DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: terapined
Thanks
Will check that out
In Port Arthur for a week on the beach.
Appreciate the Alamo post and the education
History can be complicated

Wow, I havent thought about Port Arthur in about 30 years. When I was a senior in college i was trying to decide where I wanted to move to. I narrowed it down to three cities and subscribed to the news paper for each of the three. Port Arthur, Texas, Las Vegas, Nevada, and San Diego California. i obviously settled on las Vegas and spent 31 years there. I knew nothing about Port Arthur but I liked the thought of living in Texas and wanted to avoid big cities.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
December 14th, 2021 at 1:52:33 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I don't know the exact dates, but suppose to be in January.

What is RTR Quartzsite?
The Rubber Tramp Rendezvous, aka RTR, is traditionally a 2 week event that takes place in the desert in Quartzsite, Arizona. It is a gathering of RVers, van dwellers, car campers, and more who gather together for community and learning.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 14th, 2021 at 3:10:28 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: rxwine
I don't know the exact dates, but suppose to be in January.

What is RTR Quartzsite?
The Rubber Tramp Rendezvous, aka RTR, is traditionally a 2 week event that takes place in the desert in Quartzsite, Arizona. It is a gathering of RVers, van dwellers, car campers, and more who gather together for community and learning.

I prefer the swamp to the desert for winter
Already have my FL winter reserved
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 14th, 2021 at 4:36:16 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
I submit that the overall quality of life is better for west coast vs east coast snow birds.

Back east, most live in a humid summer environment, and go to a humid winter environment in or near Florida.

Out west most live in the NW with its comfortable, not humid summer climate and head to Az. for the dry winter warmth.

Me, I hate high humidity.
December 15th, 2021 at 7:34:21 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: missedhervee

Out west most live in the NW with its comfortable, not humid summer climate and head to Az. for the dry winter warmth.

That is ridiculous. Most people out west live in California.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
December 15th, 2021 at 11:42:26 AM permalink
missedhervee
Most Californians aren't snowbirds.

I am referring obviously to west coast residents who live in a colder and / or wetter winter climate, like Oregon, Washington, BC.
December 15th, 2021 at 5:05:43 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
I want to take some time and thank terapined for his “informative trip reports” he has posted here while gallivanting across the country.

One thing his anecdotal posts have done is prove without a doubt how extremely popular President Trump is in every corner of the U.S.

Anytime and anywhere terapined has mentioned interacting with locals or other travelers, they have ALWAYS been Trump supporters. I have NEVER read a post of his where he mentions conversations with supporters of bidumb or any other democrat. I guess they just do not exist.

Thanks again for proving how popular President Trump is and how unpopular bidumb and the democrats are.

Let's go Brandon
December 15th, 2021 at 6:00:32 PM permalink
missedhervee
Lots of people like Trump.

Hitler was popular, too.

Oh, but Biden won the only popularity contest that counts: he got Trump thrown out of office on his ass and Biden now lives in the White House.
December 15th, 2021 at 6:33:21 PM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Glad you enjoyed the USS Lexington in Corpus Christi. I can't count how many times I have been aboard when my kids were growing up. For those not familiar, it's a decommissioned Essex class aircraft carrier that was active in WWII. It has been converted to a museum and sits in Corpus Christi Bay. It is filled with WWII era as well as more modern aircraft. I need to go back sometime. I love the smell of machine oil.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
December 15th, 2021 at 6:52:37 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: JimRockford
Glad you enjoyed the USS Lexington in Corpus Christi. I can't count how many times I have been aboard when my kids were growing up. For those not familiar, it's a decommissioned Essex class aircraft carrier that was active in WWII. It has been converted to a museum and sits in Corpus Christi Bay. It is filled with WWII era as well as more modern aircraft. I need to go back sometime. I love the smell of machine oil.

I remember going into a WW2 submarine when I was a kid, but don't remember where it was. But just now, I found out Chicago has a WW2 German submarine in a museum. I don't know if you can go inside.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?