Ukraine conflict

September 11th, 2022 at 3:57:23 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Gandler

Anyway, these are the same people that thought Ukraine would be taken in a matter of weeks, so their bias is clear.

I think 99% of people thought it would be basically over in a matter of weeks. Even U.S. Generals that have been interviewed have said that.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
September 11th, 2022 at 5:17:17 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler
Maybe everyone on the pro-Russian right, certainly not everyone. Many people thought Ukraine would hold out.

Over 20,000 people from all over the world joined the Ukraine foreign legion since March (and these are just those who officially join). People are literally flocking to fight for Ukraine for no pay (actually paying to be there). Russia is struggling to get (and keep) conscripts. Its two totally different militaries, one is full of people who want to be there, one is full of people who are struggling to get away despite the threat of force.

There is no such thing as "pro-Russia right." Russia is a leftist ideology.

"Many" <> "most." Russia has a larger army, larger population, nukes, and had taken Crime at will. That is many real advantages on the Russian side. You really need to get your information from a source other than PMSNBC.
The President is a fink.
September 11th, 2022 at 5:18:08 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: DRich
I think 99% of people thought it would be basically over in a matter of weeks. Even U.S. Generals that have been interviewed have said that.

But he thinks 1% is "many" just because 1% of 500 million is 5 million and 5 million is a big number.
The President is a fink.
September 11th, 2022 at 5:51:15 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Pro-Russian right example

Unless Vladimir Putin has personally had you or one of your family members murdered, you really don’t have any right to criticize the guy
-Tucker Carlson.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 11th, 2022 at 6:02:07 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: rxwine

Unless Vladimir Putin has personally had you or one of your family members murdered, you really don’t have any right to criticize the guy
-Tucker Carlson.

ROTFL
Says the guy who criticizes everybody on the left
I'm really shocked at the support Putin gets from the right.
There was time when the loyal opposition supported a President over a foreign adversary
Times have changed
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 11th, 2022 at 6:18:23 PM permalink
terapined

Sounds like we need some new U.S. Generals
This thinking could be the result of the industrial Defence institution. The massive amount of dollars spent on this institution is directly related to the predicted military capability of Russia.
Interesting enough, just watched the Netflix Anthrax documentary
A govt scientist released it because his dept developing a Anthrax vaccine was being shut down
After he released Anthrax secretly through the mail, his job became a prestige job. He was getting recognition because he was an Anthrax expert
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 12th, 2022 at 2:57:20 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine

-Tucker Carlson.

How is this a problem? The lefties tell us all the time we have no right to criticize anyone who is not hurting us.
The President is a fink.
September 12th, 2022 at 6:18:38 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: terapined

A govt scientist released it because his dept developing a Anthrax vaccine was being shut down
After he released Anthrax secretly through the mail, his job became a prestige job. He was getting recognition because he was an Anthrax expert

That is the true capitalistic way. A real American.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
September 12th, 2022 at 6:23:55 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman
How is this a problem? The lefties tell us all the time we have no right to criticize anyone who is not hurting us.

This is not an Airplane movie where interpretation is done by two brain cells.

Rumack: Captain, how soon can you land?
Captain Oveur: I can't tell.
Rumack: You can tell me. I'm a doctor.
Captain Oveur: No. I mean I'm just not sure.
Rumack: Well, can't you take a guess?
Captain Oveur: Well, not for another two hours.
Rumack: You can't take a guess for another two hours?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 12th, 2022 at 6:39:10 AM permalink
terapined
That is the true capitalistic way. A real American.

????????????
He murdered 5 innocent people
These people were simply doing their jobs moving the mail.
Bob Stevens, Thomas Morris Jr., Joseph Curseen, Kathy Nguyen, Ottilie Lundgren
May they rest in Peace
Let's not forget postal workers disabled for life
Bruce Ivins , the scientist, was a total sicko