Stimulus

April 14th, 2020 at 10:57:40 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Evenbob
Anybody get the $1200 deposit yet?

Wouldn't you be getting it with your SS payment?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 14th, 2020 at 11:07:10 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine
Wouldn't you be getting it with your SS payment?

How would I know. Try and research it,
you find nada. I called the SS number
and what you get is a recording that
says they have no info on stimulus
payments.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 14th, 2020 at 11:37:41 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Anybody get the $1200 deposit yet?

The $1,200 for my daughter was in the bank account yesterday. Our deposit was there also; it was for the correct amount based on the tax return for 2018.
April 14th, 2020 at 12:28:53 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
My friend is a partner in an anesthesia practice. As a small business, they submitted their average pay from the same period last year. They already received a check. Apparently they will get this free money for 10 weeks.
April 14th, 2020 at 1:31:27 PM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
I will not (as attested to back when I started this thread0, receive any stimulus

I am now in the position of dealing with both the NYS Department of Labor and the SBA for hours each day attempting to determine if I will ever receive PUA, PUC and an EIDL grant

I have resigned myself to the fact that, despite lip service, the government really does not give a rat's *** about small business owners and the self-employed
April 14th, 2020 at 3:00:25 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
How would I know. Try and research it,
you find nada. I called the SS number
and what you get is a recording that
says they have no info on stimulus
payments.

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/non-filers-enter-payment-info-here
April 14th, 2020 at 3:14:34 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: RonC
https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/non-filers-enter-payment-info-here

What about people who already filed, but changed their direct deposit information after they got their refund?
April 14th, 2020 at 4:59:09 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Time for my grumpy complaint.

Both my sons are young independent adults. Older son makes very little, but enough to live on. Sort of still in school. Younger son makes double what older son makes and just bought a small house.
Both of them have (temporarily) had their expenses slashed. Car insurance cut. Gas prices plummet. No gym membership. No trainer. No bar/eating out. Both are lucky that they can continue working full time from home.
Can someone explain why the government is printing an extra $2,400 to give them?

Why wasn't all the made up money just given to those that had job interruption, or to businesses that kept on employees despite not having work for them?

I can see no rational reason they are receiving stimulus money.
April 14th, 2020 at 5:05:35 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: SOOPOO
Time for my grumpy complaint.

Both my sons are young independent adults. Older son makes very little, but enough to live on. Sort of still in school. Younger son makes double what older son makes and just bought a small house.
Both of them have (temporarily) had their expenses slashed. Car insurance cut. Gas prices plummet. No gym membership. No trainer. No bar/eating out. Both are lucky that they can continue working full time from home.
Can someone explain why the government is printing an extra $2,400 to give them?

Why wasn't all the made up money just given to those that had job interruption, or to businesses that kept on employees despite not having work for them?

I can see no rational reason they are receiving stimulus money.

Why are you complaining about your children getting money?

But, the logical answer, is it would cost far more to evaluate eligibility if you had to supply a load of documents to be reviewed by a committee of people, each claim would cost more than 1200 (far more), so it's cheaper just to give it to everybody who filed or is on SS....

As for "all the made up money" the vast majority is going to corporate stimulus, small buisness programs, and UI subsidies, so the actual amount of 1200 per person is actually a pretty tiny piece of the puzzle compared to the vast majority of the package.....

Everyone likes a free 1200, it makes people feel good. And, Trump knows it is turning a lot of people favorably towards him. I hope it will guide him into a mindset of adopting a UBI program, because he seems like somebody who can be economically malleable if it means popularity.....
April 14th, 2020 at 5:13:50 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: Gandler
Why are you complaining about your children getting money?

But, the logical answer, is it would cost far more to evaluate eligibility if you had to supply a load of documents to be reviewed by a committee of people, each claim would cost more than 1200 (far more), so it's cheaper just to give it to everybody who filed or is on SS....

As for "all the made up money" the vast majority is going to corporate stimulus, small buisness programs, and UI subsidies, so the actual amount of 1200 per person is actually a pretty tiny piece of the puzzle compared to the vast majority of the package.....

Everyone likes a free 1200, it makes people feel good. And, Trump knows it is turning a lot of people favorably towards him. I hope it will guide him into a mindset of adopting a UBI program, because he seems like somebody who can be economically malleable if it means popularity.....

I'm happy for my kids, of course. But we as a country should have a budget, and spend our tax dollars wisely. To me, paying unemployment benefits would be acceptable during this crisis. Just giving money to fully employed people who have had their expenses cut is just plain stupid. The response that it is easier to just give out $150,000,000,000 because it would be difficult to figure out who really needs it is pathetic. You want the $1,200, fill out a form saying you are unemployed. They are already doing so for their state unemployment benefits.