1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

May 20th, 2022 at 1:57:51 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman
Who cares?

Few people do both. Lots do neither. Who cares?

Trump does because he insists that he is not just healthy, but the most healthy of all time. It is just self-aggrandizing in an odd way.... Even if he just said "For my lifestyle I am in decent shape", but Trump can't even be somewhat reasonable, he has to insist "healthiest President in American history....." Its just so bizarre because its objectively untrue.

Again, if he never insisted that he was the healthiest President nobody would care. For example, Bush embraced unhealthy eating, and nobody cared because he did not claim to be the healthiest President. And, I would never bring up Bush eating fast food or smoking because he never claimed to be the poster boy of health.

Or an inverse example, Andrew Jackson had a habit of dueling and fighting, it would be like if Jackson said, "No President is more careful about physical safety than me", it would be like no sir you are probably the most unsafe (or close to it) based on physical activity and lifestyle (you can argue some Presidents may be more physically unsafe in a general sense by visiting dangerous areas and refusing special protection, but that is getting into semantics)....

But, when you live off fast food, are objectively overweight, and sleep until 11AM on workdays, you are not healthy. Which is fine. But stop claiming he is the healthiest President in American history....
May 20th, 2022 at 1:59:30 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler
Trump does because he insists that he is not just healthy, but the most healthy of all time. It is just self-aggrandizing in an odd way.... Even if he just said "For my lifestyle I am in decent shape", but Trump can't even be somewhat reasonable, he has to insist "healthiest President in American history....." Its just so bizarre because its objectively untrue.

Again, who cares. Well, you seem to fall into his trolling of you and the other liberals.
The President is a fink.
May 20th, 2022 at 2:05:08 PM permalink
Gandler
Again, who cares. Well, you seem to fall into his trolling of you and the other liberals.

That is not trolling, that is lying about something that is objectively provable (which is Trump's specialty), but this in particular is just such a strange lie. Who brags about their blood pressure? The fact that you do not find this bizarre (and seem to think its admirable) is odd.....

It just shows his ego is everything he must win or be number 1. I mean the dude bragged about "acing" a cognitive test that school children are expected to get perfect scores on.... He just is a serial self-aggrandizer....

Its not a liberal or conservative thing, its a Trump thing, I can't think of any other person (famous or personal or otherwise) with such a bizarre personality. Being quirky is fine, lying is not (lying about stupid things that nobody cares about is even more insanse.....)
May 20th, 2022 at 2:15:45 PM permalink
AZDuffman
That is not trolling, that is lying about something that is objectively provable (which is Trump's specialty), but this in particular is just such a strange lie. Who brags about their blood pressure? The fact that you do not find this bizarre (and seem to think its admirable) is odd.....

It is not odd. I do not care. My life does not revolve around Trump though yours appears to. Sorry, but he is trolling you and you keep jumping. It is fun to watch.
The President is a fink.
May 20th, 2022 at 2:22:04 PM permalink
Gandler
It is not odd. I do not care. My life does not revolve around Trump though yours appears to. Sorry, but he is trolling you and you keep jumping. It is fun to watch.

He is quite possibly going to run again, so I do care about his statements. And yes it is odd. If Trump becomes President again (after an insurrection attempt), it could be a bad sign for Democracy. His only chance of winning is an electoral victory (he will never win a popular vote), this is why activism in certain areas is so important.

The fact that Trump does not alarm more people is alarming.
May 20th, 2022 at 2:40:01 PM permalink
AZDuffman
He is quite possibly going to run again, so I do care about his statements. And yes it is odd. If Trump becomes President again (after an insurrection attempt), it could be a bad sign for Democracy. His only chance of winning is an electoral victory (he will never win a popular vote), this is why activism in certain areas is so important.

The fact that Trump does not alarm more people is alarming.

What is so alarming about peace and prosperity?

Currently we have a POTUS who appointed a SCOTUS justice that does not even know what a woman is. THAT is alarming.
The President is a fink.
May 20th, 2022 at 2:43:48 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
His only chance of winning is an electoral victory (he will never win a popular vote), this is why activism in certain areas is so important.

Trump may well run and win both the popular and electoral vote UNLESS the lame democrats can come up with an acceptable candidate.

Clearly Biden is out, and the bunch of bozos he dueled with in the primary are like stinking fish.

No, it's time for a new, fresh voice, someone to help us Make America Even Greater.
May 20th, 2022 at 2:57:06 PM permalink
Gandler
Quote: missedhervee
Trump may well run and win both the popular and electoral vote UNLESS the lame democrats can come up with an acceptable candidate.

Clearly Biden is out, and the bunch of bozos he dueled with in the primary are like stinking fish.

No, it's time for a new, fresh voice, someone to help us Make America Even Greater.

The chance of a Republican winning a popular vote is very slim (and every year the probability gets closer to zero), the only reason they are even somewhat powerful is there are so many red states.

Even the worst Democrat that you can probably name would win the popular vote against Trump (especially against Trump). (And, no, I do not accept that he won the popular votes in both elections, in the first that 5 million illegals voted and the 2nd was fraud, this is an insane conspiracy).

But, I do agree Trump has a chance to win the electoral college. I think Biden should run for re-election, even with his low numbers he has an advantage (the incumbent has a lot of resources), and they he can resign if he really wants to (he just needs to pick for VP who he wants).
May 20th, 2022 at 2:59:59 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Biden and Trump are both too old and have demonstrated neither is up to the task.

Not that it matters...
May 20th, 2022 at 4:07:29 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
The chance of a Republican winning a popular vote is very slim (and every year the probability gets closer to zero), the only reason they are even somewhat powerful is there are so many red states.

Even the worst Democrat that you can probably name would win the popular vote against Trump (especially against Trump). (And, no, I do not accept that he won the popular votes in both elections, in the first that 5 million illegals voted and the 2nd was fraud, this is an insane conspiracy).

But, I do agree Trump has a chance to win the electoral college. I think Biden should run for re-election, even with his low numbers he has an advantage (the incumbent has a lot of resources), and they he can resign if he really wants to (he just needs to pick for VP who he wants).

I forget which state it was, but there is a republican trying to get his state set up so the rural areas of the state have more representative power than the number of voters.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?