No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
3 votes (16.66%)

18 members have voted

September 4th, 2020 at 11:17:23 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
A bad idea gaining false virtue with time is definitely conservative thinking.

What bad idea?
The President is a fink.
September 4th, 2020 at 11:19:16 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Usually yours.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 4th, 2020 at 12:06:59 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: SOOPOO
You are hurting my brain again!
He's just being a provocateur again. You guys may want to block him like I did. 👍

Quote: AZDuffman
Why can't you believe it? Has been done for decades.

No proof of voter suppression. And how do you know who you are suppressing?
Unbelievable. People have been voting at the polls for over 200 years (before there were even cars!), yet libbies act like it's oh so inconvenient to go to the polls in 2020. 🙄
September 4th, 2020 at 12:24:59 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: SOOPOO
Because it has worked that way for centuries. But I would not be opposed to having it be, say, the Monday and Tuesday instead of just the Tuesday. It is disruptive to the polling places which were built to be used for something else, not polling places! And the part time workers and volunteers also now need a second day.

I would be in favor of a week of in person voting, showing ID or some other measure of proof and have the voting last for a full week at any postal office location.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
September 4th, 2020 at 12:44:40 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: DRich
I would be in favor of a week of in person voting, showing ID or some other measure of proof and have the voting last for a full week at any postal office location.

A week?! Why on earth do we need a week? A day works fine. Absentee votes for those traveling.
The President is a fink.
September 4th, 2020 at 12:49:39 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: DRich

I'd oppose the postal service having to pay to staff it, and also think courthouse would work, but I'm basically fine with a week. I think employers (for people who travel for work) should have to be willing to accommodate (without pay) for the person to get in a week long window...or make it thirty days.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
September 4th, 2020 at 1:02:56 PM permalink
rxwine
I hate to say this SOOPOO, but you’re joining the truly deluded thinking there is any chance one day voting will ever be popular enough to start taking hold in the general population again.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 4th, 2020 at 1:07:10 PM permalink
rxwine
I do think if the Republicans ever supported free ID, they Probably could get it through.
September 4th, 2020 at 1:14:34 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Joe Biden: ‘A Black Man Invented the Light Bulb, Not a White Guy Named Edison’

No, Sleepy Joe. A Black man improved
the light bulb after Edison patented
it. It was actually invented by a German
and Edison bought the patent and
improved it.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 4th, 2020 at 1:19:15 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: Evenbob
Joe Biden: ‘A Black Man Invented the Light Bulb, Not a White Guy Named Edison’

No, Sleepy Joe. A Black man improved
the light bulb after Edison patented
it. It was actually invented by a German
and Edison bought the patent and
improved it.

No wonder Canadians feel like Rodney Dangerfield, we just don't get any respect.

"Thomas Edison, an American, is almost unanimously credited with inventing the incandescent light bulb. However, two Canadians, Henry Woodward and Matthew Evans, successfully produced and patented an electric filament lamp before Edison had seriously turned his mind to electric lighting."
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin