June 19th, 2020 at 4:29:45 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Evenbob
Obviously it's only important
if you pick a controversial one,
like Sarah Palin. Other than that,
nobody gives a rip.

I think Biden has made the pick controversial, because he has made it known that the first qualification is that the candidate is a woman, and the second qualification will be that she is Black. I mean, seriously, if someone with the same credentials as Stacey Abrams was a white male, it would be laughable to think Biden would pick that candidate.

How did it come to be that we get to pick between immature Trump with wacko Pence, and deteriorating Biden with random Black woman?
June 19th, 2020 at 4:32:12 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: SOOPOO
I think Biden has made the pick controversial, because he has made it known that the first qualification is that the candidate is a woman, and the second qualification will be that she is Black. I mean, seriously, if someone with the same credentials as Stacey Abrams was a white male, it would be laughable to think Biden would pick that candidate.

How did it come to be that we get to pick between immature Trump with wacko Pence, and deteriorating Biden with random Black woman?

Pence has done a great job. What are you talking about?
The President is a fink.
June 19th, 2020 at 4:34:03 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23

It all started with an outdated concept known as the, “Electoral College,” which caused a two-party system. After which, the Federal Government started doing many things, and creating many laws, that were never meant to be done or created, and then...
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
June 19th, 2020 at 4:34:55 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 19th, 2020 at 4:37:12 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: ams288

I’ll bite: What has Pence done wrong? I don’t like him, but I think it’s a tough balance between not being dropped as VP and keeping DT relatively sane. Less insane? Well, you know what I mean.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
June 19th, 2020 at 4:46:07 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman

I have nothing but respect for Pence,
one of the best VP's in recent years.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 19th, 2020 at 4:48:49 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Mission146
I’ll bite: What has Pence done wrong? I don’t like him, but I think it’s a tough balance between not being dropped as VP and keeping DT relatively sane. Less insane? Well, you know what I mean.

Honestly, what has he done, period? Besides go on various Sunday shows and lie through his teeth to defend Donny.

Whenever I think of Pence, I think of just what a sad broken man he is. He claims to be religious, but he must have certainly sold his soul to Donny...

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 19th, 2020 at 4:53:36 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Mission146

Of course the VP has actually almost no authority and accomplishes little. I just want to vomit every time I hear him sucking up to Trump, even when I know he knows how foolish he sounds. "Under the great leadership of our President..." "Only due to the wisdom of our President..."

I do like that he won't be alone with a woman other than his wife. He won't join Trump/Biden/Bloomberg/Clinton/Weinstein/Cosby/Lauer/Ailes/random Priest/random Scoutmaster/Franken/Charlie Rose/Nelly/Polanski/Kavanaugh in being charged with some sort of offense against women. Unless of course he is charged with some sort of offense against women.
June 19th, 2020 at 4:58:56 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Honestly, what has he done, period? Besides go on various Sunday shows and lie through his teeth to defend Donny.

Whenever I think of Pence, I think of just what a sad broken man he is. He claims to be religious, but he must have certainly sold his soul to Donny...

In response to the first part: Exactly my point. He does what most Veeps do, mostly nothing. Heads up the Coronavirus task force, without him, who the hell is to say there would even BE a task force? I don’t envy him, that’s all I’m saying. I also don’t know if it would be worse with someone else, but I certainly think it could be.
June 19th, 2020 at 5:02:32 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189

Of course the VP has actually almost no authority and accomplishes little. I just want to vomit every time I hear him sucking up to Trump, even when I know he knows how foolish he sounds. "Under the great leadership of our President..." "Only due to the wisdom of our President..."

That's mainly what's wrong with Pence. Yes, he strikes me as fairly normal, but he has sold out to Trump's bizzaro world without so much as a whimper that anything is amiss.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?