Anyone not getting a Booster?

Page 1 of 41234>
May 12th, 2022 at 8:32:16 AM permalink
Riverjordan
Threads: 23
I am fully vaccinated, but I choose not to get Boosted. The first two Vaccinations, I ended up out of work for almost 4 months. The Vaccines caused me tremendous pain that only went away after almost 4 months. So a Booster would most likely cause me to be out of work for almost 4 months again and I can't afford that risk. What about you?
Alec Baldwin's gun should have been CGI. Would have prevented the tragedy. Facts.
May 12th, 2022 at 8:34:04 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Riverjordan
I am fully vaccinated, but I choose not to get Boosted. The first two Vaccinations, I ended up out of work for almost 4 months. The Vaccines caused me tremendous pain that only went away after almost 4 months. So a Booster would most likely cause me to be out of work for almost 4 months again and I can't afford that risk. What about you?

I never got any vax. I still managed to be out of work for 2.5 months. Going back tomorrow.
The President is a fink.
May 12th, 2022 at 8:43:45 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
I got the Johnson 1 shot as my vaccine
6 months later boosted with Moderno
Did not feel the Johnson
Modern booster put me out of action a couple of days
What doesn't kill me makes me stronger
Monitoring the situation
The key are hospitals
As long as they are not overrun
It's business as usual in this country
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 12th, 2022 at 8:47:55 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I’ve been boosted since November.

No plans on a second booster unless a new Delta-strength variant comes around. Not worried about Omicron.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 12th, 2022 at 9:37:33 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Wife and I have had the two intitial shots and yesterday we got our second booster of Pfizer: we've had no complications and so far as we can tell have never contracted covid.

Just follow the science, people: why chance it?

Sure I could and at some time may well contract covid but the science shows that since I am vaccinated / boosted the symptoms / effect of infection would likely be much lighter than were I unprotected.
May 12th, 2022 at 4:40:30 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: missedhervee
Wife and I have had the two intitial shots and yesterday we got our second booster of Pfizer: we've had no complications and so far as we can tell have never contracted covid.

Just follow the science, people: why chance it?

Sure I could and at some time may well contract covid but the science shows that since I am vaccinated / boosted the symptoms / effect of infection would likely be much lighter than were I unprotected.

I have also been fortunate. two vaccines and a booster and no side effects for me. I will probably be getting my second booster shortly.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
May 13th, 2022 at 6:11:54 AM permalink
Riverjordan
Threads: 23
Quote: DRich
I have also been fortunate. two vaccines and a booster and no side effects for me. I will probably be getting my second booster shortly.

You guys who got no side effects were so lucky.
Alec Baldwin's gun should have been CGI. Would have prevented the tragedy. Facts.
May 13th, 2022 at 7:46:47 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: Riverjordan
You guys who got no side effects were so lucky.

All in our family are vaccinated and older persons are boosted.

Only side effect was for the youngest kid (23) in the family…he was miserable for 12 hours. He had the Moderna jab.
May 13th, 2022 at 12:14:11 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
I had the two Pfizer shots last Aug./Sept.. Recently I was in the hospital with Pneumonia. Did a follow up with my PCP and asked her about getting the booster. She recommended that I'm not strong enough yet to get one?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
May 14th, 2022 at 3:34:38 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
got one booster ... some time ago, surely due for another

can't get motivated to get another
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
Page 1 of 41234>