No votes (0%)
3 votes (16.66%)

18 members have voted

November 2nd, 2020 at 10:50:40 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: terapined
Tomorrow nite will be great
I am fine with protests, even Trumper protests as long as they don't block the roads like they did yesterday.
Blocking the roads is a reaction to losing. They are angry they are gonna lose so they block roads to piss other people off. Makes Trumpers feel good as they are losing.
I'm confident in a blue wave
2018 elections proved Trump will lose
The best part starting tomorrow, no political ads.
I really doubt we will see violent riots.
Trump is losing big time and it's because America is rejecting him. Conservatives will deal with this reality, it was inevitable. Trump is a pretty disgusting person and most of America agrees. Even many conservatives see it.

I honestly don't know, Trump supporters have been getting worse and worse as the election nears....

And, if Trump somehow wins, certain groups will not react well...

Trump is already sowing the seed of doubt of the election being legitimate, so there will be many supporters who will be upset and think it is a conspiracy... It could easily get bad, look at what the Trump Militia convoys have been doing (blocking roads, driving aggressively). It just takes a few convoys of conspiracy prone Trump supporters for something bad to happen....
November 2nd, 2020 at 11:01:41 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Election results are most likely going to run late into the night without declaring a winner. People will have a hard time protesting anything as it's unlikely we will have a predicted winner.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 2nd, 2020 at 11:08:23 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: rxwine
Election results are most likely going to run late into the night without declaring a winner. People will have a hard time protesting anything as it's unlikely we will have a predicted winner.
Or they could just burn things down, break a lot of stuff, and come back later to decide what they are mad at.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
November 2nd, 2020 at 11:10:58 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Gandler
..... It just takes a few convoys of conspiracy prone Trump supporters for something bad to happen....
That's hilarious.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
November 2nd, 2020 at 11:20:45 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: terapined
Tomorrow nite will be great
I am fine with protests, even Trumper protests as long as they don't block the roads like they did yesterday.
Blocking the roads is a reaction to losing. They are angry they are gonna lose so they block roads to piss other people off. Makes Trumpers feel good as they are losing.
I'm confident in a blue wave
2018 elections proved Trump will lose
The best part starting tomorrow, no political ads.
I really doubt we will see violent riots.
Trump is losing big time and it's because America is rejecting him. Conservatives will deal with this reality, it was inevitable. Trump is a pretty disgusting person and most of America agrees. Even many conservatives see it.

Come on Ed!!!!!! "as long as they don't block the roads'!!!!!! You supported BLM protests which in addition to blocking roads, had BILLIONS of DOLLARS in arson, theft, looting.....

I agree that Trump is disgusting.... but less so than an America run solely by unchecked Democrats.

Of note.... my wife admitted she donated to whoever is running against McConnell! She felt the hypocrisy of Barrett/Garland put her over the edge.
November 2nd, 2020 at 11:39:38 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: SOOPOO
Come on Ed!!!!!! "as long as they don't block the roads'!!!!!! You supported BLM protests which in addition to blocking roads, had BILLIONS of DOLLARS in arson, theft, looting.....

I agree that Trump is disgusting.... but less so than an America run solely by unchecked Democrats.

Of note.... my wife admitted she donated to whoever is running against McConnell! She felt the hypocrisy of Barrett/Garland put her over the edge.

I have always supported BLM peaceful protests
I have never ever supported any violence or breaking the law
Where do you come up with this BS accusing me of supporting violence or breaking the law.
Whats wrong with you
I'm pretty insulted.
I have always spoken out against violence and breaking the law regardless of politics
My idols regarding protesting are Gandhi and MLK. Both would totally support BLM peaceful protests and against anything violent.
Black protests have turned violent. MLK was against that. Many protests for India independence turned very violent. Gandhi was against that.
MLK and Gandhi both sent to jail even though they spoke out against violence.
Its the small minds that decide if you are for a certain cause, you are all in supporting the violence also. Of course its BS.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 2nd, 2020 at 12:22:24 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
I agree that Trump is disgusting.... but less so than an America run solely by unchecked Democrats. .

Reality says otherwise.
November 2nd, 2020 at 1:48:12 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Tripdufan
Reality says otherwise.

We shall see. The Democrat Party of 2020 is dominated by those far left of those who were in power when Obama took control in 2008. My wife thinks Biden will be able to keep a moderate approach. I disagree. I think if all 3 powers are Democrat NOW it will be quite bad for the USA. The one major piece of legislation passed by Obama during the triple Dem time was of course Obamacare. Totally ‘paid’ for in ENTIRETY by adding to the national debt. If Biden/Dems win, expect multi trillion UNPAID FOR stimulus. FAR in excess of what a negotiated package the House Dems and Senate Repubs will cobble together.

So THAT is the reality. I’m 60 and retired and likely to pay little in taxes going forward. My feelings are country first.... The Biden tax plan does not effect me. The piling on to the national debt will have little effect on me. But I care about the future for others. The country THRIVED under bad man Trump until COVID-19. I think if he gets re elected but is checked by a Democrat House, the country will be fine.
November 2nd, 2020 at 2:00:32 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
We shall see. The Democrat Party of 2020 is dominated by those far left

Total BS. Who got nominated?????????? Centrist Joe. Yet you ignore that and say the far left is dominating???????
You really eat up the propaganda from the right
You of all people cant see through the right wing BS
Are you afraid of the "squad"
The right wing propaganda machine is afraid and keep screaming to be afraid of AOC and the "squad"
Reality
The squad is just 4 measly votes in the House. That dont mean jack unless you believe the right wing BS
The squad is famous because of right wing media. They need a boogyman. Do you believe in the boogyman lol
Its absurd to give Trump 100% credit for the economy. The economy would have grown regardless of who is President.
I expect to go back to the Obama years.
We did fine under Obama.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 2nd, 2020 at 2:04:32 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Quote: Dalex64
The Republicans are even worried about losing Texas. They are trying to get 100,000 ballots (from a heavily democrat area, of course) thrown out.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/10/texas-drive-through-voting-throw-out-ballots.amp

This is where you have to worry about partisan, activist judges.

The Texas Supreme Court denied the petition, did not issue an opinion with the ruling.

A federal appeals court also said no, and gave several opinions:
He decided that the plaintiffs lacked legal standing in the case (a technicality) and that's the reason it was thrown out

then other reasons, which weren't part of the legal decision:
he also said that he would have ruled against them because of the timing, as in it was too late, after thousands had voted for weeks using the method (drive-up tents)
Also, they don't think a tent counts as a building, and they don't think that covid qualifies as putting your health at risk, meaning it wouldn't be a legal polling place for healthy people
and they also said that even if they found the sites to be illegal, they would just ban the drive-through tents on election day, and not invalidate any of the votes that had been cast at them previously.

Supreme Court ruling:
https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/01/politics/harris-county-texas-drive-thru-voting/index.html
Federal Court ruling:
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/02/trump-vs-biden-judge-rules-on-harris-county-texas-drive-thru-voting.html
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan