Stimulus

April 15th, 2020 at 8:42:04 AM permalink
AcesAndEights
Threads: 6
Quote: RonC
The money was in my account 4/13/2020.

I have not filed 2019's taxes as I will owe money.

We did have a very small refund in 2018.

The money for my daughter was in the account 4/13/2020.

Her taxes were filed for 2018 and 2019; she had refunds both years.

My BIL did not file taxes the past two years due to low income. He was whining about not getting it direct deposited due to no tax filing. He did nothing about it. It took me about two minutes to find the IRS site for putting your information in if you are in a situation like that. He completed that yesterday. We will see when he gets is money, but it is crazy that we pay for his phone (he has minimal work for years but refuses to go to retail stores and apply; he has a valet job at a luxury senior home after an unsuccessful stint as a realtor and failing bus driving school) for internet service and he can't be bothered to look up crap to help himself. He uses the most data on our bill each month. I just don't get it. Okay, rant over...

Thanks for providing a counter-example! Guess I'm just unlucky.

And sorry about your family leach.
"You think I'm joking." -EvenBob
April 15th, 2020 at 9:00:55 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: AcesAndEights
Thanks for providing a counter-example! Guess I'm just unlucky.

And sorry about your family leach.

I hope everyone gets their dollars soon.

The BIL breaks my wife's heart. She got him a free appointment for a medical eval; he wouldn't go. The only things that we are sure he will find time to do is trysts with strangers and put out signs for Democrats during the election season.
April 15th, 2020 at 11:53:01 AM permalink
AcesAndEights
Threads: 6
I discovered, via the IRS's tool, that I was wrong on my assumptions. With my 2019 taxes already filed and no refund on that return, I was lined up to get a paper check months from now. Check your payment status here:
https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment

I was sure they would use my 2018 refund info to issue this money, but nope. The verbiage was never exactly clear on this scenario, but at least now you can just log in and check.
"You think I'm joking." -EvenBob
April 15th, 2020 at 12:02:24 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: DRich
SooPoo, I think the reason they get it is because the government wants it spent to help the small and midsize businesses.

The government may want that. But it doesn't mean it will happen. Both kids have saved enough to cover their daily expenses and have been taught to have an emergency cushion in event of some unusual expense. Both will just put the $1,200 in the bank, as their expenses are way down while their income is unchanged.
April 15th, 2020 at 12:08:56 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
I discovered, via the IRS's tool, that I was wrong on my assumptions. With my 2019 taxes already filed and no refund on that return, I was lined up to get a paper check months from now. Check your payment status here:

I was sure they would use my 2018 refund info to issue this money, but nope. The verbiage was never exactly clear on this scenario, but at least now you can just log in and check.

Wife should qualify. Went to the website. Put in all the info. Says "We cannot determine if you are eligible or not". Great help that was.....
April 15th, 2020 at 12:10:24 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: SOOPOO
Wife should qualify. Went to the website. Put in all the info. Says "We cannot determine if you are eligible or not". Great help that was.....

Everyone is getting that message today.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 15th, 2020 at 12:42:30 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
We received 2400 deposited electronically into a bank account today. The same account we used to have our tax returns sent to.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
April 15th, 2020 at 2:35:22 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51

I just tried that link and I get: "According to information that we have on file, we cannot determine your eligibility for a payment at this time."
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
April 15th, 2020 at 3:09:10 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
I just tried that link and I get: "According to information that we have on file, we cannot determine your eligibility for a payment at this time."

I got same response
I've never gotten an electronic payment from the govt. Always a check
I just filed 2019 a few days ago. I provided my bank info so that return should be electronic
I'm cool waiting for a 1200.00 check.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 15th, 2020 at 3:10:36 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146

I got 'You have entered the wrong info,
try again tomorrow,'
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.