Deadpool 2022

Page 29 of 32« First<26272829303132>
September 17th, 2022 at 2:37:08 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Yes, Soap. I forgot all about that.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
September 18th, 2022 at 2:44:19 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: DRich
Probably a good move. Were there any flaming gay characters on TV in the early 1970's? I don't even remember any subtle gay characters back then.

"Dallas" did a storyline on one in a serious way. He would not have bee portrayed as "openly gay" but just acting quite that way. Wasn't there a guy on "Bewitched" that came off that way?

In any case, the gag would not have worked with that type. It would have been one-shot. Klinger was funny because he was a regular guy pretending to be nuts. He even refused a discharge for being homosexual and transvestite, knowing what it would do to his life.
The President is a fink.
September 18th, 2022 at 5:15:17 AM permalink
DRich
Quote: AZDuffman
"Dallas" did a storyline on one in a serious way. He would not have bee portrayed as "openly gay" but just acting quite that way. Wasn't there a guy on "Bewitched" that came off that way?

In any case, the gag would not have worked with that type. It would have been one-shot. Klinger was funny because he was a regular guy pretending to be nuts. He even refused a discharge for being homosexual and transvestite, knowing what it would do to his life.

I find the most ironic thing to be that after many years of trying to get discharged and sent home, Klinger was the one character that stayed in Korea after the end of the war.
September 18th, 2022 at 5:23:22 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
I find the most ironic thing to be that after many years of trying to get discharged and sent home, Klinger was the one character that stayed in Korea after the end of the war.

Not sure about that
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/AfterMASH
Max Klinger had found himself in trouble with the law in Toledo. Colonel Potter wrote to him and offered him a job as his administrative assistant. Klinger's nemesis at General General was D'Angelo's executive secretary Alma Cox (Brandis Kemp), a mean-spirited woman who was forever trying to "get the goods" on him, from rifling through his desk to giving him just one day to prepare for a civil service exam, the latter of which, despite her underhanded efforts, he still manages to pass.

Season Two opened with Klinger escaping from the River Bend County Jail to attend the birth of his child and remaining a fugitive until a judge sent him to the psychiatric unit at General General, where Klinger feigned insanity to avoid prison and the Potters took in Soon Lee and the (as yet unnamed) baby. Mike D'Angelo was transferred to Montana and was replaced by smarmy new administrator Wally Wainwright (Peter Michael Goetz). Anne Pitoniak was brought in to replace Barbara Townsend as Mildred Potter. David Ackroyd was promoted to a regular cast member after multiple guest appearances in the second half of the first season. An attractive new psychiatrist, Dr. Lenore Dudziak (Wendy Girard), arrived to begin the daunting task of evaluating Klinger, while Potter was horrified that Wainwright assigned Alma Cox as his new secretary.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 18th, 2022 at 1:34:12 PM permalink
AZDuffman

He supposedly took a local discharge but by the fall TV season was back in Toledo, ended up in county jail.
The President is a fink.
September 18th, 2022 at 2:10:17 PM permalink
DRich
Quote: terapined
Not sure about that

Never saw AfterMASH but in the last episode of MASH didn't he decide to stay? I haven't watched that episode in over 30 years but that was how I remembered it.
September 18th, 2022 at 2:21:01 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Never saw AfterMASH but in the last episode of MASH didn't he decide to stay? I haven't watched that episode in over 30 years but that was how I remembered it.

He said he was staying, but his wife found her family right away and they both moved to Toledo. He could not get an apartment with a Korean wife so Potter set him up in MO and the VA hospital.
The President is a fink.
September 18th, 2022 at 3:07:31 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Henry Silva at 95

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 24th, 2022 at 2:43:30 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Louise Fletcher

Nurse Ratched would become a meme for uptight women in power who are impossible to deal with.
The President is a fink.
September 28th, 2022 at 6:16:22 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Coolio, 59
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
Page 29 of 32« First<26272829303132>