The Biden Presidency 2022

April 5th, 2022 at 12:09:10 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Seeing Obama at the White House makes me nostalgic. The good ol' days. Conservatives whining about the end of Democracy, but no Trumpian nonsense.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 5th, 2022 at 12:34:32 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 97
Too bad we can't successfully pull it off so that what we get is a true compromise of conservative and liberal.
April 5th, 2022 at 1:10:06 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: missedhervee
Too bad we can't successfully pull it off so that what we get is a true compromise of conservative and liberal.

It's said that gerrymandering brings power to either extreme end. The bell curve is biggest in the middle. So, you'd think the center right and center left and the middle might work together to actually put the extreme ends in their proper place of power.

But it's all talk for the most part.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 5th, 2022 at 1:21:56 PM permalink
missedhervee
Seems to me that the key issue behind all the political poloarization is CHANGE.

Libs want it, conservatives don't.

Could be intractable, and if opinions remain strong enough and politicians continue to fan the flames of discontent then things could get more violent.
April 5th, 2022 at 1:35:11 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: missedhervee
Seems to me that the key issue behind all the political poloarization is CHANGE.

Libs want it, conservatives don't.

Could be intractable, and if opinions remain strong enough and politicians continue to fan the flames of discontent then things could get more violent.

Well, the reason I said it, when each side makes concessions to their extreme elements to gain power it's not without costs. The only way to fix that is make universal changes that effect both sides ability to gerrymander. It won't fix anything unless both sides are affected by the change. Because neither side wants to be taken advantage of and lose from trying to keep extreme elements at bay by themselves.
April 5th, 2022 at 2:17:33 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
This is interesting. I heard this from a neutral analyst. Everybody is puzzled as to why the New York Times And The Washington Post are making such a big deal about Hunter Biden's laptop being real and how damaging this is to the current Administration. This guy's theory is the Democrats don't want to win the House and Senate this year they want this incredible mess that Biden has created to be in the hands of the Republicans let them clean it up let them take the blame. They want to get rid of Joe and Kamala entirely after the elections and put somebody in there who has a chance of winning in 2024. All they have to do is get Kamala to resign and appoint a new vice president like Nixon did who would then be president after Biden resigns. Just like what happened with Nixon. Makes logical sense.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 6th, 2022 at 8:43:45 AM permalink
rxwine
I wonder if all these bans being enacted will help the Democrats or the Republicans more.

Quote:
The Oklahoma state House passed a bill Tuesday that would make performing an abortion a felony punishable by up to 10 years in prison. Gov. Kevin Stitt, a Republican, has said he will sign any anti-abortion rights bill sent to him. If he signs this one, it will go into effect this summer.

No exceptions for incest or rape. Just medical emergencies.

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/maddowblog/oklahoma-republicans-approve-total-abortion-ban-rcna23198
April 6th, 2022 at 9:34:16 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: rxwine
No exceptions for incest or rape. Just medical emergencies.

You’d have to imagine that the majority of Oklahoman pregnancies are the result of incest so this checks out.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 6th, 2022 at 10:52:03 AM permalink
missedhervee
Quote: ams288
You’d have to imagine that the majority of Oklahoman pregnancies are the result of incest so this checks out.

And rape: many whites prey on Indian women.
April 6th, 2022 at 1:18:50 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
you guys are something
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]