Jan 6 investigation committee

Page 3 of 5<12345>
July 27th, 2021 at 9:48:50 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: terapined
White privilege
I've seen a gazillion protests in DC including Muslim protests.
If this were Muslims or BLM attacking the capital, blood on the streets

Then who was the provider of the "White privilege" that day? Which police department? Which government agencies? Which politician? The Capitol has their own police force. Who reigned them in and stopped, or did not make, calls for help? Who didn't think to plan in advance?

I disagree with your statement because blood rarely runs in the street in any protest or riot unless it is the protesters or rioters making it run. Not saying it has not happened in the past, but not really lately. There have been plenty of peaceful protests, riots, and looting around the county with little bloodshed. However, if your statement is true, who provided the privilege? Somebody made decisions that day...
July 27th, 2021 at 9:51:38 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: RonC
Then who was the provider of the "White privilege" that day?

White republicans
Did you see the rally
White republicans were egging on the crowd, one after another including Trump
They are and were very aware of white privilege

If I was at a Muslim or BLM rally, no way I say attack. Thats suicide by cop
I'm aware of white privilege, thats why I advise Blacks or Muslims not to attack
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 27th, 2021 at 10:01:54 AM permalink
RonC
White republicans

So white republicans kept the Capitol from being defended? No, a lack of attention to a threat and no plan to handle it led to severity of the breach. Yes, the terrorists were the ones who committed it, but a huge failure of many government agencies allowed it to happen on their watch.

The terrorists should pay for their crimes.

"Simply put, the National Guard only shows up to D.C. when they’ve been invited, and the Capitol Police did not extend that invitation until after the breach, according to a source with knowledge of the process, who was not authorized to speak about it on the record."

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2021/01/07/this-is-why-the-national-guard-didnt-respond-to-the-attack-on-the-capitol/

"In late December, the New York Police Department sent a packet of material to the U.S. Capitol Police and the FBI. It was full of what's known as raw intelligence — bits and pieces of information that turned up by scraping various social media sites. It all indicated that there would likely be violence when lawmakers certified the presidential election on Jan. 6."

https://www.npr.org/2021/01/13/956359496/why-didnt-the-fbi-and-dhs-produce-a-threat-report-ahead-of-the-capitol-insurrect

"A report from a bipartisan Senate investigation of the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol criticized the FBI and the Homeland Security Department for downplaying online threats and for not issuing formal intelligence bulletins to help law enforcement prepare ahead of the insurrection."

https://www.newsweek.com/bipartisan-senate-report-capitol-riot-blasts-dhs-fbi-not-informing-capitol-police-threats-1598601

"Capitol Police acting chief Yogananda Pittman—“knew about social media posts calling for violence at the Capitol on January 6, including a plot to breach the Capitol, the online sharing of maps of the Capitol Complex’s tunnel systems, and other specific threats of violence,” according to the report."

https://www.vice.com/en/article/3aqan5/capitol-riot-report-shows-police-and-the-fbi-failed-at-almost-every-level
July 27th, 2021 at 10:23:46 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I
This committee would have been just fine with the members the Minority Leader appointed. The Democrats would still be in charge and control the hearings. Instead she took an unprecedented action by rejecting some of them.

That tells me a lot about her motives. As to the actual committee, I am hoping they are there to find the truth...no matter how inconvenient it may be.

Pelosi wasn't responsible for holding back the other 3 that were picked.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 27th, 2021 at 10:28:40 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
It will be interesting to see what the investigation unearths as to the complicity of certain Capitol police with the insurrectionists; just how high up the food chain did this pro-Trump feeling run, and what was or was not done because of it?
July 27th, 2021 at 10:34:01 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: rxwine
Pelosi wasn't responsible for holding back the other 3 that were picked.

This is funny
McCarthy is threatening the republicans by taking away their other committees
ROTFL
Pelosi has the power to reverse
McCarthy doesn't have a clue on how to respond
Is he the dumbest minority leader ever
You throw anybody that broke the law under the bus and cut your losses. That would be the smart play
McCarthy aint smart and does not have the power to play hardball like strip assignments
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 27th, 2021 at 10:52:39 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
LOL:

Congresspersons MTG, Gaetz, Gosar, and Gohmert held a press conference in front of the DOJ.

It did NOT go well.

https://twitter.com/ztpetrizzo/status/1420069248781668364?s=21
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 27th, 2021 at 11:08:54 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: ams288
LOL:

Congresspersons MTG, Gaetz, Gosar, and Gohmert held a press conference in front of the DOJ.

It did NOT go well.

https://twitter.com/ztpetrizzo/status/1420069248781668364?s=21

ROTFL
Insanity
Obviously the JAN 6 investigation is getting lots of TV time
This was simply a stunt to try to get on TV to deflect
Media whores
July 27th, 2021 at 11:23:22 AM permalink
terapined
So white republicans kept the Capitol from being defended?

Yes
How can you defend if the President is ordering the attack
July 27th, 2021 at 11:37:53 AM permalink
RonC
Yes
How can you defend if the President is ordering the attack

I am sorry...this is just plain dumb. What proof do you had that he actually ordered a violent attack? How do you know he knew, or thought, that there would be violence? The same way you knew all along about the pee tape? Whatever...

You don't want a real discussion; you want a specific outcome. The facts show that people NOT IN TRUMP'S CIRCLE did not defend the Capitol after having warning that violence was possible. They did not respond to the intelligence they had.

Again, I want all of the terrorists punished. If there is a real connection to anyone inciting the event, I am fine with those connected being prosecuted...but not in some partisan witch hunt manor. Real prosecutions by real prosecutors. Not prosecution in the press.

If you just want to blame white privilege, okay.

....thanks for your time today! Enjoy your travels and be well! I will visit again someday!
Page 3 of 5<12345>