No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
3 votes (16.66%)

18 members have voted

September 4th, 2020 at 2:42:08 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: SOOPOO
I think it is Chile that pays you to vote? It is a minor form of UBI, but I'd accept a small payment to vote. Like $100 once a year to vote or $0 if you don't. I'll pay for their ID. I'll pay them to vote. And I'm sure ams and terapined and RX and Tripdufan will still say I am some 'rightie' trying to suppress the vote!

I just realized my "one day voting" probably was interpreted as more like the expression, "One day your prince will come" rather than
one day meaning single day voting". That you really believe the majority of people will ever want to get rid of multi-day voting is a pipe dream.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 4th, 2020 at 2:44:29 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Here it is. Stumbling bumbling Joe
when he's off the prompter.
What a maroon.

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 4th, 2020 at 2:48:28 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
Here it is. Stumbling bumbling Joe
when he's off the prompter.
What a maroon.

Wow does he sound like a creep in that mask talking like that.
The President is a fink.
September 4th, 2020 at 2:59:10 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: ams288
Fox News has confirmed the report about Donny bashing the war heroes.

How long till our dutiful righties pivot from “he didn’t say that!” to “who cares that he said that?!”

😂😂😂😂

You should really quit watching Alt-Left news outlets, like Fox.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
September 4th, 2020 at 2:59:53 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Keep digging that hole, Donny! 😂😂😂

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 4th, 2020 at 3:01:28 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: AZDuffman
ID does not need to be free. Everyone has an ID. There does not need to be "more days." One day works fine. Absentee ballots for truckers and others who are on the road. Put in some effort. Somehow people put in effort around the world.

If it was for the new Air Jordans or some free promotion people find a way. It is called being an adult.

Young people do not miss votes because they "struggle." It because they are either lazy or just do not care.

Everyone who has to go out of town for work is not necessarily scheduled to do so well in advance. Certainly not necessarily far enough in advance to vote absentee.

If there are any voting rights I would expect Conservatives to be concerned about, those of working people would be high on that list, all due respect.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
September 4th, 2020 at 3:05:30 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Quote: Mission146
Everyone who has to go out of town for work is not necessarily scheduled to do so well in advance. Certainly not necessarily far enough in advance to vote absentee.

If there are any voting rights I would expect Conservatives to be concerned about, those of working people would be high on that list, all due respect.

No, because wealthy people, the people whose votes they care about, have no trouble arranging for a little time off of work to vote. It is the less wealthy people, held under the thumbs of those wealthy people, whose votes they are trying to suppress.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
September 4th, 2020 at 3:12:59 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman
Why on earth should the time off be paid? Employers should not have to foot the bill.

https://www.workplacefairness.org/voting-rights-time-off-work

It varies by state. Many have paid leave (usually limited to 1 or 2 hours). But, some just have unpaid leave (meaning you have to let them leave without pay for two hour).

My state does not have a requirement, but my employer gives just 1 hour on election days.
September 4th, 2020 at 3:48:24 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Gandler
https://www.workplacefairness.org/voting-rights-time-off-work

It varies by state. Many have paid leave (usually limited to 1 or 2 hours). But, some just have unpaid leave (meaning you have to let them leave without pay for two hour).

My state does not have a requirement, but my employer gives just 1 hour on election days.

Paying for time should not be mandatory anywhere.
The President is a fink.
September 4th, 2020 at 3:49:25 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Mission146

People that know this know it might happen and can make arrangements. Working people I know put in the effort to make it to the polls on election day.
The President is a fink.