The Biden Presidency 2021

December 6th, 2021 at 1:15:42 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: missedhervee
Quote: fleaswatter
Why hasn't dear leader poopy pants crop dusting house plant dementia joe bibumb resigned??

Ah, so you'd prefer Kamala in the White House?

She would be more entertaining, at least she's not old and senile yet.
It would be fun seeing her try to speak off teleprompter. All the
cackling and giggling.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 6th, 2021 at 2:53:05 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Old proverb: "Be careful what you ask for, you might just get it."
December 6th, 2021 at 4:16:22 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Pacomartin
As of December 2021, 36 members of Congress—six members of the U.S. Senate and 30 members of the U.S. House—have announced they will not seek re-election.

Twenty-one members—six senators and 15 representatives—have announced their retirement.

Five retiring Senate members are Republicans and one is a Democrat, and of the retiring House members, 11 are Democrats and four are Republicans.

Fifteen U.S. House members are running for other offices.

Four Republicans and four Democrats are seeking seats in the U.S. Senate,
one Republican and two Democrats are running for governor,
one Republican is running for secretary of state,
one Democrat is running for mayor, and
one Democrat and one Republican are running for attorney general.

No U.S. Senate members are running for other offices.

Devin Nunes has announced his retirement.

Late night comedians will be the only ones who miss him… 👋
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 7th, 2021 at 5:22:08 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
The administration is touting their work on the backup of cargo...as Lee Corso would say "Not so fast..."

"The backup outside the adjacent ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach, California, involves 96 container carriers, up from 86 on Nov. 16, when a new queuing system took effect and dozens of arriving ships stayed outside the official area to be counted, according to the Marine Exchange of Southern California. The revised measure released late Friday includes those eastbound vessels farther out in the Pacific."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-12-04/u-s-ship-logjam-stretching-far-into-pacific-is-longer-than-ever

Their actions appear to be having only very limited results. Ships are slowing down their trips from Asia to the area.
December 7th, 2021 at 10:28:37 AM permalink
ams288
Quote:
New @WSJ poll: Biden 46% Trump 45% in a hypothetical rematch in 2024.

Terrible number for Donny, considering he is no longer headline news and his numbers go down when he’s in the spotlight.

Let’s go Brandon 😉
December 7th, 2021 at 11:49:24 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: RonC
The administration is touting their work on the backup of cargo...as Lee Corso would say "Not so fast..."

"The backup outside the adjacent ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach, California, involves 96 container carriers, up from 86 on Nov. 16, when a new queuing system took effect and dozens of arriving ships stayed outside the official area to be counted, according to the Marine Exchange of Southern California. The revised measure released late Friday includes those eastbound vessels farther out in the Pacific."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-12-04/u-s-ship-logjam-stretching-far-into-pacific-is-longer-than-ever

Their actions appear to be having only very limited results. Ships are slowing down their trips from Asia to the area.
I saw a cartoon yesterday, it was like one of those package tracking aps, it showed the ocean off LA with dozens of ships and a big arrow you could follow, and it said "your package is here", it went to like the tenth container down from the top about mid ship on a large vessel. Kind of humorous, but we've been waiting for some chairs for a couple months now.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
December 7th, 2021 at 1:29:25 PM permalink
RonC
Quote: ams288
Terrible number for Donny, considering he is no longer headline news and his numbers go down when he’s in the spotlight.

Let’s go Brandon 😉

I disagree...with Biden being the President, having won a lot of votes just a year ago., and Trump being on the backburner overall, I would have expected a larger margin in favor of Biden at this point in his Presidency.

Brandon is doing poorly!
December 7th, 2021 at 1:42:57 PM permalink
ams288
I disagree...with Biden being the President, having won a lot of votes just a year ago., and Trump being on the backburner overall, I would have expected a larger margin in favor of Biden at this point in his Presidency.

Brandon is doing poorly!

Of course you disagree, as is your right. Everyone is allowed to be wrong.
December 7th, 2021 at 2:21:19 PM permalink
RonC
Quote: ams288
Of course you disagree, as is your right. Everyone is allowed to be wrong.

I'm not like you. If President Biden was doing well, I would say so. Begrudgingly maybe, but I knew President Clinton had it figured out and would win his second term. I knew President Obama had a great chance of a second term. President Biden, besides his advanced age compared to the other two, looks more like President Carter and President George H. W. Bush. He also looks more like the losing candidates in the elections Clinton and Obama won their second term (and even Obama's first).

He has no energy. No moxy. No basement to hide in because he is now the leader of the free world. His honeymoon with the fawning press is fading away. he picked a horrid VP.

He is also the only one that has announced an intention to run in 2024.
December 7th, 2021 at 2:27:20 PM permalink
ams288
I'm not like you. If President Biden was doing well, I would say so. Begrudgingly maybe, but I knew President Clinton had it figured out and would win his second term. I knew President Obama had a great chance of a second term. President Biden, besides his advanced age compared to the other two, looks more like President Carter and President George H. W. Bush. He also looks more like the losing candidates in the elections Clinton and Obama won their second term (and even Obama's first).

He has no energy. No moxy. No basement to hide in because he is now the leader of the free world. His honeymoon with the fawning press is fading away. he picked a horrid VP.

He is also the only one that has announced an intention to run in 2024.

I honestly couldn’t care less what you think about him. That’s why usually ignore your posts talking about how bad he is. They’re boring.

I saw a poll recently that showed a majority of Republicans think the economy is worse off **NOW** than it was during the financial crisis of 2007. That’s just effing insane. And shows how the opinions of righties should be taken with massive amounts of salt.