Firearms w.o. Face

Page 1 of 91234>Last »
September 2nd, 2021 at 1:01:51 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
I am sick of ammunition shortages every time the Dims get into power!
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
September 2nd, 2021 at 1:22:39 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: odiousgambit

I guess I'll post it here. .22 ammo scarce again. I am sick of ammunition shortages every time the Dims get into power!

Blame the dummies who buy it all up thinking Dems will actually “grab your guns.”
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 2nd, 2021 at 1:42:13 PM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
.22 - seriously? I’ve never seen that out of stock even in the worst of times.

9mm .45 and .40 are always what is scarce

It’s probably worth buying the equipment and reuse shell casings if your range allows you to collect them.

I really haven’t had much interest in shooting lately, so all I really need is the 30 rounds of hollow point I keep with my gun.
September 2nd, 2021 at 1:46:02 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: odiousgambit
good guess as to what's going on

how do you delete a thread? or edit a title?

You might need a mod or the Wizard for that. Since you saw my response, I'm going to edit out my reference.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 2nd, 2021 at 1:53:01 PM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Quote: gamerfreak
It’s probably worth buying the equipment and reuse shell casings if your range allows you to collect them.

Looked into reloading last year. No primers to be found anywhere. Don’t know if that situation has improved.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
September 2nd, 2021 at 2:07:58 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Quote: gamerfreak
.22 - seriously? I’ve never seen that out of stock even in the worst of times.
somehow you have avoided something that has hit others. Online, Cabelas anyway, all out of stock. I do know a couple of local retailers that might fix me up, we'll see.
September 3rd, 2021 at 12:51:37 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
I have enough rounds for my 9 mm to keep in practice and be ready in case of a need.

Texas now has "Constitutional Carry" as of 9/1, but I have not taken the weapon out of the house. I want to learn more about the law to make sure I understand it better, even though I could legally carry it in the truck previously...just not concealed or in certain other ways. I mostly carry it to the ranch where we hunt and o also where we do some target practice. my wife is becoming familiar with the pistol also.

Luckily, I have a good supplier and can usually get a couple of hundred rounds when I need them. I last got some to take to a friend in Florida who could not get them. Had to read up on airline policy for that!
September 3rd, 2021 at 1:24:17 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: RonC
I have enough rounds for my 9 mm to keep in practice and be ready in case of a need.

Texas now has "Constitutional Carry" as of 9/1, but I have not taken the weapon out of the house. I want to learn more about the law to make sure I understand it better, even though I could legally carry it in the truck previously...just not concealed or in certain other ways. I mostly carry it to the ranch where we hunt and o also where we do some target practice. my wife is becoming familiar with the pistol also.

Luckily, I have a good supplier and can usually get a couple of hundred rounds when I need them. I last got some to take to a friend in Florida who could not get them. Had to read up on airline policy for that!

All I can say is dont piss off your neighbor
He now has the right to stand in front of your home armed to the teeth
Your kids could be playing on the front lawn with this deranged weirdo with automatic weapons just feet away
Can you imagine the coming neighborhood disputes as citizens try to intimate each other
Is there any law in TX regarding where your gun is pointed?
Can somebody just aim at you and its OK?
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 3rd, 2021 at 1:53:09 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Quote: terapined
All I can say is dont piss off your neighbor
He now has the right to stand in front of your home armed to the teeth
Your kids could be playing on the front lawn with this deranged weirdo with automatic weapons just feet away
Can you imagine the coming neighborhood disputes as citizens try to intimate each other
Is there any law in TX regarding where your gun is pointed?
Can somebody just aim at you and its OK?
you have quite an imagination

I think if you have a deranged weirdo for a neighbor, you'd want him to stand in front of your home brandishing his weapon. Speaking for myself, that's exactly what I would want, but I won't elaborate. What I wouldn't want is him lurking about, armed, but hiding, thinking he could sneak off a shot

but like I say, takes quite an imagination to start pondering all this
September 3rd, 2021 at 1:57:42 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
My experiences with guns is very minor. I have a 22 rifle that I took the bolt out of so my daughter wouldn't be tempted to play with it. Unfortunately that was 20 years ago and I still haven't found the bolt.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
Page 1 of 91234>Last »