Should Trans People be allowed to use opposite sex bathrooms?

Thread Rating:

May 19th, 2023 at 8:37:36 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154

Old Hero of Public Broadcasting ............................... Fallen!

ummmmmmm, well, fallen for the Woke I would have to think

I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
May 19th, 2023 at 8:44:07 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
If nothing else, Mr. Rogers was WAY ahead of his time on that one.

For one thing, his song promotes gender equality as well as body positivity.

Secondly, it would seem that he acknowledged the issue of gender dysphoria even before such a thing would have been widely known. The laughter from the audience was likely people who weren't aware of such a thing in the first place.

Finally, if you put a gun to his head and demanded a priority order, I think Mr. Rogers would have put, "Everybody's fancy; everybody's fine," at the top with all else being secondary.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
May 19th, 2023 at 8:55:11 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: odiousgambit

Old Hero of Public Broadcasting ............................... Fallen!

ummmmmmm, well, fallen for the Woke I would have to think

He died in 2003. The supreme court didn't even legalize gay marriage until 2015. Much less say anything about trans right. He would have been quite forward thinking indeed to have some other opinion. And that would have likely been 20 years or more before he died, when that was filmed.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 19th, 2023 at 9:03:11 AM permalink
rxwine
If lab meat ever becomes a real alternative, WAIT until you see the change in thinking about PETA'S stance. And in way, I'd have to say, they'd have a good argument if it really became possible in a widely distributed product. And I or anyone else would be wrong if I supported continuing eating live animals.

(unless we find some other good reason)

edit should be killing and eating animals. Although some people do eat live ones.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 19th, 2023 at 12:10:19 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Quote: rxwine
If lab meat ever becomes a real alternative, WAIT until you see the change in thinking about PETA'S stance. And in way, I'd have to say, they'd have a good argument if it really became possible in a widely distributed product. And I or anyone else would be wrong if I supported continuing eating live animals.

(unless we find some other good reason)

edit should be killing and eating animals. Although some people do eat live ones.
I eat animals that are still alive all the time. I'm reliving it right now! Yum! and I slurp up all the remaining juices afterwards too!
oysters
May 19th, 2023 at 12:11:51 PM permalink
odiousgambit
btw what is PETA's stance now? and why this thread?
May 19th, 2023 at 12:55:11 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: odiousgambit
btw what is PETA's stance now? and why this thread?

Because you were pointing what Mr Rogers thought decades ago, which might be very different than what he thought today. It's impossible to know if that's relevant to what he would say today.

Quote:
PETA seeks “total animal liberation,” according to its president and co-founder, Ingrid Newkirk. That means no meat or dairy, of course; but it also means no aquariums, no circuses, no hunting or fishing, no fur or leather, and no medical research using animals
May 19th, 2023 at 1:08:18 PM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Target (the store) went full Bud Light, with the tuck-friendly option:

https://twitter.com/ClownWorld_/status/1658455420669923331
May 19th, 2023 at 2:30:12 PM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Since the number of persons are so small (<10%), the trans movement is likely a part of a larger control experiment in demoralization.

It's similar to Covid mandates (<1% risk) and shutting businesses down but Covid was more of a fear strategy.

The objective is to have control over the masses.

The next phase may be farming and seed (Kerry and Gates).

Limiting to a couple of cows or even confiscating the family farm to meet carbon/nitrogen objectives.

So folks will be super-compliant with food scarce.

The only chance I see, is if Trump wins but I'm pretty sure the Deep State will steal the election again.

A long shot could be Kennedy.

The quote below refers to another country other than the USA.

-------------------------------

John Kerry Declares War on US Farmers: Gov’t Farm Confiscations ‘Not Off The Table’

5/18/2023
Under the plan, farmers would be offered 120 percent of their farm’s value through a “buyout” program. However, those who decline this offer would face the risk of being forcibly removed from their land without any financial compensation.
https://www.planet-today.com/2023/05/john-kerry-declares-war-on-us-farmers.html

---------------------------------------
May 19th, 2023 at 3:42:37 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: DoubleGold
Since the number of persons are so small (<10%), the trans movement is likely a part of a larger control experiment in demoralization.

It's similar to Covid mandates (<1% risk) and shutting businesses down but Covid was more of a fear strategy.

The objective is to have control over the masses.

The next phase may be farming and seed (Kerry and Gates).

Limiting to a couple of cows or even confiscating the family farm to meet carbon/nitrogen objectives.

So folks will be super-compliant with food scarce.

The only chance I see, is if Trump wins but I'm pretty sure the Deep State will steal the election again.

A long shot could be Kennedy.

-------------------------------

John Kerry Declares War on US Farmers: Gov’t Farm Confiscations ‘Not Off The Table’

5/18/2023
Under the plan, farmers would be offered 120 percent of their farm’s value through a “buyout” program. However, those who decline this offer would face the risk of being forcibly removed from their land without any financial compensation.
https://www.planet-today.com/2023/05/john-kerry-declares-war-on-us-farmers.html

---------------------------------------

Way to quote a plan that is being considered in the Netherlands and shoehorn that in like it is happening here. Also, it is important to note that these are not crop farms, these are livestock farms. Nobody wants to stop plant production.

We don't need to seize farmland in America to end meat production, we can simply end farm subsidies (one of the biggest welfare programs in history), this would almost exclusively effect meat production, with meat prices go so high only the ultra rich could afford it, so most meat farms would shut down. Meat only exists in America as a common good because of farm subsidies.

A pound of ground beef hamburger (which is one of the cheaper meats) would increase to 30.00 USD/lb without government welfare (compared to less than 5.00 USD/lb even with "prices out of control"). Just shut off the subsidies and meat farms will close by way of the free market. The meat industry (and dairy for that matter), only exist because of a massive welfare program.