The Biden Presidency 2021

April 12th, 2021 at 4:46:44 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Gandler
Biden has been one of the most boring Presidents in history while quietly getting things done. This makes me happy. The fact that people are finding obscure things to be outraged about should show how good things are going.

John Cornyn’s “he’s not tweeting enough deranged nonsense!” from this morning is a good example.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 13th, 2021 at 4:15:21 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Tripdufan
You have a friend who is a LEGAL immigrant from Mexico? Cool.

I have a wife who is a LEGAL immigrant from Ecuador. It only took her 3 years to get US citizenship from application. No big deal.

Unless, of course, you're fleeing for your life. Then maybe time is of the essence.

But I'm glad that you have a friend who is from Mexico. You soooooooooooooooo can relate now. Let me guess, your black friend has never had a problem with police at a traffic stop?

I may be repeating myself, but I have discussed here my conversations with my black friends about interactions with police. They have told me they need to have ‘the talk’. That if pulled over NO MATTER WHAT they are to follow instructions, and can say ‘yes officer, or no officer’. That trying to ‘look cool’ by showing disrespect in front of their friends could be the worst decision of their lives. My (white) kids were taught to respect authority as well. I am not naive enough to think that if they were assholes to the police they would have a far less chance of being killed. But if any of my black friends has ever had a problem at a traffic stop, they never mentioned it to me.

Have you ever been to the Galapagos? They are legally part of Ecuador despite being 500ish miles away!
Been to open air market in Otavalo?
Aconcagua?

One of my favorite trips was to Ecuador....
April 13th, 2021 at 4:27:25 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: rxwine
Quote:
Research shows that undocumented immigrants increase the size of the U.S. economy/contribute to economic growth, enhance the welfare of natives, contribute more in tax revenue than they collect, reduce American firms' incentives to offshore jobs and import foreign-produced goods, and benefit consumers by reducing the prices of goods and services. Economists estimate that legalization of the undocumented immigrant population would increase the immigrants' earnings and consumption considerably, and increase U.S. gross domestic product.

That’s from a wiki article Economic impact of illegal immigration.

The report begins ‘The economic impact of undocumented immigrants in the United States is challenging to measure.” Then despite being ‘hard to measure’, the report states illegals “..contribute to economic growth, enhance the welfare of natives, contribute more in tax revenue than they collect, reduce American firms' incentives to offshore jobs and import foreign-produced goods, and benefit consumers by reducing the prices of goods and services.”

The report does not say who pays for their medical care, but it claims illegals enhance the welfare of natives, and does not explain how the illegals who displace workers who are here legally, enhance the welfare of the natives forced into lower paying jobs, and unemployment.

In your personal life, how have illegals contributed to your economic growth, enhanced your welfare, and benefitted you?

The report claims illegals reduce the prices of goods and services. Have you noticed any reductions in the prices of goods and services?

The PPI, just surged to its largest increase in ten years, and the annual inflation rate is already more than 2%.

As for increasing the size of the economy,

Government spending and the total value of what consumers purchase in the economy are two components of GDP.

GDP does not measure of quality of life, standard of living, or cost of living.

Creating digital dollars out of thin air, to allow the government to spend more to prevent economic collapse, when the Federal government is already $28 trillion in debt, increases GDP.

Is that the sign of a good economy?

Increased consumer spending due to an increase in the number of consumers is misleading, and is not the same as in increase in spending due to increased wealth or consumer confidence.

People have been led to believe any increase in GDP is good, even when the GDP is increasing for all the wrong reasons.
April 13th, 2021 at 10:45:16 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Tanko

In your personal life, how have illegals contributed to your economic growth, enhanced your welfare, and benefitted you?

Cheap plentiful food
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 13th, 2021 at 11:45:31 AM permalink
ams288
Righties: “Biden’s infrastructure plan isn’t actually about infrastructure!”

The rest of America: “STFU!!”

April 13th, 2021 at 1:42:25 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288

I don’t disagree that the definition of infrastructure is changeable. What I disagree with is the need for the Federal Government to throw another few trillion made up dollars at it. Especially ‘communications’. It used to be that private enterprises, as an example, built cell towers. Is it now up to the Federal Government to do so?
April 13th, 2021 at 1:53:30 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: SOOPOO

I don’t disagree that the definition of infrastructure is changeable. What I disagree with is the need for the Federal Government to throw another few trillion made up dollars at it. Especially ‘communications’. It used to be that private enterprises, as an example, built cell towers. Is it now up to the Federal Government to do so?

I think Government cell towers are for those rural red state anti-government citizens to be ungrateful for, when they only account for 3 citizens per square mile. Yeah you didn’t pay for that. But keep voting red.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 15th, 2021 at 7:41:08 AM permalink
ams288
I’m impressed by how much the Dems (Manchin excluded) apparently learned from the mistakes made in 2009-2010.

April 15th, 2021 at 12:33:20 PM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
lol I seem to remember most righties creaming their jeans over the idea of kids in cages at the border when Donny was running things. What changed?!

Mental note: Add "creaming in jeans" to list of AMS fetishes.
The list now reads: Pee Tapes, Trumps physique, sticking lights up rectums & creaming in jeans.
WTF is wrong with this "dude"?
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288
April 15th, 2021 at 12:43:43 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Hmmmmm

-US was sending two warships to the Black Sea

-Russia called this an unfriendly provocation and warned them to 'stay away for their own good'

-Bidumb caves and cancels sending the ships to the Black Sea

Let's go Brandon