No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)

10 members have voted

June 20th, 2020 at 7:25:49 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: rxwine
That's mainly what's wrong with Pence. Yes, he strikes me as fairly normal, but he has sold out to Trump's bizzaro world without so much as a whimper that anything is amiss.

Isn't that generally what is expected of an employee to his boss in public? I have had a few bosses that I didn't respect but publicly I supported them while in private I would tell them what I disagree with.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
June 20th, 2020 at 7:33:28 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: DRich
Isn't that generally what is expected of an employee to his boss in public? I have had a few bosses that I didn't respect but publicly I supported them while in private I would tell them what I disagree with.

Completely correct. If you show disagreement with your boss in public do not expect him to remain your boss for long.
The President is a fink.
June 20th, 2020 at 8:57:25 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: DRich

I don't believe Pence even speaks up much in private. Or else he'd be fired. Or in this case, resign for some unconfirmed reason.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 20th, 2020 at 9:56:58 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: RonC
So...one out of the last how many is memorable?

That shows the lack of importance of the pick.

Yet the media makes a HUGE deal
out of it every 4 years. Like it's
the most important decision of
the year. The two VP's have a
debate and that's the last we
hear from them. There is nobody
on Biden's list that anybody gives
one crap about. Boring..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 23rd, 2020 at 2:41:38 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Would Mike Pence be too afraid to debate Kamala Harris in a VP Debate? She’s good...

https://twitter.com/chris_p_harris/status/1275461434751758338?s=21
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 23rd, 2020 at 3:11:20 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: ams288
Would Mike Pence be too afraid to debate Kamala Harris in a VP Debate? She’s good...

https://twitter.com/chris_p_harris/status/1275461434751758338?s=21

Mike Pence is a pretty good speaker (and no, I don't agree with him on virtually anything), but I think he would hold his own, and at least he is consistent in his values (again, I don't agree with his values, but he has been consistent through the years which I tend to respect people for, even if I disagree with them).

I don't see how she was getting trolled. The clip showed one question, which I felt was a reasonable question (I know nothing about John Cornyn or what his intentions or view are).

Personally between the two bills on this issue I think the GOP pushed bill is better (shocking I know).

Ending qualified immunity for police officers? Madness. How are you going to tell somebody who makes 30-35k a year that they need massive liability insurance to get hired. This will go one of two ways, cities will subsidize the liability insurance (like they do with health insurance), and Officer would only pay a few dollars a month, and it would not change anything (other than wasting people's time in civil court). Or if cities are prohibiting from paying for the insurance, there simply will not be police Officers in high crime, low income cities (who tend to have the lowest starting salaries), because nobody can afford to work for those rates while paying for liability insurance, and probably getting sued constantly (those also tend to be the cities with a lot of false claims of misconduct)…..

The GOP plan is much more fact based, requiring data accumulation and evaluation. I like math and science. Data is good. Making emotional decisions is bad..... Ending qualified immunity is a bad decision. I think Harris knows this, but she is feeling the political pressure to support it....

Both bills require body cams and dash cams, I support both (they show that the majority of complaints against police are false, so its good for Police, and its also good for the rare times that there actually is a victim of police misconduct).
Both require restrictions of chokeholds. I am not a martial arts expert by any means, and I have at best a layman's knowledge, but this is silly, and I fear both parties are just latching onto emotion for this provision. Chokeholds are a good way to subdue somebody who is fighting. Without chokeholds or making physical contact you will need more tasers and more spray (both of which people will whine about as being "too much")….. So sadly both parties on wrong on this issue, and appear to have given into the mob....

But, overall the GOP, strangely, has it (mostly) right.... I think accumulating data, mandating cameras is far better than ending qualified immunity... Again getting rid of qualified immunity, its just idiotic...… Opening the door for anyone to sue any Officer for any perceived misconduct is madness.
They are going to get sued every time they issue a random parking ticket in a low income area for "discrimination".... Madness.....
June 23rd, 2020 at 3:46:36 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Quote: Gandler
Mike Pence is a pretty good speaker (and no, I don't agree with him on virtually anything), but I think he would hold his own, and at least he is consistent in his values (again, I don't agree with his values, but he has been consistent through the years which I tend to respect people for, even if I disagree with them).

Consistent is not the word I'd use to describe a person of faith who supports a man like Trump. Hypocrite comes to mind though.
June 23rd, 2020 at 5:14:12 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: Tripdufan
Consistent is not the word I'd use to describe a person of faith who supports a man like Trump. Hypocrite comes to mind though.

Anyone would accept the chance to be VP.

Look at the people practically begging Biden for it....
June 24th, 2020 at 4:34:44 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: Tripdufan

Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.
And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

You can easily see how Trump is the candidate of the evangelical Christian.
June 24th, 2020 at 4:37:24 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: Pacomartin
Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.
And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

You can easily see how Trump is the candidate of the evangelical Christian.

But, he set up that nice university for disadvantaged folk at breakeven costs.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman