Should Trans People be allowed to use opposite sex bathrooms?

Thread Rating:

May 5th, 2023 at 8:40:14 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: odiousgambit
OK, the people who need to see this won't watch it more than 2 seconds, I know that. However, the last half minute or so ... tell me this isn't indisputable!

That would be at 6:02

Immature (watched the whole thing), but her speech using the same vernacular was pretty inspired.

It's also a fair point. What about her is not a woman? Is it that she wears a suit---men's clothes? It can't be that she wears men's clothes, because there are no men's clothes, as we shouldn't use clothing as a way of boxing someone in.

Is it that she has short spiky hair? I've known plenty of women with short spiky hair.

So, what about this makes her not a woman?

Is it that she decided to switch races? Ben Shapiro made this same sort of argument on age. If gender is a social construct, and is malleable, then why can't race or age be malleable social constructs? Why can't biological age and social age be two different things? Who, younger than sixty, hasn't had some sort of soreness and thought, "Wow! I feel like I'm sixty today?"

Either way, both this guy and yourself are buying into this meaningless distraction to keep us divided on a fringe issue impacting only a small percentage of the population which causes further political division in this country and distracts us from discussing topics that actually matter.

So, good job? I don't know. Kudos, Ms. Webb.

Seriously, though. It doesn't matter except when it matters. Organized sports matters. It has a pragmatic impact on something. I have not uncovered any other trans-related subject, at least not one that impacts other than a very, very, small number of people, that has a material impact on something.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
May 5th, 2023 at 8:56:18 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I watched it to the end. Repeating the same thing I’ve said before. You’re not personally required to believe anything anyone claims about themselves. Are you challenging everyone who makes a a claim about themselves? Lots of people make claims that probably caused raise eyebrows from someone’s else’s perspective.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 5th, 2023 at 9:39:36 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: Mission146
OK, the people who need to see this won't watch it more than 2 seconds, I know that. However, the last half minute or so ... tell me this isn't indisputable!

[youtube video not shown again]

Immature (watched the whole thing), but her speech using the same vernacular was pretty inspired.

It's also a fair point. What about her is not a woman? Is it that she wears a suit---men's clothes? It can't be that she wears men's clothes, because there are no men's clothes, as we shouldn't use clothing as a way of boxing someone in.

Is it that she has short spiky hair? I've known plenty of women with short spiky hair.

Is it that she decided to switch races? Ben Shapiro made this same sort of argument on age. If gender is a social construct, and is malleable, then why can't race or age be malleable social constructs? Why can't biological age and social age be two different things? Who, younger than sixty, hasn't had some sort of soreness and thought, "Wow! I feel like I'm sixty today?"

Either way, both this guy and yourself are buying into this meaningless distraction to keep us divided on a fringe issue impacting only a small percentage of the population which causes further political division in this country and distracts us from discussing topics that actually matter.

Seriously, though. It doesn't matter except when it matters. Organized sports matters. It has a pragmatic impact on something. I have not uncovered any other trans-related subject, at least not one that impacts other than a very, very, small number of people, that has a material impact on something.

Quote: rxwine
I watched it to the end. Repeating the same thing I’ve said before. You’re not personally required to believe anything anyone claims about themselves. Are you challenging everyone who makes a a claim about themselves? Lots of people make claims that probably caused raise eyebrows from someone’s else’s perspective.
regarding "why should I care" and get distracted?

I'll posit it that it *shouldn't* matter. I can see there's such a thing as gender dsyphoria ... we've all known that in our own way from the beginning. It's a bit new to think so many can't manage, but even back in my day coming up, there were suicides over the matter. But I can only repeat why I think it matters after all: I have a list of reasons, remember?

Concerning developments:

* a previously unseen "epidemic" of gender dysphoria among the most vulnerable population when it comes to mass hysteria: young girls. People making profits on this.

* males wanting to use bathrooms where they are not welcome. I'm not exactly alarmed here, though this thread started with that, and in some cases an unsafe thing for women can definitely develop, and has. And sure enough as a result we are seeing billions of dollars being spent to provide new types of bathroom facilities. Did we need all this?

* the creation of a protected class of people who can do off-label, thus illegal, use of drugs with impunity [hormones]

* women being abused by "trans-faker" males who talk their way into women's prisons.

* activists have started with advocating violence, and some of it has started. Not much yet but where will this go?

* Males changing 'only their names' and then competing in women's sports. Still going on in Canada I think?

* Transgender women who went through male puberty, got surgery, but then wanting to compete in women's sports

* Indoctrination of transgender theory to young children

tired of seeing this list? Quit nudging me that I have no reason to care
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
May 5th, 2023 at 10:15:25 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: odioudgambit

You have no reason to care.

That list is a bunch of BS that has no effect on you.

You’re just looking for excuses to justify your hatred.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 5th, 2023 at 11:04:16 AM permalink
rxwine
Not a thing you claim, OG can affect you or your own kids if you're actually doing your job as a parent. At least from the personal issues. The courts will probably work out the sports thing.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 5th, 2023 at 11:35:50 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27

I'll posit it that it *shouldn't* matter. I can see there's such a thing as gender dsyphoria ... we've all known that in our own way from the beginning. It's a bit new to think so many can't manage, but even back in my day coming up, there were suicides over the matter. But I can only repeat why I think it matters after all: I have a list of reasons, remember?

Concerning developments:

* a previously unseen "epidemic" of gender dysphoria among the most vulnerable population when it comes to mass hysteria: young girls. People making profits on this.

* males wanting to use bathrooms where they are not welcome. I'm not exactly alarmed here, though this thread started with that, and in some cases an unsafe thing for women can definitely develop, and has. And sure enough as a result we are seeing billions of dollars being spent to provide new types of bathroom facilities. Did we need all this?

* the creation of a protected class of people who can do off-label, thus illegal, use of drugs with impunity [hormones]

* women being abused by "trans-faker" males who talk their way into women's prisons.

* activists have started with advocating violence, and some of it has started. Not much yet but where will this go?

* Males changing 'only their names' and then competing in women's sports. Still going on in Canada I think?

* Transgender women who went through male puberty, got surgery, but then wanting to compete in women's sports

What is a better solution for gender dsyphoria in your mind? Force people to be miserable, while also receiving drugs and treatments (which you seem to oppose) or just let them live how they want. Even if you view their life as a farce, if they harm nobody, who cares....

Bathrooms are a non-issue. Sports are immaterial. Prison can be a security and saftey concern, and that is a legitimate point. I don't know an easy answer to this. But, this is a very niche problem. This is not a mainstream issue.
May 5th, 2023 at 12:09:51 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: ams288
You have no reason to care.
OK, that's a funny response

Quote:
That list is a bunch of BS that has no effect on you.

You’re just looking for excuses to justify your hatred.
That's bigotry to say that, and I don't accept the argument that I shouldn't care about things that don't affect me directly.

Quote: rxwine
Not a thing you claim, OG can affect you or your own kids if you're actually doing your job as a parent. At least from the personal issues. The courts will probably work out the sports thing.
I think we know each thing is bad for society if allowed to go on. Some of it links back to a profit motive. Ugh. Some of it is rape culture unchecked [esp women's prison thing]

Quote: Gandler
What is a better solution for gender dsyphoria in your mind? Force people to be miserable, while also receiving drugs and treatments (which you seem to oppose) or just let them live how they want. Even if you view their life as a farce, if they harm nobody, who cares....
I've never protested adults doing what they want to themselves as long as they don't harm others. I realize if you are in disagreement with me it's easy to start thinking that. As for the young, let's get them help to cope without extreme solutions.

Quote:
Bathrooms are a non-issue.
mostly but not absolutely, we differ, it's ok

Quote:
Sports are immaterial.
I could take the Scott Adams position: Women's sports is substandard anyway, so let in all types of substandard people. I seem to have bought into what 5 minutes ago was very progressive thinking: The Title IX revolution. Yeah, so yesterday!

Quote:
Prison can be a security and saftey concern, and that is a legitimate point. I don't know an easy answer to this. But, this is a very niche problem. This is not a mainstream issue.
I will be kind also and say that is a legitimate point. But it is so egregious that it is ever allowed, and is still going on in CA and no doubt elsewhere, and expanding, no? ... perhaps with better control. That evidently involves making abortion more available in California women's prisons. Oh, you hadn't heard about that? Brave New World here. [edits]

https://womensliberationfront.org/news/ca-womens-prisons-anticipate-pregnancy-sb123
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
May 5th, 2023 at 12:14:22 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: Gandler

Concerning developments:

Bathrooms are a non-issue. Sports are immaterial. Prison can be a security and saftey concern, and that is a legitimate point. I don't know an easy answer to this. But, this is a very niche problem. This is not a mainstream issue.

The idea of the wrong body for the wrong kind of sex has been applied to gays and lesbians before and still. The penis being only proper to be used for the opposite sex and vice versa with a vagina to justify controling what people are allowed to do.

Too many are concerned with what a parent and child decide that might be harmful, vs not doing so much about children and adults firing bullets into other people's children. Seems to be more alarm about trans people than intentional shooting by angry and deranged people.
May 5th, 2023 at 12:39:06 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
“You’re bigoted against bigots!” is always one of my favorite rightie defenses.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 7th, 2023 at 5:14:20 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
It only makes sense to have a trans Presidential candidate.

Guess to see if you have the correct answer.

I might post a video if someone gets it.