The Biden Presidency 2022

April 8th, 2022 at 5:58:08 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: Evenbob
This is interesting. I heard this from a neutral analyst. Everybody is puzzled as to why the New York Times And The Washington Post are making such a big deal about Hunter Biden's laptop being real and how damaging this is to the current Administration. This guy's theory is the Democrats don't want to win the House and Senate this year they want this incredible mess that Biden has created to be in the hands of the Republicans let them clean it up let them take the blame. They want to get rid of Joe and Kamala entirely after the elections and put somebody in there who has a chance of winning in 2024. All they have to do is get Kamala to resign and appoint a new vice president like Nixon did who would then be president after Biden resigns. Just like what happened with Nixon. Makes logical sense.

How would they get the Vice President to resign? She is one of the worst VPs ever, but has she done anything illegal or immoral to the point of being pressured to resign? She treats her staff poorly; too many bosses do that. She is clueless and does not put a full effort into her work, based on reports, but they can’t make her resign because of that. She has felt a touch of the power of being in a high office…she is not just going to leave.

The problem is that we have a barely (if that) mentally fit President and an incompetent person as Vice President. There isn’t a good way to fix that until 2024.

Of course, they can be neutered this fall but then Republicans must perform and not just talk. They must put bills that make sense in front of the President and make him veto them. They must make sure everyone knows how they are trying to make things better and that Democrats are stopping them. If they are the same old party unable to communicate to the voter, 2024 could turn the tide right back the other way.
April 8th, 2022 at 6:07:00 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: RonC
Of course, they can be neutered this fall but then Republicans must perform and not just talk. They must put bills that make sense in front of the President and make him veto them. They must make sure everyone knows how they are trying to make things better and that Democrats are stopping them. If they are the same old party unable to communicate to the voter, 2024 could turn the tide right back the other way.

Hahahahahahaha

Good luck with that.

Bills that make sense? Todays GOP has no governing principle other “owning the libs.” The first bill the GOP house passes in 2023 will probably be some anti-Disney thing.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 8th, 2022 at 6:15:21 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
How would they get the Vice President to resign? She is one of the worst VPs ever, but has she done anything illegal or immoral to the point of being pressured to resign? She treats her staff poorly; too many bosses do that. She is clueless and does not put a full effort into her work, based on reports, but they can’t make her resign because of that. She has felt a touch of the power of being in a high office…she is not just going to leave.

The problem is that we have a barely (if that) mentally fit President and an incompetent person as Vice President. There isn’t a good way to fix that until 2024.

Get used to her
Next President of the United States of America
She has got my vote
Your views of Kamala Harris have been corrupted by foxnews gossip " based on reports" BS
Give me a concrete example of what she has done as VP to use the term "worst"
All you have is gossip which is BS
It's sad but a lot of what I hear from the right is BS

Let's cut to the chase and stop the BS
2 simple questions
What exactly has Kamala done to make her the worst and gossip don't count
What exactly is on the laptop that would change my vote
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 8th, 2022 at 6:25:54 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: terapined
Give me a concrete example of what she has done as VP to use the term "worst"

She’s the only VP to ever be a black woman.

Two things the righties absolutely WILL NOT tolerate.
April 8th, 2022 at 7:48:13 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: ams288
She’s the only VP to ever be a black woman.

Two things the righties absolutely WILL NOT tolerate.

What?

Why, that implies that right wingers are, dare I mutter the word ... RACIST.

Egad, the horror!

Who knew?
April 8th, 2022 at 9:05:29 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: missedhervee
What?

Why, that implies that right wingers are, dare I mutter the word ... RACIST.

Egad, the horror!

Who knew?

I'm not particularly worried about Harris. But I think it's apparent she still lacks the depth of governing experience, and also her lack of experience in a national spotlight contributes to some awkward responses. Totally different than the age related situations Biden experiences.

But I do believe she's smart enough to use the expertise that will be around her if the time comes to occupy the Presidency and that's why I don't worry.

If I were a Republican, I'd be more concerned with her policy actions than whether she can perform the job if needed.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 8th, 2022 at 10:03:52 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: rxwine
I'm not particularly worried about Harris. But I think it's apparent she still lacks the depth of governing experience, and also her lack of experience in a national spotlight contributes to some awkward responses. Totally different than the age related situations Biden experiences.

But I do believe she's smart enough to use the expertise that will be around her if the time comes to occupy the Presidency and that's why I don't worry.

If I were a Republican, I'd be more concerned with her policy actions than whether she can perform the job if needed.

She hasn’t proven, at the VP level, the ability to actually do anything well. The “border czar”, or whatever that was supposed to be, is one example.

She has not yet learned how to control her cackle, which detracts from anything she says. Control of that and learning how to put together a speech are important to her taking the next step.

Her policies? She’ll be left of Biden, if that is possible, and Republicans will be concerned about that.

She is in a position to grow into the job; it is up to her to do that work.

Skin color? Red herring. Gaslighting. I don’t care; I have never cared about the color of someone’s skin.

I think that President Biden did her, and the newest Justice, a disservice by stating what color and sex of person he would nominate instead of simply announcing their appointments as being a chance to pick the most qualified person available.

I don’t like her politics.
April 8th, 2022 at 10:07:21 AM permalink
ams288
She has not yet learned how to control her cackle, which detracts from anything she says

Kinda funny that RonC wants to be seen as Mr. Serious but then he goes and posts completely idiotic things like this.
April 8th, 2022 at 10:16:08 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
She hasn’t proven, at the VP level, the ability to actually do anything well. The “border czar”, or whatever that was supposed to be, is one example.

The only thing the rightwing would think positive about border policy is to enact some Republican agenda. So, it is a no win situation.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 8th, 2022 at 10:22:39 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

She has not yet learned how to control her cackle, which detracts from anything she says. Control of that and learning how to put together a speech are important to her taking the next step.

Her policies? She’ll be left of Biden, if that is possible, and Republicans will be concerned about that.

She is in a position to grow into the job; it is up to her to do that work.

Skin color? Red herring. Gaslighting. I don’t care; I have never cared about the color of someone’s skin.

I think that President Biden did her, and the newest Justice, a disservice by stating what color and sex of person he would nominate instead of simply announcing their appointments as being a chance to pick the most qualified person available.

I don’t like her politics.

The border has not been on the news, you don't like her cackle and you disagree with her politics
How in the world does that translate into worst VP ever.
I get it. You don't like her
But to exaggerate to "one of the worst VPs ever" on what I consider incredibly flimsy reasons is telling
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"