No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

March 26th, 2022 at 10:59:24 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288
There’s one big reason you don’t hear much about it anymore: it’s not a big deal.

Those of us who were intelligent enough to get vaccinated and boosted basically get a mild cold if we catch one of the new strains.

Hillary Clinton, Jen Psaki, Kamala’s hubby all got it recently. All fine.

Exactly
If hospitals are not overflowing
It's not really news
That is the key test
If I can go to the hospital and get service
Things are back to normal
But
I still wear a mask at the grocery store
Getting sick sucks. It's just sucks more if unvaccinated

It's fascinating how obsessed the right are with mainstream news
Foxnews can declare that Trump was the greatest President ever and I really don't care
MS makes an honest mistake on a meaningless laptop and RonC is incredulous thinking this changed the election
WTF is on the laptop??????? Why do I hear silence????????
Seems pretty meaningless to me
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 26th, 2022 at 12:02:04 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: terapined
Exactly
If hospitals are not overflowing
It's not really news
That is the key test
If I can go to the hospital and get service
Things are back to normal
But
I still wear a mask at the grocery store
Getting sick sucks. It's just sucks more if unvaccinated

It's fascinating how obsessed the right are with mainstream news
Foxnews can declare that Trump was the greatest President ever and I really don't care
MS makes an honest mistake on a meaningless laptop and RonC is incredulous thinking this changed the election
WTF is on the laptop??????? Why do I hear silence????????
Seems pretty meaningless to me
There are a lot of people that appreciate you wearing a mask in the store. I hope you continue.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
March 26th, 2022 at 2:34:15 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Omicron Subvariant BA.2 Spreading Rapidly in L.A. and Across the Nation

https://richmond.com/ap/national/omicron-subvariant-ba-2-spreading-rapidly-in-l-a-and-across-the-nation/article_b27a33e5-0645-5ffa-a365-c83fd679d378.html
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 26th, 2022 at 8:31:37 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: Evenbob
It's rampant in Alaska right now.
March 26th, 2022 at 9:35:29 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: petroglyph

Really
I thought the ADN is the go to source on Alaska news. That's where I go.
280 cases a day
Only 35 patients statewide in the hospital with covid.
Is 35 in the hospital in the entire state rampant??????

"Alaska on Friday reports 559 cases of COVID-19 over 2 days" https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/2022/03/25/alaska-on-friday-reports-559-cases-of-covid-19-over-2-days/
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 26th, 2022 at 11:24:56 PM permalink
petroglyph

Really
280 cases a day

"Alaska on Friday reports 559 cases of COVID-19 over 2 days" https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/2022/03/25/alaska-on-friday-reports-559-cases-of-covid-19-over-2-days/
For that comment I was looking at Alaska News Source. 559 new cases reported in 2 days. Alaska again leads all states in new case rate. 5/25/22

https://www.alaskasnewssource.com/2022/03/25/alaska-again-leads-all-states-covid-19-case-rate-559-new-cases-reported-past-2-days/
March 27th, 2022 at 6:11:54 AM permalink
terapined

Really
280 cases a day

For that comment I was looking at Alaska News Source. 559 new cases reported in 2 days. Alaska again leads all states in new case rate. 5/25/22

https://www.alaskasnewssource.com/2022/03/25/alaska-again-leads-all-states-covid-19-case-rate-559-new-cases-reported-past-2-days/

If hospitalization numbers are not high and similar to the regular flu
It's as newsworthy as the flu itself which isn't that newsworthy
The vaccine works
The body has the tools to get you better without a hospital. Just like the flu
March 27th, 2022 at 7:20:57 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
China's largest city, Shanghai, is under total lockdown because of a surge in covid. All businesses are closed nobody can leave their home except to go outside to accept a delivery. So much for the rumor that the pandemic is over. It's far from over. That's why Captain Poopypants hopes the Ukraine Invasion will last the rest of the year because he hopes we will forget about the pandemic that he did nothing about
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 27th, 2022 at 8:47:55 PM permalink
petroglyph
China's largest city, Shanghai, is under total lockdown because of a surge in covid. All businesses are closed nobody can leave their home except to go outside to accept a delivery. So much for the rumor that the pandemic is over. It's far from over. That's why Captain Poopypants hopes the Ukraine Invasion will last the rest of the year because he hopes we will forget about the pandemic that he did nothing about
Wow! That's pretty incredible. A city of 26 million people is being shut down in two halves to test for Omicron? They are taking this serious to shut down 26 million people.
March 28th, 2022 at 4:40:03 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Wow! That's pretty incredible. A city of 26 million people is being shut down in two halves to test for Omicron? They are taking this serious to shut down 26 million people.

Sure are taking it super serious. And it surely is far FAR from all over, even for the vaccinated.
Though we in the West are normalising Covid as endemic, China and Shanghai are draconian in their approach to near zero tolerance of the disease. Probably the only Country able to be so draconian in suppressing the people. I'm not making a moral judgement.

China's zero covid strategy is changing.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/59882774

"3,450. That’s the total number of “asymptomatic” Covid cases reported in Shanghai on Monday according to China’s National Health Commission—nearly 70% of the country’s total number.
Surprising Fact
China has reported a total of 4,638 deaths from Covid-19 since the start of the pandemic. Earlier this month, China reported two new Covid deaths, ending a nearly 14-month streak of zero fatalities. Despite this, China continues to have the lowest per-capita death rate for any country other than Burundi."

OK we take China's death stats with a pinch of salt, but compare and contrast with USA and Europe where total deaths per capita are a thousand times worse!

Right now in the UK we are having a massive spike in cases just as all restrictions are lifted. A crazy policy IMHO
"Covid cases have climbed by a million in a week in the UK, data from the Office for National Statistics reveals.
Swab tests suggest about one in every 16 people is infected, as the contagious Omicron variant BA.2 continues to spread.
That's just under 4.3 million people, up from 3.3 million the week before."

On the ground, I see this as a fair few vaccinated family and friends are currently ill with covid after letting their guard down with parties and meetings.

Thank **** the later versions are less deadly. If/when we get a more deadly variant, we will be screwed again as the barriers have been discarded. Except in China! Personally, I think their zero covid policy is all about avoiding the shock of whatever the next variant brings, A next variant that we in the West are not yet considering.

Time will tell

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

3 per Million in China
2400 per million in UK
2518 per Million in Russia
3000 per Million in USA