No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

March 16th, 2022 at 6:23:50 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: DRich
If only we in the U.S. would adopt that train of thought.

lmao I knew you’d appreciate that line of thought!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 16th, 2022 at 7:03:02 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: terapined
South China Morning Post
"Meanwhile, the Hospital Authority reported a record 249 coronavirus-related fatalities in the past 24 hours, involving patients aged between 39 and 105. Of those, 165 had no vaccination records, 41 had received one dose, 39 had two and four had three."

"Hong Kong health experts warn numbers will not be falling any time soon as city reports 26,908 Covid-19 cases and 286 deaths | South China Morning Post" https://amp.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/health-environment/article/3170363/coronavirus-hong-kong-case-numbers-wont-be-coming

What you posted is accurate and agrees with the numbers from Worldometers but does not make them the highest death rate per capita in the world.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
March 16th, 2022 at 8:59:48 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: Tanko
The don't want them to live. They produce little or nothing and are burden to the economy. Expendable.

Baloney.

In China the elderly are much more involved in child care than in the USA; often they all live together as one extended family.

Without the grandparents to watch the kids the economic juggernaut that was China would not have flown as high as it has.
March 16th, 2022 at 9:38:05 AM permalink
quadriga
Threads: 0
China has pushed the elderly to get COVID vaccines and booster shots.

However, the calls have met with hesitancy and opposition from seniors and their families with concerns about side effects for old people as the reason.

Not exactly anti-vaxxers; they are just afraid of deadly side effects (with no evidence) to the elderly.
March 16th, 2022 at 10:10:50 AM permalink
Tanko
'China’s Aging Population Is a Major Threat to Its Future'

'The ratio of young to old will be dramatically imbalanced by the rising ranks of the elderly, putting unprecedented weight on the ties that hold society together.'

'As China Gives Vaccines to Other Countries but Not Its Elderly, Chinese Over 60 Ask: What About Me?'

“Wang, a retired doctor in Hebei province who did not want his full name and age used due to fear of government reprisal, told VOA,..... "The government said the trials haven’t been done among people over 60 years old, but I don’t think it really makes sense.”
March 16th, 2022 at 1:39:50 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Tanko
'China’s Aging Population Is a Major Threat to Its Future'

'The ratio of young to old will be dramatically imbalanced by the rising ranks of the elderly, putting unprecedented weight on the ties that hold society together.'

'As China Gives Vaccines to Other Countries but Not Its Elderly, Chinese Over 60 Ask: What About Me?'

“Wang, a retired doctor in Hebei province who did not want his full name and age used due to fear of government reprisal, told VOA,..... "The government said the trials haven’t been done among people over 60 years old, but I don’t think it really makes sense.”

They also have a huge gender imbalance
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 18th, 2022 at 5:39:34 AM permalink
quadriga
'As China Gives Vaccines to Other Countries but Not Its Elderly, Chinese Over 60 Ask: What About Me?'--Tanko

That article was written over a year ago. China did delay vaccinating Seniors; they were not among the first groups. However, China opened up vaccinations for seniors in March of last year and vaccine hesitancy with belief about side effects is an issue.

China still has a dynamic zero-case policy, locking down cities, which managed to relatively control a pandemic that has killed millions in the west. Only 51% of seniors are vaccinated with two shots, which is one of the reasons they don't want to abandon the lockdown approach.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-03-18/only-half-of-chinese-aged-80-and-older-are-fully-vaccinated
https://supchina.com/2021/11/30/china-wants-higher-vaccination-rate-among-seniors-but-hesitant-people-say-beijing-is-too-pushy/
March 18th, 2022 at 6:56:37 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
March 18th, 2022 at 8:53:17 AM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
If the only vaccine available to me was developed by China using an opaque trial and approval process, I’d be wary too.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
March 18th, 2022 at 9:18:14 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: JimRockford
If the only vaccine available to me was developed by China using an opaque trial and approval process, I’d be wary too.

That's likely a good point. Looks like there's a few kinks in their medical system they need to address.

Quote:
Medical malpractice law in China does not work. Disappointed patients and their families, or the gangs they hire, frequently resort to physical violence, beating up doctors and disrupting hospital activities in order to extort settlements. This happens because Chinese law has failed to provide viable remedies to many victims of medical malpractice.

https://commons.stmarytx.edu/lmej/vol10/iss1/5/#:~:text=Medical%20malpractice%20law%20in%20China,in%20order%20to%20extort%20settlements.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?