No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

April 20th, 2022 at 5:55:37 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Seeing stories of people cheering when pilots announce no masks required. So much for all the claims most people supported the mask mandates. Like many of us said all along, as soon as the mandates were gone most people would unmask. And so it is!
The President is a fink.
April 20th, 2022 at 6:36:37 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: rxwine
Data, just doesn't support alarm. And hasn't for awhile now. Just being more contagious means nothing. Yawning is contagious.

Contagious yawning is still so baffling. Many studies have been done and it hasn't been verified why yawning is contagious. You would think with all of our medical technology and studies that someone could finally solve this.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
April 20th, 2022 at 11:04:56 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: AZDuffman
Seeing stories of people cheering when pilots announce no masks required. So much for all the claims most people supported the mask mandates. Like many of us said all along, as soon as the mandates were gone most people would unmask. And so it is!

Silly reasoning there.

It is one thing to support wearing a mask when it is required, as most people grudgingly did; it is another thing entirely to support wearing a mask when it is not legally required.

Apples and oranges.
April 20th, 2022 at 12:08:17 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: missedhervee
Silly reasoning there.

It is one thing to support wearing a mask when it is required, as most people grudgingly did; it is another thing entirely to support wearing a mask when it is not legally required.

Apples and oranges.

We were told people supported the mandate and thought masks would save their life. That is not the case as people stopped wearing them the moment the mandates were no more.

Face facts. A small minority loved and love the masks. 80%+ never liked wearing them.
The President is a fink.
April 20th, 2022 at 12:23:35 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51

Face facts. A small minority loved and love the masks. 80%+ never liked wearing them.

Is it a coincidence that 80% of the population are morons?
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
April 20th, 2022 at 12:45:40 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
We were told people supported the mandate and thought masks would save their life.

Uh, no.

In the very beginning it was thought (hoped?) that wearing a mask would protect the wearer but it became apparent that the main value was to prevent the aerosol transmission of virus by those who were infected and wearing a mask.

But yes, many people may think wearing other than an N94 mask protects them.

Bottom line: few enjoyed wearing a mask, but we were told to do it and we obeyed, trusting the government to lead us in the right direction.
April 20th, 2022 at 12:53:06 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: missedhervee
Uh, no.

In the very beginning it was thought (hoped?) that wearing a mask would protect the wearer but it became apparent that the main value was to prevent the aerosol transmission of virus by those who were infected and wearing a mask.

But yes, many people may think wearing other than an N94 mask protects them.

Bottom line: few enjoyed wearing a mask, but we were told to do it and we obeyed, trusting the government to lead us in the right direction.

For me
It was about the medical community
I have asthma and I'm 63
Makes sense to wear a mask when shopping or in the Hermitage or on the Louisville Slugger factory tour
I don't like the mask
But
I am enjoying life not being sick
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 20th, 2022 at 2:12:56 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: terapined
For me
It was about the medical community
I have asthma and I'm 63
Makes sense to wear a mask when shopping or in the Hermitage or on the Louisville Slugger factory tour
I don't like the mask

I am enjoying life not being sick

We will never know if your masking has saved you or anyone else from Covid. What we do know is that with the new varieties being so mild that over half the people in the US have likely had Covid and been asymptomatic. So the odds are better than 50/50 that you have had Covid. The bad news is that you will also surely get it again since it will be around until you die and you can get Covid multiple times. Relax and quit worrying about a risk that is smaller than you get hurt in a traffic accident with all the driving you have been doing.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
April 20th, 2022 at 2:38:07 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: DRich
Is it a coincidence that 80% of the population are morons?

Leave your friends out of this, we're talking about regular people here.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 20th, 2022 at 2:45:51 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: kenarman
We will never know if your masking has saved you or anyone else from Covid. What we do know is that with the new varieties being so mild that over half the people in the US have likely had Covid and been asymptomatic. So the odds are better than 50/50 that you have had Covid. The bad news is that you will also surely get it again since it will be around until you die and you can get Covid multiple times. Relax and quit worrying about a risk that is smaller than you get hurt in a traffic accident with all the driving you have been doing.

I haven't gotten sick in years
Yippee
Gee
I listen to the medical community
Yet
This seems to upset you because
Too you the virus is a political issue
Too me, it's a personal health issue
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"