that pesky Constitution is always standing in their way.