The City on Fire

May 31st, 2020 at 1:20:09 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: petroglyph

The feds are waking up. Trump announces US to designate Antifa as terrorist organization following violent protests

Historically it seems you do not hear leftist organizations as targets of concern for whatever reason. No way Trump did this without being briefed. No matter what it is a good thing. ANTIFA roots might run deep at some colleges.
The President is a fink.
May 31st, 2020 at 1:21:26 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman
The feds are waking up. Trump announces US to designate Antifa as terrorist organization following violent protests

Historically it seems you do not hear leftist organizations as targets of concern for whatever reason. No way Trump did this without being briefed. No matter what it is a good thing. ANTIFA roots might run deep at some colleges.

This should have been done years ago...

ANTIFA is probably one of the most dangerous organizations that exist domestically.
May 31st, 2020 at 1:53:07 PM permalink
redietz
Threads: 1
Quote: FrGamble
Thanks for stepping in quickly Wizard, that was so strange and totally uncalled for. Really awful.

Hell, I'll go on record. I kind of liked it. Had a certain intense sincerity to it.

Let's face it. The U.S. is structurally racist. Anytime you have something called an electoral college that has the effect of making minority votes worth .9 of what a white vote is worth, how can you not call it racist? If you have something called a Senate where any low-population, 85% white state is given co-equal impact to high-population, 65% white states, how is that not racist?

I mean, c'mon, get real.
May 31st, 2020 at 2:03:29 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: redietz
Hell, I'll go on record. I kind of liked it. Had a certain intense sincerity to it.

Let's face it. The U.S. is structurally racist. Anytime you have something called an electoral college that has the effect of making minority votes worth .9 of what a white vote is worth, how can you not call it racist? If you have something called a Senate where any low-population, 85% white state is given co-equal impact to high-population, 65% white states, how is that not racist?

I mean, c'mon, get real.

Nothing racist about the EC. If "minorities" want the best possible representation then they should move to say Montana. EC balances small states voice to large states. EC in effect makes sure the minority is heard.

Ditto the Senate. The Senate was made to represent the STATES not the PEOPLE. IOW, if a bunch of Congressmen vote something undoable the Senate is a brake on it. If a few big states pass something to favor them the small states are heard. The minority is heard.

But lets get down to it. What on earth does skin color have to do with it?
The President is a fink.
May 31st, 2020 at 2:28:34 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: redietz

I’ll go on record too. I LOVED it.

Going to re-block this thread though. Nothing good is going to come out of it.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 31st, 2020 at 2:29:14 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Yep, old Shrek has been saying this all along!!

Big-city Dems who had imposed strict coronavirus lockdowns now let George Floyd rioters flout rules

Corona was ALWAYS just an excuse. Libbie politicians want CONTROL and they used corona to control the sheep.
But now they've been exposed!! Take Fredo's brother for example who said in the article:

Quote:
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo lashed out at protesters calling to reopen the state earlier this month, saying at a news conference, "you have no right to jeopardize my health ... and my children's health and your children's health."

On Friday, though, Cuomo said he "stands" with those defying stay-at-home orders...

So he doesn't "stand" with law abiding citizens who want to work so they can feed their families, but he DOES "stand" with law breaking cockroaches who riot & loot?!?!

This is the kind of hypocrisy you get when you vote for libbies, people!!
May 31st, 2020 at 4:05:46 PM permalink
Gandler
Apparantly out of towns people have bussed/ driven in and have been planting backpacks full of bricks and wood in various parks and squares here. Luckily so far everything has been 100% peaceful and the marches have been in compliance with the Mayor's Emergency Order.

But, there is a 2000 curfew tonight, we will see what will happen after the curfew goes into effect, I have a suspicion that the people who will defy curfew are the same ones planning destruction.... I have a fear that the same evil forces are at work that will try to instage violence after the legitimate protestors go home and the curfew goes into effect. There is National Guard here now, luckily they have just been standing by because of the overwhelming peace, but if the bad people come out tonight, at least there will be a quick response.

However, something similar happened in Charleston (with the planting of backpacks) and Charleston is a similar city (Port based historical Southern cities), but hopefully, the preventive measures work here as opposed to what happened there...
May 31st, 2020 at 4:24:35 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Starting to think they should drop army rangers right in the middle of pillagers and vandals. Um, by helicopter. Run down 30 or 40 of them at once.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 31st, 2020 at 4:30:43 PM permalink
Gandler
Quote: rxwine
Starting to think they should drop army rangers right in the middle of pillagers and vandals. Um, by helicopter. Run down 30 or 40 of them at once.

Well, the (Army) National Guard does have Green Beret Units (no rangers).
May 31st, 2020 at 4:36:39 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Gandler
Well, the (Army) National Guard does have Green Beret Units (no rangers).

Neither seem right for riot control.
The President is a fink.