Stop the Steal!

Thread Rating:

January 18th, 2021 at 5:59:55 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: Mooseton
Popcorn day is tomorrow and Inauguration Day the next. But there’s no timeline other than I said the next few weeks which it hasn’t even been yet so don’t B’ your L’s just yet.
+1,000

Good to see another intelligent post here. 👍

I should also add that the libbies were scared to death of accepting my bet.
Heck, that ams dude tried taunting me saying he wanted to bet, but as soon as I made an offer, he ran away like this:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

January 18th, 2021 at 7:22:43 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Shrek
Heck, that ams dude tried taunting me saying he wanted to bet, but as soon as I made an offer, he ran away like this:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

So you’re comparing me to Forrest Gump, the hero of the story, running away from the rock-throwing bullies? So in this analogy doesn’t that make you one of the bullies?

Don’t think ya thought that one through, Shrekkie....
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 18th, 2021 at 9:54:55 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Good grief, was Roger Stone really the originator of the "Stop the Steal" campaign?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 19th, 2021 at 5:20:42 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: rxwine
I am looking forward to who Trump will pardon. Final pardons seem to be a net negative for most presidencies anyway.

I kind of hope he will pardon himself, as I'd like to see that resolved.

I just hope that he tosses Tiger King Joe Exotic a pardon, since he's going on a pardon spree anyway.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 19th, 2021 at 7:15:55 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Curious to see if this will lead to a court fight over whether or not you can pardon someone for something that they have neither been charged with or convicted of, or for what they may have done.
I think what Ford did for Nixon was wrong, but it was never challenged.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
January 19th, 2021 at 7:29:30 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: Dalex64
Curious to see if this will lead to a court fight over whether or not you can pardon someone for something that they have neither been charged with or convicted of, or for what they may have done.
I think what Ford did for Nixon was wrong, but it was never challenged.

I'd say that set the precedent, but it also set something of a precedent for not self-pardoning, in a roundabout way. Those things aside, judging by some of the pardons that have been granted, it would seem that the only thing you can't pardon for is a future act.

It seems that the issue of actually having to be guilty of something is a settled matter (Myth #1) and it also goes on to say that a pardon is not even necessarily an admission of guilt:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/five-myths/five-myths-about-presidential-pardons/2018/06/06/18447f84-69ba-11e8-bf8c-f9ed2e672adf_story.html

The one thing that I don't understand about so-called Conservatives arguing in favor of a self-pardon is why they can't grasp the notion of how fundamentally little sense such a thing makes. Several reasons:

1.) In the case of the POTUS, it invalidates the entire intent behind checks and balances.

2.) There's a perfectly accepted (at least once) legal mechanism to accomplish the same thing: Trump could resign and Pence could pardon him. The one thing that might be a wildcard, for all we know, is whether or not Pence actually would.

3.) The fact that an acting POTUS could then (in the future) do literally anything and then just pardon himself provided he does so before being removed from office by one mechanism or another. Why would a Conservative, who should theoretically favor limited Government, want to put the POTUS, any POTUS, completely above the law?
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 19th, 2021 at 5:42:53 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Trump supporter finds out Trump pardoned the man who conned him in a Ponzi scheme.

Quote:
Pugmire bought condo units in Clearwater, Florida and in Las Vegas, believing he would soon receive promised "leaseback" payments and then regular rental income. When the money never came, Pugmire's home was forced into foreclosure and his retirement was indefinitely postponed. He believed that Clark's lengthy prison sentence was well deserved.

"I thought well he will probably die in prison and he deserved it," said Pugmire. "I was thinking that's justice because now he can sit there the rest of his life contemplating what he's done to other people."

Instead, Trump commuted Clark's remaining sentence on January 13. It is not clear why Clark was issued clemency.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-supporter-shocked-over-clemency-of-crook-who-stole-his-life-savings-in-ponzi-scheme/ar-BB1cU1QF?ocid=msedgdhp
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 20th, 2021 at 9:00:58 AM permalink
ams288
QAnon-ers freaking out that “the storm” turns out to be just a few snowflakes:

January 20th, 2021 at 10:54:35 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: Shrek
Don't make excuses for him lol...

He and you both claim that there's like a 99.99% chance that Biden is sworn in as president on Jan 20.

BUT it's quite obvious that he doesn't really believe that because now he's hemming and hawing on making a real bet after HE was the one who proposed a bet in the first place! And now he's making up silly cockamamie excuses to get out of it. 😂😂

Old Shrek loves putting the libbies in their place. 😎

How’s today working out for you, Shrek? Did you get everything out of it you wanted?

Cause I sure did... 😎
January 20th, 2021 at 3:40:25 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: Mooseton
I suppose it could be raining but I swear I saw you spit in my face.

If you can’t figure it out to see that was Antifa dressed in MAGA gear with a few Trump supporters getting carried away, then I have not much left to say to you on this forum without breaking the rules. There’s already enough info on that out there. But you won’t figure that out if you just believe what the liars are saying. It would be sooooo easy to just not question the MSM and be a “loyal MSM believer”. (There’s got to be a better slang for that term.)

Popcorn day is tomorrow and Inauguration Day the next. But there’s no timeline other than I said the next few weeks which it hasn’t even been yet so don’t B’ your L’s just yet.

Wonder if you’re ever gonna admit your crazy conspiracy theories were BS?