No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
3 votes (16.66%)

18 members have voted

October 28th, 2020 at 8:40:02 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: SOOPOO
I understand your point. But as for results.... a man with the exact same policies as a Trump who is just a better person would have a less fractured society.... thus better results. I want our President to be a role model, not just a good mechanic.

The "better person" did not come along. I can say from years of hiring people that you never, ever get exactly what you want walking in the door. I will keep saying it, notice that Trump does not attack at random, he attacks upon attack. He loves the USA, Biden and Kamala stick their tongues out at the USA. Their base outright hates what the USA is about and our history.
The President is a fink.
October 28th, 2020 at 9:00:07 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
That’s a reasonable take. But why can’t we have both?

Dont need both
Presidencies are generally governed by committee
Cabinet does all the heavy lifting
Job is really too big for one person, therefore the huge hiring binge with a new President
I expect AOC to get a promotion
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 28th, 2020 at 9:36:24 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: terapined
I see great things in store for our country
Go USA

With our two choices I see nothing but disappointment.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
October 28th, 2020 at 9:41:21 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
I understand your point. But as for results.... a man with the exact same policies as a Trump who is just a better person would have a less fractured society.... thus better results. I want our President to be a role model, not just a good mechanic.

I would sooner have my car fixed properly by an asshole than be stranded on the road by a 'really nice guy'. The fiscal irresponsibility of the democrats will be around a lot longer and cause more damage than the pandemic.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
October 28th, 2020 at 10:05:02 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: DRich
With our two choices I see nothing but disappointment.

Really
I was quite happy during the Obama years
Some of the best years in my life

The only really huge disappointment to me is the anti maskers gathering in crowds spreading the virus

That has affected my life big time and it really should not have. Taiwan 7 deaths with a huge crowded city Taipei
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 28th, 2020 at 10:09:30 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
I don't often do this, but here is a preview of my next newsletter -- Betting the 2020 Election.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
October 28th, 2020 at 10:17:51 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: Wizard
I don't often do this, but here is a preview of my next newsletter -- Betting the 2020 Election.

Good article
Spot on
Thrilled to see you are now betting on Biden
It's where all the smart money is
October 28th, 2020 at 10:22:41 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Wizard

Biden winning the popular vote, or the
EC. He'll probably win the popular, but
lose the EC. Which are you betting on,
it doesn't say. Trump is campaigning
to win the EC, it's all that matters.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 28th, 2020 at 10:25:34 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman
Simple, you vote for Trump.

When you get your car worked on do you care if the mechanic is a guy you want to be friends with or do you want him to be factory certified?

Do you go to Buffalo Brew Pub because you like the food and service or you like the owner?

Trump has gotten results in the Middle East that nobody thought possible so his "personal level" must be doing a few things right.

Yeah, I don't even trust that as I don't know what was promised by Trump behind the scenes. The guy has proven capable of saying anything necessary, facts be damned.

Would not surprise me if he actually asked for them to make things look good until at least after the election.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 28th, 2020 at 10:48:01 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
Yeah, I don't even trust that as I don't know what was promised by Trump behind the scenes. The guy has proven capable of saying anything necessary, facts be damned.

Would not surprise me if he actually asked for them to make things look good until at least after the election.

Why would they agree to "make things look good?" They HATED Israel. I do not think you realize how big this is. Trump made it happen. He should have gotten the Nobel Peace Prize twice over.

What Trump did was say "the hell with the Palestinians" and got UAE, et al to say the same. Now they are out in the cold and will sooner or later come begging for a deal.
The President is a fink.