Is Covid over?

August 12th, 2022 at 4:29:47 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: DRich
I would be willing to wager that we have influenced a lot more elections than the Russians in the last 100 years. Mainly because we are a richer country and can afford to pay more.

Oh absolutely
And
I believe Russia meddled in 2016
Putin plays chess. It's the smart move. If I were Putin, I would do the same exact thing. It's actually common sense.
But
We have a history of meddling in their country for over a 100 years. No doubt we meddled heavily in all the old soviet bloc states like Poland ect
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 25th, 2022 at 7:12:43 AM permalink
Riverjordan
Threads: 23
According to my local news source, Covid is here to stay, but is being considered to be more like a Cold or the Flu which many People predicted would happen. It's no longer the dire Defcon 5 it was being considered in early 2020.
Alec Baldwin's gun should have been CGI. Would have prevented the tragedy. Facts.
August 25th, 2022 at 7:21:34 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: Riverjordan
According to my local news source, Covid is here to stay, but is being considered to be more like a Cold or the Flu which many People predicted would happen. It's no longer the dire Defcon 5 it was being considered in early 2020.

What's your local news source?
Of course covid is here to stay
Too many dumb stupid people are unvaccinated
Mostly Trumpers
Doesn't really matter to me
I'm vaccinated
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 25th, 2022 at 7:38:00 AM permalink
Riverjordan
Quote: terapined
What's your local news source?
Of course covid is here to stay
Too many dumb stupid people are unvaccinated
Mostly Trumpers
Doesn't really matter to me
I'm vaccinated

My Radio Station. 😀 About unvaccinated People, there was an article about People bashing Unvaccinated People and the People bashing the Unvaccinated People claimed they were trying to peer pressure Unvaccinated People into not being selfish idiots. Wow. Not everyone should get Vaccinated. I know People who have Cancer and a Vaccination can mess up their Cancer Treatments so they shouldn't get Vaccinated.....
Alec Baldwin's gun should have been CGI. Would have prevented the tragedy. Facts.
August 25th, 2022 at 8:49:59 PM permalink
Mooseton
Threads: 0
I honestly went my whole life without following the CDC and am very glad I never did anything they said I should do. Every passing day I feel even more glad to say “F them”. They don’t have a clue and have no business telling people to vaccinate. Their track record is s***.
August 26th, 2022 at 3:28:47 AM permalink
Riverjordan
Quote: Mooseton
I honestly went my whole life without following the CDC and am very glad I never did anything they said I should do. Every passing day I feel even more glad to say “F them”. They don’t have a clue and have no business telling people to vaccinate. Their track record is s***.

The problem with"Coerced Vaccinations," is that a lot of People have preexisting Health Conditions that can mess up their System if they get Vaccinated. I don't like the ,"You have to be Vaccinated in order to get this service," rule that was or is in effect in a lot of places. I have heard that People DIED as a result of the Vaccinations due to their preexisting Health Conditions that were messed up by getting Vaccinated.
August 26th, 2022 at 3:43:02 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
I just not a buyer of the conspiracy nonsense that the USA created the virus
It's junk. [re the assertions of the article posted by petroglyph upthread, also posted below]

I sympathize.

However I am going to say the article is definitely worth reading in full

one of the things that kills me about modern partisan politics is highlighted by the coverage over Fauci. It's as if because Fox News doesn't like Fauci, MSNBC and CNN automatically have to defend him, and vice versa I guess. Fauci should be given a pass by nobody. Good grief, he was Trump's guy. [Trump’s White House Coronavirus Task Force] why does the left love him?

Read the article

https://www.currentaffairs.org/2022/08/why-the-chair-of-the-lancets-covid-19-commission-thinks-the-us-government-is-preventing-a-real-investigation-into-the-pandemic
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
August 26th, 2022 at 4:04:26 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: odiousgambit
I just not a buyer of the conspiracy nonsense that the USA created the virus
It's junk. [re the assertions of the article posted by petroglyph upthread, also posted below]

I sympathize.

However I am going to say the article is definitely worth reading in full

one of the things that kills me about modern partisan politics is highlighted by the coverage over Fauci. It's as if because Fox News doesn't like Fauci, MSNBC and CNN automatically have to defend him, and vice versa I guess. Fauci should be given a pass by nobody. Good grief, he was Trump's guy. [Trump’s White House Coronavirus Task Force] why does the left love him?

Read the article

https://www.currentaffairs.org/2022/08/why-the-chair-of-the-lancets-covid-19-commission-thinks-the-us-government-is-preventing-a-real-investigation-into-the-pandemic

I did read it. The China govt probably read it.
It's an opinion peice
The whole sum of the article is America does research so America did it.
It's a lazy logical conclusion with no real facts to support the conclusion
It's complete BS that our government is preventing an investigation into the pandemic
If China even suspected the US started the virus, this story would be major news. No doubt the China govt looked over this very article and see no real facts connecting the US to the origin of the virus.
The story is BS and China knows it
I need more then an opinion peice
I need factual reporting

Fauci did a fabulous job. It's not that he is Trumps guy. It's that he did a great job. Trump couldn't fire somebody doing a great job. I give kudos to Trump for keeping Fauci on. I give even bigger Kudos to Trump for being vaccinated and being loud about it. Kudos to Trump for believing in Fauci and keeping him on. Trump would have fired Fauci in a nanosecond if he thought he wasn't doing a good job. In this case Trump had excellent judgement
August 26th, 2022 at 6:13:25 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154

Fauci did a fabulous job. It's not that he is Trumps guy. It's that he did a great job. Trump couldn't fire somebody doing a great job. I give kudos to Trump for keeping Fauci on. I give even bigger Kudos to Trump for being vaccinated and being loud about it. Kudos to Trump for believing in Fauci and keeping him on. Trump would have fired Fauci in a nanosecond if he thought he wasn't doing a good job. In this case Trump had excellent judgement
Maybe he did a good job, I'm not sure, no opinion to the contrary anyway

But Fauci is connected to the NIH funding Chinese Bio Labs studying viruses. The research was for "gain of function" which sounds like it could be related to military usage to me. Two things I grant: Fauci/NIH would have wanted the research for scientific knowledge. Fauci/NIH were making the same mistake the whole country was making, trusting the Chinese. Generally, we know better now, but 'generally' we didn't then. OK. I think we know now these labs had an escape ... most likely explanation for Covid

What Fauci should definitely have to answer for is trying to hide these facts and his role. Instead we have the media and the Left trying to help cover for him. Why?
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
August 26th, 2022 at 6:26:54 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: odiousgambit
Maybe he did a good job, I'm not sure, no opinion to the contrary anyway

But Fauci is connected to the NIH funding Chinese Bio Labs studying viruses. The research was for "gain of function" which sounds like it could be related to military usage to me. Two things I grant: Fauci/NIH would have wanted the research for scientific knowledge. Fauci/NIH were making the same mistake the whole country was making, trusting the Chinese. Generally, we know better now, but 'generally' we didn't then. OK. I think we know now these labs had an escape ... most likely explanation for Covid

What Fauci should definitely have to answer for is trying to hide these facts and his role. Instead we have the media and the Left trying to help cover for him. Why?

I simply don't buy the Fauci is Dr Evil rap
It's BS
There is no Dr Evil
You watch too many movies
It's absurd to blame a virus on a single individual
I expect an investigation of Fauci if the Trumpers win the mid terms. I support this investigation just as I supported the Benghazi investigation and Jan 6 investigation. I support ALL investigations. Go ahead, embarrass yourselves by investigating DR Evil.
There is nothing there. Rand Paul grilled Fauci and came up with a complete nothingburger. Gym Jordan will do no better.
I'll be the first to throw Fauci under the bus with PROOF.
I need evidence, not BS. I have no doubt a Fauci hearing will end up like the Benghazi hearings. Nothingburger.