The Biden Presidency 2022

February 10th, 2022 at 1:29:05 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
I saw some of the President's comments today. Wow. He is so low energy way too often.

I don't remember a President with less visible energy or more stuck on pushing a bill that has been declared dead several times. I don't expect his policies to match what I would like to see, but I do normally expect pivots as they become necessary.

He's sending the VP to the thing in Munich; she's not up to the diplomacy necessary based on her track record. That seems like a weak move.

The President plans one event most times he leaves the DC area...it is hard to gain traction if you don't really get out and push what you are working towards.

I think his team is letting him down big time.
February 10th, 2022 at 1:52:43 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: RonC

I don't remember a President with less visible energy

Reagan
Had alzheimers his final year in office
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 10th, 2022 at 2:15:37 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: terapined
Reagan
Had alzheimers his final year in office

Does RonC think Biden was elected for his high energy? Or is he just looking for more to complain about?

Either way, Biden is still succeeding in doing what he was elected to do: not being Donny.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 11th, 2022 at 12:54:26 PM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Biden's newest DOE pick.

Deputy Assistant Secretary of Spent Fuel and Waste Disposition at the DOE.

February 11th, 2022 at 1:04:01 PM permalink
RonC
Quote: Tanko
Biden's newest DOE pick.

Deputy Assistant Secretary of Spent Fuel and Waste Disposition at the DOE.

Is he qualified for the position based on experience and education?
February 11th, 2022 at 1:19:28 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: RonC
Is he qualified for the position based on experience and education?

Eminently so.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/samuelbrinton

Read it and weep.

"I completed a dual Master of Science degree program at Massachusetts Institute of Technology in nuclear engineering and the technology and policy program. I am a graduate from Kansas State University with a BS in mechanical and nuclear engineering and a BA in vocal music performance and a minor in Chinese language. My educational research interests were concentrated on nuclear fuel cycle system analysis with subtopics of interest including economics and nuclear waste storage and disposal analysis. I've had internships at Harvard Kennedy School, Argonne National Laboratory, Idaho National Laboratory, and Dow Chemical Company in various projects relating to nuclear engineering and systems analysis."

It always makes me smile to watch how people tend to prejudge others using the wrong criteria, as you are doing now.

You think that his being gay, or whatever, should disqualify him: baloney.

I don't care if someone bangs pumpkins for fun and dresses in wolf skin so long as they are qualified.

This guy is highly qualified, likely more so for this position than people Trump put into similar positions during his brief reign.

Bravo, Mr. Biden: bravo.
February 11th, 2022 at 2:07:18 PM permalink
RonC
Quote: missedhervee
Eminently so.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/samuelbrinton

Read it and weep.

"I completed a dual Master of Science degree program at Massachusetts Institute of Technology in nuclear engineering and the technology and policy program. I am a graduate from Kansas State University with a BS in mechanical and nuclear engineering and a BA in vocal music performance and a minor in Chinese language. My educational research interests were concentrated on nuclear fuel cycle system analysis with subtopics of interest including economics and nuclear waste storage and disposal analysis. I've had internships at Harvard Kennedy School, Argonne National Laboratory, Idaho National Laboratory, and Dow Chemical Company in various projects relating to nuclear engineering and systems analysis."

It always makes me smile to watch how people tend to prejudge others using the wrong criteria, as you are doing now.

You think that his being gay, or whatever, should disqualify him: baloney.

I don't care if someone bangs pumpkins for fun and dresses in wolf skin so long as they are qualified.

This guy is highly qualified, likely more so for this position than people Trump put into similar positions during his brief reign.

Bravo, Mr. Biden: bravo.

What the hell are you talking about? Your presumption is that I prejudged him…and it is full of crap.

I did not see much about qualifications in the article…so I asked if he was qualified. Thank you for the info.

I don’t like a lot of Biden’s appointees based on their political leanings and, some, for lack of qualifications.
February 11th, 2022 at 2:12:38 PM permalink
missedhervee
Sorry you're too intellectually lazy to do some fact checking on your own.

Your post seemed ... snarky ... like the right wingers like to roll...like that Tanko guy, the OP who obviously is clueless about his subject.
February 11th, 2022 at 2:19:10 PM permalink
RonC
Quote: missedhervee
Sorry you're too intellectually lazy to do some fact checking on your own.

Your post seemed ... snarky ... like the right wingers like to roll...like that Tanko guy, the OP who obviously is clueless about his subject.

The question was one that really needed no answer…

I was questioning the post and the article…not what his pronoun is or what he likes to do on his own time or what he looks like, etc. etc.

I am conservative but I know elections have consequences and that the President gets to appoint people.
February 11th, 2022 at 4:05:01 PM permalink
missedhervee
This looks like a very clever, politcally astute appointment by Biden as it placates the LGBT crowd and delivers a highly qualified individual.