Threads: 73
Quote: missedhervee

I drink coffee sometimes
It's one of the easiest things to make
I never ever get a coffee from Starbucks
But
I may go for a Frappe
To me its more of a desert
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 21st, 2022 at 3:59:39 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: terapined
I drink coffee sometimes
It's one of the easiest things to make
I never ever get a coffee from Starbucks
But
I may go for a Frappe
To me its more of a desert

Used to only drink coffee in ‘Frappafattos’ or whatever Starbucks or Tim Horton’s called them. After diabetes diagnosis I now use the Keureg, Wegman’s dark roast, 4oz, over ice, small amount of 1/2 and 1/2. Probably 30 cents. I think of it like a dessert as well.
July 21st, 2022 at 4:08:09 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: SOOPOO
Used to only drink coffee in ‘Frappafattos’ or whatever Starbucks or Tim Horton’s called them. After diabetes diagnosis I now use the Keureg, Wegman’s dark roast, 4oz, over ice, small amount of 1/2 and 1/2. Probably 30 cents. I think of it like a dessert as well.

What do you attribute your diabetes to? If to anything.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 21st, 2022 at 4:36:57 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: rxwine

I would guess high sugar levels.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
July 21st, 2022 at 5:48:33 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: rxwine

My horrific pre diagnosis diet. I drank tons of sugared soda. The frappafattos were sugar laden. Lots of ‘bad’ carbs as well. I had a belly as well. But I really can’t say for sure. I do blame it on my bad choices.
July 22nd, 2022 at 2:47:18 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: SOOPOO
My horrific pre diagnosis diet. I drank tons of sugared soda. The frappafattos were sugar laden. Lots of ‘bad’ carbs as well. I had a belly as well. But I really can’t say for sure. I do blame it on my bad choices.

Those coffee drinks are great but so full of hidden sugar. Clearly a relationship there. Try just regular iced coffee, cold brew it at home.
The President is a fink.
July 22nd, 2022 at 3:09:06 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: missedhervee
Starbucks is closing up some Portland stores due to safety concerns.

Not just Portland

'These are the 16 U.S. stores that Starbucks is set to close because of safety concerns'
July 22nd, 2022 at 3:17:27 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Tanko
Not just Portland

'These are the 16 U.S. stores that Starbucks is set to close because of safety concerns'

They are starting to learn what their "open restroom" policy is causing. If they had stood up for themselves when those two black guys complained about being asked to leave for sitting in the store and not ordering anything then things would be better. But they had to go woke. Anyone who has worked in any kind of retail in a dense city area knows that you cannot have an "open to the public" policy on your restrooms because they will get trashed. It is not so much an issue in the suburbs, but in the cities it is.

SBUX could have said, "we have some problems at some stores so need to take measures." They did that with lingering customers in some stores. Customers lingered too long so they covered the outlets so laptops could not be recharged. They openly said that it was just some stores, others with no problems no measures taken.

Let them close their stores, it just helps the stock of BROS that I own.
The President is a fink.