No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
3 votes (16.66%)

18 members have voted

October 28th, 2020 at 12:20:21 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: DRich
A City called Lorain. It is about 20 miles west of Cleveland.

One of my college buddies came from that area. I grew up in Toledo.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 28th, 2020 at 12:24:42 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Pacomartin
No candidate of either party has won the White House without carrying Ohio since John F. Kennedy in 1960.

This election may break the streak as Trump may win Ohio and lose the nationwide election.

Alas Ohio!

Cute picture but why is that relevant and what is it? Being from Ohio that most resembles a girl I dated 40 years ago.

Hope your Mom got you some better glasses.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 28th, 2020 at 12:34:59 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: ams288
One of my college buddies came from that area. I grew up in Toledo.

I have a few friends in Las Vegas from Toledo, my mother also grew up in Toledo and then went to Bowling Green.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
October 28th, 2020 at 12:39:42 PM permalink
ams288
I have a few friends in Las Vegas from Toledo, my mother also grew up in Toledo and then went to Bowling Green.

I went to BGSU for undergrad and grad school.
October 28th, 2020 at 12:41:29 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: ams288
I went to BGSU for undergrad and grad school.

My parents met at BGSU.

Enough about this, we are hijacking this thread.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
October 28th, 2020 at 2:58:57 PM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
No Joe - we do not think you're kidding

October 28th, 2020 at 3:20:29 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: aceofspades
No Joe - we do not think you're kidding

No big deal
Dr Jill Biden will be a great President and I'm not kidding :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 28th, 2020 at 4:45:45 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: terapined
No big deal
Dr Jill Biden will be a great President and I'm not kidding :-)

And Obama will phone in advice.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 28th, 2020 at 6:01:32 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Quote: kenarman
I would sooner have my car fixed properly by an asshole than be stranded on the road by a 'really nice guy'. The fiscal irresponsibility of the democrats will be around a lot longer and cause more damage than the pandemic.

Speaking of being stranded:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/hundreds-trump-supporters-stuck-freezing-cold-omaha-airfield-after-rally-n1245065

Trump blamed road closures...as if they, maybe, probably, most likely, didn't plan ahead for...road closures. Not only is he exposing you to corona, top it off with some hypothermia. I would suggest that if you can't handle the logistics of a rally in October, you probably can't handle the logistics of fighting a once in a generation pandemic. This is probably why, of course, Mark Meadows said "We can't control the pandemic." That's what we want to see out of leadership! A white flag! That's the spirit!

The truth is, we haven't controlled the pandemic because we've lacked the necessary leadership to do so. Wear a mask, don't wear a mask, open up, close down, "we have the best testing" when we clearly do not have the best testing, social distance, but come to my rally. It's f**ckin pathetic and disgraceful and anybody still supporting the man ought to be ashamed...all in the name of "owning a libtard". Today, Kushner is on tape with Woodward saying basically, "blame the lack of testing on the governors but take credit for the opening. Don't fall into the "same trap" with taking responsibility for testing. Testing will be unpopular. The opening will be popular. Blame the governors for the bad, take credit for the good." It's tragic that these people have been in charge of protecting us.

You know the Trump reality show has been a disaster for our country. How blinded and driven by political ideology do you have to be to deny reality today? We're angry, sick, and broke AF. We spent 3 trillion this year? 15% of GDP? Largest since 1945? Anybody remember the last time a Republican was in charge? Yeah, we had to elect a democrat to clean up the mess. I only hope we do the same thing, AGAIN.

And then maybe the American people will wake up. Republican ideas are old, stale, outdated, better suited for different people and most importantly different times. They've chosen not to evolve. They've chosen to dig in. But the country is passing them by. And to top that all off, theyve' chosen THIS man, this man, a guy devoid of any moral integrity, cheating on wives, paying money, moving on married women like "bitches", cages kids in an effort to dissuade immigrants from risking their lives to come here, stokes racial divisions, a man who divides us up by our levels of patriotism, saying if we don't stand proudly, we should leave. But mocks the very same thing behind closed doors:

Definition of leadership? Be first through the door. Don't expect your followers to do something they haven't seen you do. It's pretty damn clear that we don't have that. And that's a damn shame.

So I hope we dump Trump and then I honestly, sincerely hope that Republicans make their way back to a fact based world, start evolving their ideas and the way they talk about solutions to problems. Got nothing but disdain for Republicans as a political party in 2020, but I sincerely hope that they become a viable and alternative voice to listen to again. Right now they live on the flat earth.

Oh, and fiscal irresponsibility of democrats? lmfao...It's almost as if Canadians don't understand that the American economy has performed FAR better under Democrats than Republicasn over the last 100 years of data AND IT'S NOT EVEN CLOSE.
October 28th, 2020 at 6:03:19 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: Evenbob
The biggest news of the day
is Biden quits the campaign
all we get here is the sound
of crickets? I guess that speaks
louder and anything else.

So, uh, any righties care to correct EB’s statement that “Biden quits the campaign”???

I’m sure if a leftie said something that insanely wrong you’d all be on top of it...