Should Trans People be allowed to use opposite sex bathrooms?

Thread Rating:

May 3rd, 2023 at 4:15:07 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: Mission146
Non-binary doesn't seem to require anything other than a person declare that they are ...
Presently, I think it's simply en vogue to be some sort of minority; ergo, non-binary, which sometimes doesn't seem to actually convey anything.
It does seem to be mostly women. I think it can just be a statement that they are withdrawing from a particular rat race most of us have trouble with in some shape or form, each in our own way. Although it can be a grab for victim status, that doesn't seem to be it as much as just getting attention

and certainly they don't seem to be contributing much to anything in my little list, which I will repeat, condensed

*gender dysphoria "epidemic" among young girls, with exceptions

*the bathroom thing

*off-label use of hormones and blockers

*"trans-fakers" in prisons.

*advocating violence

*men competing in women's sports [is sports a thing for them at all typically? and they tend to be women anyway I think]

*Indoctrination of transgender theory to young children
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
May 3rd, 2023 at 8:08:49 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: SOOPOO
Transsexual ABSOLUTELY does not describe a ‘concrete state of affairs’. Many, if not most, who declare themselves their non biological gender have NOT had the surgery to lop off the junk.

That's not exactly what I meant by, "Concrete."

What I meant was that calling oneself transexual actually conveys a statement about what one is. Calling oneself, "Non-binary," at least in my view, doesn't convey anything. Is that to be, "Genderless?" How is one genderless? Even if one could be genderless, what are the implications of that as opposed to its opposite?

That's what I mean.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
May 3rd, 2023 at 12:04:51 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Quote: Mission146
That's not exactly what I meant by, "Concrete."

What I meant was that calling oneself transexual actually conveys a statement about what one is. Calling oneself, "Non-binary," at least in my view, doesn't convey anything. Is that to be, "Genderless?" How is one genderless? Even if one could be genderless, what are the implications of that as opposed to its opposite?

That's what I mean.
Some call themselves 'asexual' which seems to mean something different
May 3rd, 2023 at 2:13:33 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Simple answer to trans athlete problem.

WHY THE HELL DO WE OFFER SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ATHLETES? THAT’S NOT EDUCATION! NEVER WAS.

Health class is education. Kids don’t go out in a field to learn English or Math when they’re growing up to kick or hit a ball because that’s sports.

NOW, everyone should be happy.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 3rd, 2023 at 2:55:17 PM permalink
rquiredusername
Threads: 0
Quote: rxwine

WHY THE HELL DO WE OFFER SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ATHLETES? THAT’S NOT EDUCATION! NEVER WAS.

Health class is education. Kids don’t go out in a field to learn English or Math when they’re growing up to kick or hit a ball because that’s sports.

Simple answer. Because major athletics fund a lot of anctual education in excess of scholarships. Some athletes are used as profit centers at a level no one that IS IN EDUCATION will ever compare to. Or we can just cut a lot of education programs and staff along with the scholarships.
May 3rd, 2023 at 3:53:28 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27

I fully agree college sports are a massive sham. But, I do accept that sadly they make many colleges money which is why they are so prioritized over well actual education. Colleges would be far better off if they could sell millions of tickets to watch student teams have a math competition or history quiz. The obsession with sports (college or pro) is something that I will never get. Also, cities would be better off if they stopped subsidizing stadiums, but that is a different issue....
May 3rd, 2023 at 4:14:06 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: rquiredusername
Simple answer. Because major athletics fund a lot of anctual education in excess of scholarships. Some athletes are used as profit centers at a level no one that IS IN EDUCATION will ever compare to. Or we can just cut a lot of education programs and staff along with the scholarships.

You can still send money to an athletic program without athletic scholarships. In other words, why count athletics as education? Because it's not.

Makes no more sense than recruiting Tiddlywink players on scholarships.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 3rd, 2023 at 6:46:42 PM permalink
rquiredusername
Threads: 0
You can still send money to an athletic program without athletic scholarships. In other words, why count athletics as education? Because it's not.

Makes no more sense than recruiting Tiddlywink players on scholarships.

Then you get high school quality athletes, the ones no one is paying enough money to see to ever justify the argument for scholarships in the first place. The money will go to wherever they’re playing instead or something else sports related, it’s no longer going to be donated to the athletic program or university.

Trust that guys who are legitimately professional level at 18-19 don’t want to be on an athletic scholarship anymore than you want them to have them….they are there mostly because the professional league of their choice or within their country have minimum age requirements higher than age 18.

The people who are sending money to a university sports program because they want to watch the sport, and not primarily for the education, which I get that you fundamentally disagree with, isn’t coming from those people to the universities anymore if athletes they deem worth paying to see are not going to be there anymore, period.
May 4th, 2023 at 4:20:52 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Football in particular has corrupted college integrity for a long time

Every once in a while have to watch "Horse Feathers" with the Marx brothers, which mocks this very thing.... made in 1932

I can watch it over and over again, but can't watch the football game anymore. That is so corny you can only watch it once. The rest is great
May 4th, 2023 at 4:55:58 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: odiousgambit
Football in particular has corrupted college integrity for a long time

I would be very interested in how you believe a game has corrupted college integrity. I love most college sports but also agree that it is not relevant to a college education for anyone besides the athletes.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.