No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

December 31st, 2022 at 7:42:11 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: kenarman
Quote is from Newsweek. The complete article is worth reading if you think Fauci did a good job.

"The Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA), the most widely circulated medical journal, recently reported its most-discussed articles of 2022. The top three articles were on the discovery of mRNA vaccine particles in breast milk, myocarditis after COVID vaccination, and a study I led at Johns Hopkins on the durability of natural immunity. None of the three were funded by the NIH—all were topics downplayed by Dr. Fauci and other public health officials.

On a personal level, many infectious disease doctors and academic physicians have told me privately they were afraid to disagree with Dr. Fauci because their entire career is dependent on NIH funding. We are now learning—through the Twitter files—that U.S. health agencies pushed for the censorship of opposing opinions from top scientists at top institutions. Health officials could have spent that time and energy conducting much-needed scientifically sound research."

There's nothing special about side effects from drugs. Almost all drugs. Ask Soopoo. I don't know if they have the same requirement in Canada that commercials for drugs have all the side effects listed. The list of drugs not officially approved for pregnant or breast-feeding women is enormous. I suppose it has gradually improved over the years.

What matters is percentages of population affected, severity and whether permanent or temporary. And if you use a drug on an extremely large population even a small percentage is going to seem amplified.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 31st, 2022 at 8:50:16 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: rxwine
There's nothing special about side effects from drugs. Almost all drugs. Ask Soopoo. I don't know if they have the same requirement in Canada that commercials for drugs have all the side effects listed. The list of drugs not officially approved for pregnant or breast-feeding women is enormous. I suppose it has gradually improved over the years.

What matters is percentages of population affected, severity and whether permanent or temporary. And if you use a drug on an extremely large population even a small percentage is going to seem amplified.

The most important part of what I posted was the government censorship and intimidation of doctors which you of course ignored.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
December 31st, 2022 at 10:08:19 PM permalink
rxwine
The most important part of what I posted was the government censorship and intimidation of doctors which you of course ignored.

Running something by committee is a bad idea. Fauci or anyone else in charge is going to make decisions other people are going to disagree with. He did just fine.

Quote:
From 1983 to 2002, Fauci was one of the world's most frequently cited scientists across all scientific journals

What kind of credentials and experience do these critics have? He had 50 years.

Aside from everything else, he had to deal with one of the most non-compliant populations on Earth. And the most non-compliant leader. And then not make a single mistake and not make anyone unhappy.

It's amazing he did as well as he did.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 31st, 2022 at 10:41:36 PM permalink
kenarman
Running something by committee is a bad idea. Fauci or anyone else in charge is going to make decisions other people are going to disagree with. He did just fine.

What kind of credentials and experience do these critics have? He had 50 years.

Aside from everything else, he had to deal with one of the most non-compliant populations on Earth. And the most non-compliant leader. And then not make a single mistake and not make anyone unhappy.

It's amazing he did as well as he did.

He was the head guy and got to make the decisions I have no problem with that. What the problem is that you think your country is free but he censored and threatened other member of the medical community with opposing opinions. That is not what a free democracy does, that is what a totalitarian country does. No different then what Putin is doing to those that oppose him.
January 1st, 2023 at 5:02:28 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote is from Newsweek. The complete article is worth reading if you think Fauci did a good job.

"The Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA), the most widely circulated medical journal, recently reported its most-discussed articles of 2022. The top three articles were on the discovery of mRNA vaccine particles in breast milk, myocarditis after COVID vaccination, and a study I led at Johns Hopkins on the durability of natural immunity. None of the three were funded by the NIH—all were topics downplayed by Dr. Fauci and other public health officials.

On a personal level, many infectious disease doctors and academic physicians have told me privately they were afraid to disagree with Dr. Fauci because their entire career is dependent on NIH funding. We are now learning—through the Twitter files—that U.S. health agencies pushed for the censorship of opposing opinions from top scientists at top institutions. Health officials could have spent that time and energy conducting much-needed scientifically sound research."

Unfathomable that Donny didn’t have the guts to fire Fauci!!!

Just another Donny failure…

It’s actually quite funny that a large chunk of the right has let “hating Fauci” become their entire personality.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 1st, 2023 at 6:03:12 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
Unfathomable that Donny didn’t have the guts to fire Fauci!!!

Just another Donny failure…

It’s actually quite funny that a large chunk of the right has let “hating Fauci” become their entire personality.

Look, Fauci clearly lied. The most blatant one was about masks when he wanted them (initially) saved for healthcare personnel. I’ll even buy the argument that there is/was coercive pressure from the NIH on data release.

What that information does NOT do is change the fact that being vaccinated had a risk benefit ratio that approaches zero.

I’m sure I’ve lied to my children at times for their benefit. Fauci probably considered the US population his ‘children’.
January 1st, 2023 at 8:16:54 AM permalink
kenarman
Quote: SOOPOO
Look, Fauci clearly lied. The most blatant one was about masks when he wanted them (initially) saved for healthcare personnel. I’ll even buy the argument that there is/was coercive pressure from the NIH on data release.

What that information does NOT do is change the fact that being vaccinated had a risk benefit ratio that approaches zero.

I’m sure I’ve lied to my children at times for their benefit. Fauci probably considered the US population his ‘children’.

The problem is that the population are not his children. In a free society the government should not be lying to its population. Fauci is a paid employee, if it was a public company there are rules about a CEO lying about the actions of the company. I am sure that Putin justifies his lies and actions because he believes what he is doing is for the good of Russia.
January 1st, 2023 at 8:33:41 AM permalink
rxwine
He was the head guy and got to make the decisions I have no problem with that. What the problem is that you think your country is free but he censored and threatened other member of the medical community with opposing opinions. That is not what a free democracy does, that is what a totalitarian country does. No different then what Putin is doing to those that oppose him.

And what do you want me to do. Vote for Republicans who thought the Patriot Act was a good idea? Or a President telling Russia to release stolen emails on his political opponent?

And no it's not like Russia. 15 years in prison for criticizing the war? You can even communicate messages from prison here. You don't hear much of anything from their political prisoners.

Do they have this in Russia?
Quote:
The Prisons Foundation maintains a website, through which they publish uploaded manuscripts of incarcerated writers. Though the foundation doesn't compensate writers, they can submit their work without a fee and retain all rights for potential future sale to a publisher. Vidahlia Press and Publishing House actively seeks submissions of book-length and shorter works from prisoners for its annual INK writing contest. Both organizations accept legible hand-printed work. Prison writers who have someone on the outside who can help with manuscript preparation can also go the traditional routep
January 1st, 2023 at 9:48:18 AM permalink
kenarman
And what do you want me to do. Vote for Republicans who thought the Patriot Act was a good idea? Or a President telling Russia to release stolen emails on his political opponent?

And no it's not like Russia. 15 years in prison for criticizing the war? You can even communicate messages from prison here. You don't hear much of anything from their political prisoners.

Do they have this in Russia?

Of course my Russian comment is a little over the top but I am dumbfounded that the average person in the US either doesn't see and/or doesn't care how much their rights have been eroded. The ability to speak freely in the US is more restricted now then it was during the McCarthy era.
January 1st, 2023 at 1:09:40 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Of course my Russian comment is a little over the top but I am dumbfounded that the average person in the US either doesn't see and/or doesn't care how much their rights have been eroded. The ability to speak freely in the US is more restricted now then it was during the McCarthy era.

Yawn
No doubt you believe all the BS rightwing propaganda
Back to reality
I'm free baby
I read what I want
I can say whatever I want
I don't have the foggiest idea what you are talking about.
How am I not free??????????? ?
If I want to read about the nothingburger Hunter laptop, there are many right wing websites
You yourself can update Wikipedia with facts
Freedom is wonderful and I am leading a free life.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"