1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

January 14th, 2022 at 5:01:51 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: missedhervee
Hey Mission, what if instead of covid there was an ebola pandemic, a disease nearly always fatal if contracted.

Might it not be best to "save them from themselves" by requiring universal vaccination against it?

Principles don't care about consequences.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 14th, 2022 at 5:05:54 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: AZDuffman
Title IX. Look it up.

I know what Title IX is! The context of what I said is that I don't know what would give the Federal Government Constitutional authority to do it. The problem is, if you take so much as one penny from them, which they got from the people anyway, they take it as giving them rights to regulate every single thing that you do...not proportionate to the amount in funds you get from them---everything about you!

The Federal Government shouldn't be funding anything about school at any level, except I guess they could have Federally-owned Universities (100% owned) if they wanted to and any education that takes place at stateside army forts, or what have you, unless those kids go to public school elsewhere.

Point being, academics should be 100% left up to the states to handle. Tenth Amendment. There's nothing in the Constitution that confers it upon the Feds to establish or fund education.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 14th, 2022 at 5:10:37 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Mission146
I know what Title IX is! The context of what I said is that I don't know what would give the Federal Government Constitutional authority to do it. The problem is, if you take so much as one penny from them, which they got from the people anyway, they take it as giving them rights to regulate every single thing that you do...not proportionate to the amount in funds you get from them---everything about you!

Correct, they are worse than the mafia. Grove City College is one of just a couple who does not even allow their students to take student loans so they are not subject to this. And boy do they drive the lefties nuts for having such a policy.

Quote:
The Federal Government shouldn't be funding anything about school at any level, except I guess they could have Federally-owned Universities (100% owned) if they wanted to and any education that takes place at stateside army forts, or what have you, unless those kids go to public school elsewhere.

Point being, academics should be 100% left up to the states to handle. Tenth Amendment. There's nothing in the Constitution that confers it upon the Feds to establish or fund education.

I would be fine with that. We need the military academies but that is about it. Maybe primary and secondary education at a large military base that is remote. But if we had the feds out of college funding we would have far less expensive colleges. No more rock climbing walls and no more student unions that are out of Club Med. Just the basics.
The President is a fink.
January 14th, 2022 at 5:27:03 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Correct, they are worse than the mafia. Grove City College is one of just a couple who does not even allow their students to take student loans so they are not subject to this. And boy do they drive the lefties nuts for having such a policy.

"Grove City College is a private, conservative Christian liberal arts college in Grove City, Pennsylvania...," hmm..., seems like the Feds can sometimes be the lesser of two evils. That doesn't make the Feds right, though, and they shouldn't do anything regarding public education...exception only for having their own 100% owned University, if they want to.

Now, if we had a secular college that didn't do student loans...

Quote:
I would be fine with that. We need the military academies but that is about it. Maybe primary and secondary education at a large military base that is remote. But if we had the feds out of college funding we would have far less expensive colleges. No more rock climbing walls and no more student unions that are out of Club Med. Just the basics.

I tend to agree with that. I don't even care what the curriculums or activities are; the states can handle that for the public colleges and universities however each individual state wants to.
January 14th, 2022 at 5:51:02 AM permalink
AZDuffman
"Grove City College is a private, conservative Christian liberal arts college in Grove City, Pennsylvania...," hmm..., seems like the Feds can sometimes be the lesser of two evils. That doesn't make the Feds right, though, and they shouldn't do anything regarding public education...exception only for having their own 100% owned University, if they want to.

Now, if we had a secular college that didn't do student loans...

Why? What is Grove City doing that is such an issue to you?
The President is a fink.
January 14th, 2022 at 7:10:36 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Why? What is Grove City doing that is such an issue to you?

They're not doing anything to me, but I wouldn't personally attend a Christian anything. Better the Feds than them. It was mostly a joke.
January 14th, 2022 at 7:47:37 AM permalink
AZDuffman
They're not doing anything to me, but I wouldn't personally attend a Christian anything. Better the Feds than them. It was mostly a joke.

I am the opposite. I do not trust the feds at all.
The President is a fink.
January 14th, 2022 at 8:49:54 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
I am the opposite. I do not trust the feds at all.

The Feds are not worthy of trust. There is way too much swamp out there.
January 14th, 2022 at 12:27:19 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Anybody following the news? Dr. Fuji announcing that 40% of the people in the hospital for covid are not in the hospital for covid is rocking the boat big time. Why, CNN just can't believe it. And also 75% of all covid deaths are people who have four or more comorbidities. Four! Another little tidbit that they kept from us. In the latest poll 70% of Americans don't believe a word that comes out of serial liar dr. Fuji's mouth. In Michigan 15% of the population is black and 45% of the covid deaths are black because they are full of comorbidities. They go into the hospital with 10 other things wrong with them. My son-in-law who had a kidney transplant 7 years ago and has no immune system at all because of the drugs he takes has been terrified of getting covid because the media says he's supposed to die. He got it 3 weeks ago and was sick as a dog but he didn't have to go to the hospital and he lived. These people have been lying to us for two years about how bad this is and I've been saying it all along and you people know I've been saying it. All of you who got sucked in, some of you wishing the unvaccinated would die, what have you got to say now . Crickets
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 14th, 2022 at 12:36:15 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: Evenbob
Anybody following the news? Dr. Fuji announcing that 40% of the people in the hospital for covid are not in the hospital for covid is rocking the boat big time. Why, CNN just can't believe it. And also 75% of all covid deaths are people who have four or more comorbidities. Four! Another little tidbit that they kept from us. In the latest poll 70% of Americans don't believe a word that comes out of serial liar dr. Fuji's mouth. In Michigan 15% of the population is black and 45% of the covid deaths are black because they are full of comorbidities. They go into the hospital with 10 other things wrong with them. My son-in-law who had a kidney transplant 7 years ago and has no immune system at all because of the drugs he takes has been terrified of getting covid because the media says he's supposed to die. He got it 3 weeks ago and was sick as a dog but he didn't have to go to the hospital and he lived. These people have been lying to us for two years about how bad this is and I've been saying it all along and you people know I've been saying it. All of you who got sucked in, some of you wishing the unvaccinated would die, what have you got to say now . Crickets

Didn't we do this yesterday? I recall being surprised that the 40% number wasn't higher. That 60% of the Covid patients are in the hospital due exclusively to Covid is actually something that concerns me more than what I'd have thought would be the case, but then, some people will go to the hospital or running to the doctor for a case of the sniffles, so who knows?

What's next? Oh, so you're telling me that Covid is a disease that people are most likely to die from if they are fundamentally unhealthy in other ways? Color me shocked. The older you are and the more co-morbidities, the more likely you are to die from pneumonia as well. Almost every other disease, too. Does that also come as news to you? People who are less healthy aren't as likely to beat a disease? I could just faint. Why didn't you become a doctor with this kind of unbelievable insight?

Oh, we have a sample size of one who had a kidney transplant and lived through Covid. The mortality rate for those with kidney transplants is something less than 100%. More shocking medical insight coming to us by Dr. Evenbob. I'm glad he's fine now, though.

Weren't you hiding in your house not that long back? I could pull some posts. You sounded like you were in total panic mode, but now, you're prescient?