Should Trans People be allowed to use opposite sex bathrooms?

Thread Rating:

January 19th, 2023 at 8:59:45 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
I wonder if bathroom designers of yesteryear had figures for how much total space was saved by using urinals, there must have been a factor there ...

I prefer separate bathrooms for men and women because women pee all over the seats they insist on leaving down, once that gets started they all do it. Health experts tell them not to hover it seems

https://wexnermedical.osu.edu/blog/dont-hover-over-the-toilet-seat
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
January 19th, 2023 at 9:01:59 AM permalink
odiousgambit
January 19th, 2023 at 9:30:18 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: odiousgambit
I wonder if bathroom designers of yesteryear had figures for how much total space was saved by using urinals, there must have been a factor there ...

I prefer separate bathrooms for men and women because women pee all over the seats they insist on leaving down, once that gets started they all do it. Health experts tell them not to hover it seems

On another forum, I upset some women posters telling them that when I go into a public bathroom stall I always raise or lower the lid with my foot so as not to touch it at all. And flush the handle with my foot if it’s not automatic. But there is definitely some men also urinating on the seat in men’s bathrooms who don’t bother to put up the seat.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 19th, 2023 at 10:15:22 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: Gandler
I have seen how urinals could be installed in such bathrooms, basically a screened off area like you say, but I would guess for unisex it's easier to just use all the space for as many stalls as possible as opposed to using up space for a screened urinal area.

I'm thinking in terms of already extant bathrooms with urinals.

Suppose you're a man with a daughter of a certain age range, or woman with a son, I would like to think you're not leaving them alone outside of a bathroom anyway, so we're already making a huge production over something (young girls being in the same bathroom with a biological male who is a stranger to them) that already happens a good deal of the time---just in the men's room.

If the concern is very young girls being allowed to go to the ladies' room, by themselves, and perhaps being potentially accosted by a biological male, then whether you are the mother or the father, I would question why the child was permitted to go to the bathroom alone in the first place.

I tend to think a lot of the right-wing folks who spew on and on about this either don't have kids, or if they do, I would respectfully question the level of protection those children are being afforded to begin with if they think that bathroom R%^%$ are going to become super common.

That said, I'd still sooner send a daughter into a bathroom by herself than I would send her to a church youth group trip by herself.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 19th, 2023 at 10:18:32 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator

Could have been, but my guess is more along the lines of water consumption and convenience. Lots of guys seem to barely be able to hit the target when they use urinals; could you imagine what toilet seats would look like, or floors of stalls, were there not any?
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 19th, 2023 at 10:19:42 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: rxwine
On another forum, I upset some women posters telling them that when I go into a public bathroom stall I always raise or lower the lid with my foot so as not to touch it at all. And flush the handle with my foot if it’s not automatic. But there is definitely some men also urinating on the seat in men’s bathrooms who don’t bother to put up the seat.

Worse things have happened to the seats than that. I would suggest to them that pocket Lysol wipes are a thing if they are super concerned about it.
January 19th, 2023 at 12:28:28 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Yay! I found it! Regardless of how you generally feel about this show, you gotta see this hilarious segment! relevant too

March 30th, 2023 at 4:10:41 AM permalink
odiousgambit
joke, a jab at the expense of what we used to call a cross-dresser, in this case a character on the show "Friends" ... which today is considered beyond the pale

“Don’t you have a little too much penis to wear a dress like that?”

I think we actually need this type of humor to get perspective, and we will miss it

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/story/2023-03-29/jennifer-aniston-friends-offensive
March 30th, 2023 at 5:39:03 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
joke, a jab at the expense of what we used to call a cross-dresser, in this case a character on the show "Friends" ... which today is considered beyond the pale

“Don’t you have a little too much penis to wear a dress like that?”

I think we actually need this type of humor to get perspective, and we will miss it

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/story/2023-03-29/jennifer-aniston-friends-offensive

??????????
I've never heard of Friends being offensive. I assume this is just about a few clowns out there. The right wing really megaphones any lefty extremist clowns. Friends doing well in syndication shows its still popular. I have no doubt everybody on the left here is ok with Friends. Listen to us on this forum instead of the freaks. I'm ok with Friends
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 31st, 2023 at 4:38:39 PM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
I'd say if the person has a X chromosome he goes to the men's restroom and the Y chromosome, she goes to the women's restroom.

Nothing else matters because nature doesn't lie.

So pick up your sex chromosome verification card and slide it into the restroom door to gain access.

There are over a trillion cells in the body and each one of them have the chromosomes.

So if anyone gets a sex change, those trillions are not modified.

I won't fall for the scam.