No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

January 13th, 2022 at 5:05:54 PM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
Gay marriage and Transgender legitimacy.
I am in favor of the former, on the latter I follow the science.
But please take both of those topics to their own threads.
This is Covid & the fact that The House Plant just lost at the steps of the SCOTUS.
I am starting to tire of all this winning against The Ficus Plant Administration.
It's like shooting fish in a barrel these days.
November 2022 will look similar, LMAO
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288
January 13th, 2022 at 5:17:48 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: rxwine
As matter of fact, the Constitution doesn't state whether man or woman are defined by biology. (because it makes no definition of it)

I just thought I'd throw that in there for food for thought concerning the other thread.

I don't know what would give the Federal Government the authority to regulate anything concerning sports...unless you really want to stretch your legs on a weak interstate commerce slanted argument.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 13th, 2022 at 5:23:56 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: JimRockford
The SCOTUS decision does not address the Federal Governments power to require vaccinations. It only sought to determine if Congress delegated sufficient power to the President to enact it on his own through OSHA regulation.

Hmm...I don't think it belongs to Congress, either. As far as individual states mandating such a thing, I guess it depends upon the wording of the applicable state's Constitution whether or not it has that latitude. A state still shouldn't mandate that, of course.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 13th, 2022 at 5:30:17 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: Mission146
Hmm...I don't think it belongs to Congress, either. As far as individual states mandating such a thing, I guess it depends upon the wording of the applicable state's Constitution whether or not it has that latitude. A state still shouldn't mandate that, of course.

There is a case upholding a requirement for a vaccine...

"The Supreme Court rejected Jacobson’s argument and dealt the anti-vaccination movement a stinging loss. Writing for the majority, Justice John Marshall Harlan acknowledged the fundamental importance of personal freedom, but also recognized that “the rights of the individual in respect of his liberty may at times, under the pressure of great dangers, be subjected to such restraint, to be enforced by reasonable regulations, as the safety of the general public may demand.”

https://www.history.com/news/smallpox-vaccine-supreme-court

We don't know if they would rule this power belongs to States and not the Federal government because the "mandate" was an administrative decision by OSHA without the power of any law behind it. The question of "could" the Federal government was not in play...just whether or not there was a power given to OSHA that allowed it.
January 13th, 2022 at 5:36:26 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
The text of the Constitution ignored, fundamental personal freedoms lost. Oh well. That doesn't mean that I don't think people should get vaccinated for Covid, it just means that I don't think the Government or any Government agency should enforce it on entities not directly related to the Government---directly or in a roundabout way. If a company of any number of employees wants to, of their own accord, make vaccination a condition of employment, then they can do that.

On the Cambridge thing, SCOTUS should have just refused to hear it and the State SCOTUS decision would have stood.
January 13th, 2022 at 8:23:17 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
deleted
Let's go Brandon
January 13th, 2022 at 9:12:52 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Hey Mission, what if instead of covid there was an ebola pandemic, a disease nearly always fatal if contracted.

Might it not be best to "save them from themselves" by requiring universal vaccination against it?
January 13th, 2022 at 9:25:01 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 14th, 2022 at 2:52:21 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Mission146
I don't know what would give the Federal Government the authority to regulate anything concerning sports...unless you really want to stretch your legs on a weak interstate commerce slanted argument.

Title IX. Look it up.
The President is a fink.
January 14th, 2022 at 4:19:13 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: rxwine
What's the story behind that? Was it too dark in the bar for you that night?
Quote: AZDuffman
Nope. I am man enough to say I would not go with a transgender, we covered that before.

Cmon rxwine, we all know AZDuffman is celibate “by choice.” He’s said it many times.

Wink wink
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman