10 members have voted

June 19th, 2020 at 5:03:04 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: SOOPOO
Quote: Mission146
Quote: ams288

I’ll bite: What has Pence done wrong? I don’t like him, but I think it’s a tough balance between not being dropped as VP and keeping DT relatively sane. Less insane? Well, you know what I mean.

Of course the VP has actually almost no authority and accomplishes little. I just want to vomit every time I hear him sucking up to Trump, even when I know he knows how foolish he sounds. "Under the great leadership of our President..." "Only due to the wisdom of our President..."

I do like that he won't be alone with a woman other than his wife. He won't join Trump/Biden/Bloomberg/Clinton/Weinstein/Cosby/Lauer/Ailes/random Priest/random Scoutmaster/Franken/Charlie Rose/Nelly/Polanski/Kavanaugh in being charged with some sort of offense against women. Unless of course he is charged with some sort of offense against women.

Probably just wants to be VP for four more years. I’d think it’s game over for his political career after Trump leaves office. Maybe some speaking/TV appearances, write a book.

I don’t see a viable POTUS run in his future. He’s got all the personality of an unsalted cracker. He’s John Kerry, but Republican.

ADDED: Just caught the end part. That was extremely funny.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
June 19th, 2020 at 5:09:55 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
That's mainly what's wrong with Pence. Yes, he strikes me as fairly normal, but he has sold out to Trump's bizzaro world without so much as a whimper that anything is amiss.

You are aware that a VP is supposed to support his POTUS no matter what?
The President is a fink.
June 19th, 2020 at 5:11:42 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman
You are aware that a VP is supposed to support his POTUS no matter what?

You mean, in doing a disservice to the citizens of the US. Nope. Not aware of that at all.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 19th, 2020 at 5:14:05 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine
You mean, in doing a disservice to the citizens of the US. Nope. Not aware of that at all.

No. Trump has done a great job and his only "crime" is that liberals do not like him.

But any VP is supposed to line up behind his POTUS. We are not a nation that has power struggles. Let the dump countries of the world have their #1 and 2 fighting.
The President is a fink.
June 19th, 2020 at 5:20:45 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
I’m going point Duffman, on this one. Though, in this particular case, I’d say, “Babysit,” just as soon as, “Support.”
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
June 19th, 2020 at 6:00:25 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I think there is a reasonable chance Pence thought Trump would be removed from office. As long as he kept his hands clean enough, no one could stop him from inheriting the presidency.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 20th, 2020 at 5:53:30 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: Evenbob
Who was Romney's VP in 12?
Or Dukakis, or Ford's, who was
VP under Carter or Lyndon
Johnson? It's never been important
and isn't important now. Can
anybody name Kerry's VP in
04 without looking it up?
Hell no..

Everybody remembers McCain's VP pick.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
June 20th, 2020 at 6:47:14 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: Wizard

So...one out of the last how many is memorable?

That shows the lack of importance of the pick.
June 20th, 2020 at 7:05:31 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Wizard

Or Mondale's.

I think it would be a great sitcom "VEEP." Make a VP kind of based on George Costanza. Base it on he take life super easy but does not want the job of POTUS as POTUS has a lot of work to do.

I'd showrun it but that seems like a lot of wok to do.
The President is a fink.
June 20th, 2020 at 7:21:25 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: AZDuffman
Or Mondale's.

I think it would be a great sitcom "VEEP." Make a VP kind of based on George Costanza. Base it on he take life super easy but does not want the job of POTUS as POTUS has a lot of work to do.

I'd showrun it but that seems like a lot of wok to do.

They did that, except Julia-Louis Dreyfus was the star.