Is Covid over?

July 18th, 2022 at 3:55:54 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Gandler
Honestly I loved that, and nothing to do with COVID, busy stores are just so much more efficient when all aisles are flowing the in the same direction without the worry of somebody abruptly turning the corner or blocking a side with a cart. Its one of those good things from COVID that should have been in place years ago due to general uniformity and efficiency. Sadly, many of the store that implemented this have stopped and removed all signage and floor markings.

They put them in museums all over the country and I love them
Most are still there
You don't miss anything
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 18th, 2022 at 4:34:45 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
She's written a book where she says half of what they told us was BS but they did it for our own good. Especially lying about vaccinations and how good they were when it turns out they weren't good at all.

I’m gonna go out on a limb and guess EB is not providing an accurate description here.

PS- EB is vaccinated.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 22nd, 2022 at 3:04:44 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Not good
https://www.yahoo.com/news/zealand-covid-19-death-rate-064447359.html
"New Zealanders are dying from COVID-19 at record rates as the country battles a new wave of the Omicron strain that is particularly affecting the older population."
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 22nd, 2022 at 3:54:17 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Honestly I loved that, and nothing to do with COVID, busy stores are just so much more efficient when all aisles are flowing the in the same direction without the worry of somebody abruptly turning the corner or blocking a side with a cart. Its one of those good things from COVID that should have been in place years ago due to general uniformity and efficiency. Sadly, many of the store that implemented this have stopped and removed all signage and floor markings.

You would have loved living in East Germany I think. You seem to love being told what to do.

Me I have no desire to walk down a different aisle to get to the one I want.

I do remember when it was a thing Karen yelled at me for my nose outside my mask as she was going against the flow.
The President is a fink.
July 22nd, 2022 at 5:31:49 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: AZDuffman
You would have loved living in East Germany I think. You seem to love being told what to do.

I do remember when it was a thing Karen yelled at me for my nose outside my mask as she was going against the flow.
IDK if you recall me talking about my friend that escaped E. Germany on his third attempt? I was talking with him yesterday, he said he is 87, and he still works everyday. He was telling me that after the wall went up, the only work he could get was cleaning and taking care of a barn. He said he was paid 28 dollars per month, and a bicycle was 350 dollars. He would have had to work 13 months, just to buy a bicycle. Then it was either there or Canada when he first escaped, he remembers having to walk all night so his feet wouldn't freeze. He thinks that is part of the reason he is like he is. He has two guys working for him, low pay but really generous considering he lets them have a house each for 350 a month in Phoenix.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
July 23rd, 2022 at 2:36:38 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: petroglyph
IDK if you recall me talking about my friend that escaped E. Germany on his third attempt? I was talking with him yesterday, he said he is 87, and he still works everyday. He was telling me that after the wall went up, the only work he could get was cleaning and taking care of a barn. He said he was paid 28 dollars per month, and a bicycle was 350 dollars. He would have had to work 13 months, just to buy a bicycle. Then it was either there or Canada when he first escaped, he remembers having to walk all night so his feet wouldn't freeze. He thinks that is part of the reason he is like he is. He has two guys working for him, low pay but really generous considering he lets them have a house each for 350 a month in Phoenix.

But it was an orderly place with lots of rules like he seems to like. East Germany was everything the liberals in the USA say they want.
The President is a fink.
July 23rd, 2022 at 8:57:30 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27

I love things being orderly and uniform.
July 23rd, 2022 at 11:59:36 AM permalink
AZDuffman
I love things being orderly and uniform.

Then HOA neighborhoods in the GDR would have been for you
The President is a fink.
July 23rd, 2022 at 12:20:35 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Then HOA neighborliness the GDR would have been for you

And you would prefer Afghanistan. Weak central government, strong conservative religious morals, lots of guns, and women you could boss around.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 23rd, 2022 at 1:31:19 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine
And you would prefer Afghanistan. Weak central government, strong conservative religious morals, lots of guns, and women you could boss around.

Weather there is not to my liking.
The President is a fink.