Aaron Rodgers and Covid

Page 4 of 5<12345>
November 11th, 2021 at 10:48:36 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: JimRockford
Haters start gay rumors about any star athlete who stays single for a long time. I remember when there were rumors about Troy Aikman. They do it to try to tear them down because for some reason it matters in the sport’s world. There was even buzz about Derik Jeter and he had a well known pass time of trying to nail every hot woman in New York. The. Whole thing is ridiculous.

Radical gays like to do what they call "outing." They get some kind of sick pleasure out of proving a guy is gay.
The President is a fink.
November 11th, 2021 at 11:42:40 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I don't remember any rumors for basketball, football, or baseball. Just ones about female tennis players.

Maybe back in the day, Bruce Jenner was rumored to be a Democrat. j/k.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 12th, 2021 at 4:42:14 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: rxwine
I don't remember any rumors for basketball, football, or baseball. Just ones about female tennis players.

Maybe back in the day, Bruce Jenner was rumored to be a Democrat. j/k.

I don't care about Rodger's sexuality. It is his business. As long as he is committing crimes, that is the way it should stay unless he wants to talk about it.
November 12th, 2021 at 5:24:35 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: RonC
I don't care about Rodger's sexuality. It is his business. As long as he is committing crimes, that is the way it should stay unless he wants to talk about it.

I don't see what the big deal is
Why should endorsements dry up if you come out gay
He we would fit right in on an Elton and Nas uber eats commercial
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 12th, 2021 at 5:37:58 AM permalink
RonC
Quote: terapined

Companies look at what helps/hurts their sales. If they are too "woke" and don't pay attention to who buys their product, they can lose market share and the companies don't exist to lose money. I think his endorsements would either be just fine or shift to companies like the one you mentioned. I doubt he would lose much money. That being said, I just don't think someone being gay or straight is as important to anyone as it might have been at one time. That is a good thing. The old thinking (which still exists, of course) placed people with in boxes. Those old boxes did not fit then and they do not now.
November 12th, 2021 at 5:46:41 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: RonC
Companies look at what helps/hurts their sales. If they are too "woke" and don't pay attention to who buys their product, they can lose market share and the companies don't exist to lose money. I think his endorsements would either be just fine or shift to companies like the one you mentioned. I doubt he would lose much money. That being said, I just don't think someone being gay or straight is as important to anyone as it might have been at one time. That is a good thing. The old thinking (which still exists, of course) placed people with in boxes. Those old boxes did not fit then and they do not now.

The big problem
And its big in the world of endorsements
He's now viewed as a lying a**hole
Did you see how Terry Bradshaw threw him under the bus
I'm gonna puke if I see Rodgers in a state farm commercial
I'm not the only one and state farm knows that and has pretty much pulled him. Thats telling
Endorsement wise
Its over
Even uber eats won't want him
Nas and Elton may be gay, but they are well liked
Thats the key, well liked. Rodgers jumped that shark
I doubt if Nas or Elton would agree to do a commercial with Rodgers, don't want to ruin their image, well liked gays
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 12th, 2021 at 5:52:27 AM permalink
RonC
The big problem
And its big in the world of endorsements
He's now viewed as a lying a**hole
Did you see how Terry Bradshaw threw him under the bus
I'm gonna puke if I see Rodgers in a state farm commercial
I'm not the only one and state farm knows that and has pretty much pulled him. Thats telling
Endorsement wise
Its over
Even uber eats won't want him
Nas and Elton may be gay, but they are well liked
Thats the key, well liked. Rodgers jumped that shark

The lying part is the bigger issue. People still support NBA players that won't condemn slave labor in China being used to make their shoes, so I am not sure what kind of "legs" his lying will have in the long run. If he comes back, plays well, etc. it may all fade into the past.

Your declaration of "it's over" may or may not be true depending on more than just the current situation.
November 12th, 2021 at 6:08:18 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51

They should not but sadly there are still lots of people that tend to view it negatively. Advertisers don't want anything negative perceived in their ads.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
November 12th, 2021 at 6:09:39 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51

I doubt if Nas or Elton would agree to do a commercial with Rodgers, don't want to ruin their image, well liked gays

Who is Nas?
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
November 12th, 2021 at 6:41:09 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: DRich
Who is Nas?

Page 4 of 5<12345>