Supreme Court strikes down Roe v. Wade?

June 30th, 2022 at 9:59:31 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: kenarman
You are confusing Vietnam with WWI. Vietnam was gorilla warfare, attack and disappear. The main tactic was injure as many as possible. The battle then became an extraction to take out the wounded leaving fewer soldiers to defend or attack the Vietcong. If you kill someone then the body can wait until after the battle. If you injure someone it takes 2 or 3 others and a helicopter to get him to medical help ASAP.

I was in fact referring to Vietnam

https://www.history.com/news/hamburger-hill-controversy

Vietnam is where the term fragging became military slang.

Quote:
Fragging is the deliberate or attempted killing by a soldier of a fellow soldier, usually of a superior officer or non-commissioned officer (NCO). U.S. military personnel coined the word during the Vietnam War, when such killings were most often attempted with a fragmentation grenade,[2] sometimes making it appear that the killing was accidental or during combat with the enemy. The term fragging now encompasses any deliberately killing of military colleagues.[3][4]

The high number of fragging incidents in the latter years of the Vietnam War was symptomatic of the unpopularity of the war with the American public and the breakdown of discipline in the U.S. Armed Forces. Documented and suspected fragging incidents totaled nearly nine hundred from 1969 to 1972.[5]

I also have a feeling lots of Russian soldiers don't believe their leaders are anywhere near having faith. but they still have to obey. edit faith in their leaders;
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 30th, 2022 at 10:15:42 AM permalink
rxwine
The kind of practical faith both the religious and non-religious depend on is that if your car brakes worked last time, they will work the next. And generally they do unless you've been ignoring problems.

God faith proof is both the tornado missed your house, or it hit your house but your house and they thank god for saving their life, or both are destroyed and killed and the remaining congregation now says 'they're in a better a place;/
;
Religious faith makes all kinds of excuses for believing. It's pretty sad actually.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 30th, 2022 at 10:18:12 AM permalink
rxwine
Laptop keyboard is failing on some keys.
June 30th, 2022 at 11:17:15 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: missedhervee
If I continuously tell people that an invisiible ten foot bunny watches over me and peremeates every aspect of my existence I'd be locked up.

Substitute "god" for "bunny" and I am high-fived by other believers.

Don't you see something wrong with this picture?

Yes, it is a atheist bigot trying to rationalize their hate for anyone religious.
The President is a fink.
June 30th, 2022 at 11:36:36 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: AZDuffman
Yes, it is a atheist bigot trying to rationalize their hate for anyone religious.

What does bigotry have to do with it?

And I don't hate religious people; I've no prejudice against them, I don't avoid them or avoid interacting with them.

No, I pity them for delusional thinking.
June 30th, 2022 at 1:33:38 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
What does bigotry have to do with it?

And I don't hate religious people; I've no prejudice against them, I don't avoid them or avoid interacting with them.

No, I pity them for delusional thinking.

I agree
They need that psychological religion crutch to get through life
Not for me
I have a very realistic handle on life
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 30th, 2022 at 2:04:30 PM permalink
rquiredusername
Threads: 0
Quote: terapined
I agree
They need that psychological religion crutch to get through life
Not for me
I have a very realistic handle on life

Some people use religion, some people use marijuana, to the same end result.
June 30th, 2022 at 2:44:08 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Whatever it takes.

But there's a difference between weed and god.

Smoke weed and you get temporarily "stupid;" believe in god and you're already there full time.

But hey, I know lots of you folks are afraid to die, so grab that crucifix and start praying!
June 30th, 2022 at 3:40:14 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Whatever it takes.

But there's a difference between weed and god.

Smoke weed and you get temporarily "stupid;" believe in god and you're already there full time.

But hey, I know lots of you folks are afraid to die, so grab that crucifix and start praying!

And you still do not think your statements are bigoted?

Smoke weed and you slow down whether you are high or not.

Believe in God and you start to see more clear.
The President is a fink.
June 30th, 2022 at 3:49:27 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: AZDuffman

Believe in God and you start to see more clear.

That is funny.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.