Should Trans People be allowed to use opposite sex bathrooms?

Thread Rating:

May 20th, 2023 at 11:20:05 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: Gandler
Forget steakhouses, if this came to be, a Bigmac would be unaffordable to anyone but the upper class. It would be more than a small increase in meat prices, it would be exponential.

I did not make arguments to you about health or the environment, I simply said that the government should not subsidize agricultural production.

This would not lead to increased prices.

We are artificially keeping meat affordable, when many meat products should be close to 6X what they cost and dairy not far off.

If a certain type of shampoo required subsidies to be affordable, and people just liked the way that style of shampoo smelled, but it would cost 6X without the subsidy for the ingredients, you would say it's absurd and the government should not spend the money and people can buy a different variant with different base ingredients. And, you would be right. Ag is no different.

Oh, that's good!

Let's have the better majority of the fast food franchises go out of business; that's sure to help the economy. Your proposal would put working people out of work, would shutter businesses that rely on the sale of meat, while at the same time, making food (overall) less affordable. Excellent strategy, Guv'na.

And then what---these people come to rely more heavily on food stamps which tend not to keep up with rising food costs as it already stands?

My point is that if we're talking about 86'ing the subsidies for the purpose of cutting Government spending, then there are better cuts that could be made. Cuts, to start with, that wouldn't be economically crippling. We have any number of Government entities that serve no necessary function whatsoever; meat industry subsidies are far from being a concern of mine.

Agriculture is different because eating is necessary. Shampoo is not necessary. Shampoo with a specific fragrance even less necessary than that.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
May 20th, 2023 at 11:49:37 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I;m a believer in the “Circle of Life” so to speak in that there is nothing wrong with producing anything as long as you allow or produce a mechanism of cycling. There was a story awhile back about a guy with unopened terrarium for like 15 years. Circling through all the processes of life and death with just sunlight as the outside energy.

Most of the problems I see are a case of overloading the system making it lopsided or producing products that don’t decay quickly enough for cycling which also make it lopsided.

Working on new products with this in mind should be a constant goal where possible.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 20th, 2023 at 12:04:06 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: Mission146
Oh, that's good!

Let's have the better majority of the fast food franchises go out of business; that's sure to help the economy. Your proposal would put working people out of work, would shutter businesses that rely on the sale of meat, while at the same time, making food (overall) less affordable. Excellent strategy, Guv'na.

And then what---these people come to rely more heavily on food stamps which tend not to keep up with rising food costs as it already stands?

My point is that if we're talking about 86'ing the subsidies for the purpose of cutting Government spending, then there are better cuts that could be made. Cuts, to start with, that wouldn't be economically crippling. We have any number of Government entities that serve no necessary function whatsoever; meat industry subsidies are far from being a concern of mine.

Agriculture is different because eating is necessary. Shampoo is not necessary. Shampoo with a specific fragrance even less necessary than that.

Eating is necessary. Eating animal products is not. And, we can end this process by simply stopping the handouts. No, regulations or restrictions would be required.
May 20th, 2023 at 12:44:01 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: Gandler
Eating is necessary. Eating animal products is not. And, we can end this process by simply stopping the handouts. No, regulations or restrictions would be required.
I wouldn't mind the experiment, with the qualification that it has to be done in such a way as there aren't food shortages generally

I think we would find the predictions that meat would become ridiculously expensive to be quite exaggerated
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
May 20th, 2023 at 1:39:32 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Should Trans People be allowed to eat meat?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 21st, 2023 at 7:26:04 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Quote: ams288
Should Trans People be allowed to eat meat?
Not sure why we have a question about this, maybe it's a joke that I mostly don't get. In any case congratulations for turning the thread back to 'Trans' !

we can post here about any news ... but I suggest turning to the UK or Australia to find any such where the reporting is something besides accusing somebody of transphobia

today for the UK

Quote:
'In that [women's] locker room, we turned around and there’s a 6’4" biological man dropping his pants
yeah, if that made the news in the US, which I don't remember, then it was how that person who ratted out Lia Thomas was transphobic

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11731777/Trans-swimmer-Lia-Thomas-dropped-pants-exposed-male-genitalia-womens-locker-room.html
May 21st, 2023 at 7:45:20 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: odiousgambit
Not sure why we have a question about this, maybe it's a joke that I mostly don't get. In any case congratulations for turning the thread back to 'Trans' !

we can post here about any news ... but I suggest turning to the UK or Australia to find any such where the reporting is something besides accusing somebody of transphobia

today for the UK

Quote:
'In that [women's] locker room, we turned around and there’s a 6’4" biological man dropping his pants
yeah, if that made the news in the US, which I don't remember, then it was how that person who ratted out Lia Thomas was transphobic

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11731777/Trans-swimmer-Lia-Thomas-dropped-pants-exposed-male-genitalia-womens-locker-room.html

So ,do you consider a locker-room full of naked men a preferred heterosexual concept? If so, I'd like to know why.

Because that's my answer for all the bathroom or locker room complaints. Group nudity of same sex? That's what you consider heterosexual?

Start making private rooms and stop complaining is my answer. Or just stop complaining.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 21st, 2023 at 7:53:18 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Quote: rxwine
So ,do you consider a locker-room full of naked men a preferred heterosexual concept? If so, I'd like to know why.
I guess you want me to ponder whether I'd like to observe naked men or naked women? Oh, naked women! You won the argument!

Quote:
Because that's my answer for all the bathroom or locker room complaints. Group nudity of same sex? That's what you consider heterosexual?
I suggest trying harder than this

Quote:
Start making private rooms and stop complaining is my answer. Or just stop complaining
My question is "why aren't more women complaining?" One reason is they probably aren't tuned in to overseas news, the only places that dare report this US stuff, and instead sit around lashing themselves for not caring enough about white supremacy... which they hear a lot about!

I constantly marvel that youtube has to reach out to Sky News Australia for content as they try to send me the content about US events they know I might watch.
May 21st, 2023 at 8:08:47 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: odiousgambit
I guess you want me to ponder whether I'd like to observe naked men or naked women? Oh, naked women! You won the argument!

No, I want you to ponder why the only other solution to transphobia is potential group nudity, when it's not necessary anyway. Occam's razor.
May 21st, 2023 at 8:32:43 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: rxwine
No, I want you to ponder why the only other solution to transphobia is potential group nudity, when it's not necessary anyway. Occam's razor.

I would disagree with caricaturizing your solution as Occam's Razor is correct. Much simpler than rebuilding all the dressing rooms in the country is that if you have a dink don't go in that room.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin