Getting real tired of Kamala Harris already.

Page 27 of 28« First<2425262728>
December 7th, 2021 at 3:08:56 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: missedhervee
I suspect Trumpies / republicans are still whining about voter fraud in order to buttress their attempts to prevent blacks, minorities and the poor from voting easily.

Face it, these guys are basically somewhat closeted White Supremacists.

By that I mean they want the white race to maintain its stranglehold on political and cultural power in America.

Given the fact that blacks and browns are increasing their numbers as compared to causcasians the smell of desperation now permeates the air to a redolent degree.

Nonsense. No proof of voter suppression has ever been found. Showing ID only stops dead people from voting. You statements here just prove voter fraud and the Democrat plan to continue it.
The President is a fink.
December 7th, 2021 at 3:11:57 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Mission146
The fact that there were more Trump supporters at rallies during a global pandemic proves only that many Trump supporters are idiots, which we already knew.

This I do not get. No danger in going to a rally. We saw proof of that over and over and keep seeing it.

It does not prove someone is "stupid" it proves they live their lives not hide in fear. That they do not blindly comply because someone on the TV set told them to comply. This drove the people on the TV set nuts as they think we are supposed to never question them.
The President is a fink.
December 7th, 2021 at 3:53:51 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: missedhervee
I suspect Trumpies / republicans are still whining about voter fraud in order to buttress their attempts to prevent blacks, minorities and the poor from voting easily.

Face it, these guys are basically somewhat closeted White Supremacists.

By that I mean they want the white race to maintain its stranglehold on political and cultural power in America.

Given the fact that blacks and browns are increasing their numbers as compared to causcasians the smell of desperation now permeates the air to a redolent degree.

No wonder they’re such big fans of religion; many religions say that it’s a sin to use contraceptives.

I still think Voter ID and enclosing a copy of your ID with your mail-in ballot seems reasonable, though.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
December 7th, 2021 at 4:01:46 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: Evenbob
Correctly counting millions of fraudulent votes legally probably is not illegal. The problem is you don't know how to connect the dots. Obviously millions of Trump voters did not desert him, he got more votes than any sitting president in history. So it had to be all Democrats and independents that voted for Captain Poopypants.
To do that he would have had to have run a more vibrant and electrifying campaign then Obama did in 2008. Instead he did the polar opposite, he ran no campaign at all. He was not vibrant it electrifying, he was senile and dopey. Yet you believe this little girl fondling hair sniffing crime family boss everybody in the country knows is a doofus and a gaff machine, you believe this saggy ass old loser electrified his base so intensely that he got more votes than Brock Obama got in 2008 and beat a sitting president who packed in tens of thousands of people at rallies and got more votes than any sitting president in history. You see nothing wrong with this scenario whatsoever, even though every bit of it flies in the face of logic and experience, yet you see it as a perfectly normal outcome. And in less then a year in office the worst candidate in history has become the worst president in history. If you don't see the truth it's only because you don't want to see it.

Your argument still sucks. Not only does it not demonstrate fraud, but it’s not even a good argument.

In 2016, Hillary Clinton:

1. Received more votes than Donald Trump.
2. Received almost as many votes as Obama did in his re-election, which he won pretty safely.
3. Received the most votes in history of any POTUS candidate to lose.

That doesn’t mean there was fraud; it just means that the Electoral College system is really dumb.

Anyway, he didn’t have to run a vibrant and electrifying anything.

His entire campaign strategy was to not be Donald Trump, which he wasn’t. I thought Biden going on speaking tours or attending debates would have hurt his chances, personally, as it presents opportunities for him to screw something up.

You really don’t get it that after Covid and with mail-in voting the only thing Biden had to do was be an alternative to Trump. I think the better part of the Democratic nominee field would have beat him by virtue of doing nothing once the nomination was secure.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
December 7th, 2021 at 4:07:40 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: AZDuffman
This I do not get. No danger in going to a rally. We saw proof of that over and over and keep seeing it.

It does not prove someone is "stupid" it proves they live their lives not hide in fear. That they do not blindly comply because someone on the TV set told them to comply. This drove the people on the TV set nuts as they think we are supposed to never question them.

Well, yeah, but they were also at a Trump rally. I wasn’t calling going to a Trump rally stupid exclusively because of the global pandemic; that was just a minor component. On the other hand, I could see where many people on the right could be inclined to subscribe to cults.

Anyway, Covid has put enough people to death on a ventilator that maybe you could admit your side was wrong. I still wouldn’t have suggested closing any stores or banning outdoor gatherings of any size, but I can now live with the fact that I thought indoor gatherings should be limited in size prior to the vaccine.
December 7th, 2021 at 4:19:30 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Well, yeah, but they were also at a Trump rally. I wasn’t calling going to a Trump rally stupid exclusively because of the global pandemic; that was just a minor component. On the other hand, I could see where many people on the right could be inclined to subscribe to cults.

Anyway, Covid has put enough people to death on a ventilator that maybe you could admit your side was wrong. I still wouldn’t have suggested closing any stores or banning outdoor gatherings of any size, but I can now live with the fact that I thought indoor gatherings should be limited in size prior to the vaccine.

People on a ventilator has nothing to do with "sides" and that is the problem, politicizing the virus. I have a huge problem with limiting indoor gatherings, that is a classic "signpost to repression." We just should not be doing that in a free society. Go ahead and put out an alert, but it ends there.

It comes down to we are going to have this kind of outbreak every few generations. It is nature taking its course. We cannot go cray because "people died." I will keep maintaining my position that I am not afraid of the virus, I am afraid of the response to the virus. How fast government takes power and how many people want it to take even more power. People calling the cops because some people are in their own building not bothering anyone but not wearing masks. That is the kind of thing that lets communists and fascist get and keep power, people acting this way and saying, "it is for the common good!"

I just wish more people would take the real lessons from all this. I estimate about 10% are seeing it.

The President is a fink.
December 7th, 2021 at 4:33:26 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
I don’t mean your political side; I mean the side of people that thinks the virus isn’t serious. Apparently, some individuals on the Left seem to feel the same way, but you don’t hear about them as much. That said, the Far Right is the side that makes a grandiose demonstration of rejecting the health guidance…particularly before the vaccines. They don’t do it so much now because most vaccinated people would just shrug at whatever antics they were up to.

Well, I certainly wouldn’t limit them NOW; I meant before there were vaccines. On the other hand, you’re of course right…and it’s not as if the attendees are being forced to be there. Besides that, some churches are large indoor gatherings and freedom of religion is very important, especially during a global pandemic.

In any case, when I talk about large indoor gatherings, I’m referring to packed arenas such as sporting events. Personally, if I were to have supported that, seating capacity of 1,000, or so, probably would have been about my cutoff.

The freedom thing is a darn good point, though, and by justifying shutting anything down, it does create that slippery slope.

I guess it doesn’t matter anymore, though I was definitely against shutting businesses down.
December 7th, 2021 at 5:16:43 AM permalink
AZDuffman
I don’t mean your political side; I mean the side of people that thinks the virus isn’t serious. Apparently, some individuals on the Left seem to feel the same way, but you don’t hear about them as much. That said, the Far Right is the side that makes a grandiose demonstration of rejecting the health guidance…particularly before the vaccines. They don’t do it so much now because most vaccinated people would just shrug at whatever antics they were up to.

You would have to define "serious." For some reason they pushed that this one was a problem very, very early on. On one hand you have to ask if they knew something, OTOH you can say "there they go again...."

Virus scares of the modern era stared in the 2000s with SARS. Every few years since we seem to get push for a new scare. China Virus the push took, worldwide. But was it serious enough to warrant slamming the brakes on the economy and scaring everyone half to death? It was supposed to be 2 weeks to "flatten the curve" it became 10 months with many things still locked.

I thought of and probably should have blogged about my observations daily as I look back and see how many behavior lessons were out there.
The President is a fink.
December 7th, 2021 at 6:42:27 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: AZDuffman
You would have to define "serious." For some reason they pushed that this one was a problem very, very early on. On one hand you have to ask if they knew something, OTOH you can say "there they go again...."

Virus scares of the modern era stared in the 2000s with SARS. Every few years since we seem to get push for a new scare. China Virus the push took, worldwide. But was it serious enough to warrant slamming the brakes on the economy and scaring everyone half to death? It was supposed to be 2 weeks to "flatten the curve" it became 10 months with many things still locked.

I thought of and probably should have blogged about my observations daily as I look back and see how many behavior lessons were out there.

Nothing is serious enough to warrant slamming the brakes on the economy; I’m talking specifically about indoor events of more than 1,000 people in one structure, and even then I’m kind of on the fence. I was totally unwavering in being against any shutdowns or business restrictions of any kind, barring large indoor gatherings.

In any event, they were right this time. Yet, there are many who would still deny it. It’ll take someone personally close to them either dying or nearly escaping death. I tend to be an Empiricist, don’t get me wrong, but I’m not THAT strict about it.

Funny thing is how many of them are usually good at believing things with ZERO evidence.
January 20th, 2022 at 8:22:05 AM permalink
Starburger
Threads: 6
I called this from the beginning in a way. A huge Majority of Americans are sick of Kamala Harris.
One man's offense is another man's humor.
Page 27 of 28« First<2425262728>