No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

February 6th, 2022 at 3:05:43 PM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: rxwine
I had a random thought while watching a guy drop Plinko disks. Even though Plinko disks are small enough go through all the pegs to the bottom they still need a force (gravity) to keep them going in that direction. And perhaps that is how masks work, even the cloth ones. Some of the viral load is thrown back by just hitting the threads. Since they’re worn perpidicular to gravity, gravity at least doesn’t help.

Sorry, you won’t get the few seconds of your life back from reading that.

My brain hurts from trying to analyse that.

I guess as you breathe in, the pressure gradient sucks the virus into the filter, but when you exhale maybe some gets forced back out of the mask back into the air?..... But then there would probably be a LOT of adhesion from stopping the latter.
If you've ever used a N95 to keep cement dust or plaster dust out, you'll be familiar with how well they work in saving our lungs... and end up dust encrusted very quickly.
February 7th, 2022 at 10:16:39 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
https://www.newsweek.com/internet-backs-ottawa-resident-losing-it-trucker-protesters-1676835

. "The mandates—If you're mad about wearing a mask or getting a f--king vaccine, go talk to [Premier] Doug Ford! The f--king prime minister has nothing to do with this!You f--king idiot! The mandates are provincial! Not federal!"

Any comment from kenarman?
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 7th, 2022 at 2:19:29 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: terapined
https://www.newsweek.com/internet-backs-ottawa-resident-losing-it-trucker-protesters-1676835

. "The mandates—If you're mad about wearing a mask or getting a f--king vaccine, go talk to [Premier] Doug Ford! The f--king prime minister has nothing to do with this!You f--king idiot! The mandates are provincial! Not federal!"

Any comment from kenarman?

The reason the protest started and some trucks drove all the way from Vancouver to Ottawa was because of the newly instituted Federal rule that truckers had to be vaccinated to cross the border. Previously working truckers could cross the border unvaccinated in order to keep the supply chain functioning. The protest has now pretty much morphed into a full antigovernment protest of "we are sick of Covid and Covid rules".
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
February 7th, 2022 at 3:41:34 PM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
The Canadian Truckers CAN'T Be Stopped!
February 7th, 2022 at 4:51:31 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
What a bunch of idiots.

Burning up all that diesel fuel for a monster convoy of empty / unloaded trucks traveling cross-country.

Yeah, that'll show 'em.
February 7th, 2022 at 5:27:57 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: missedhervee
What a bunch of idiots.

Burning up all that diesel fuel for a monster convoy of empty / unloaded trucks traveling cross-country.

Yeah, that'll show 'em.

Some of the smarter ones took a load across the country.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
February 7th, 2022 at 5:41:11 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
That makes sense.

I've no dog in their fight other than the waste of money aspects; I assume the truckers themselves have had to "eat" all their travel expenses.

I read that the convoy idea was the brainchild of some far-right looney who felt her province should secede from Canada.
February 7th, 2022 at 6:01:02 PM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Must be dedicated to the cause.

The average trucking cost per mile in the U.S. for private fleets is $2.90. Not including vehicle depreciation.

Could be higher in Canada.

More than $8 million was raised on Go Fund Me, to support the truckers, but the site refuses to give the money to the truckers and says it is returning it to the donors.
February 7th, 2022 at 6:09:28 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Tanko
Must be dedicated to the cause.

The average trucking cost per mile in the U.S. for private fleets is $2.90. Not including vehicle depreciation.

Could be higher in Canada.

More than $8 million was raised on Go Fund Me, to support the truckers, but the site refuses to give the money to the truckers and says it is returning it to the donors.

So what. Dont like gofund me, don't use it.
I've given to plenty of causes
Only once via gofund me
Gofundme's house, their rules. Same rights as the Wizard. Can nuke on a whim
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 7th, 2022 at 7:09:23 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Aren’t like 90% of the Canadian truckers vaccinated?

Is this another case of the “loud minority” stomping their heels and having a hissy fit?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman