Should Trans People be allowed to use opposite sex bathrooms?

Thread Rating:

June 3rd, 2023 at 8:44:13 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Mission146
I don't see what your first paragraph has to do with me, specifically. I'm all for racial inclusivity in youth-age books and I'm not necessarily opposed, but only as it organically comes up, to explain to kids that some other kids might have two parents of the same gender. Where you lose me is when we talk about non-binary people requiring validation...from children!? Who in their right mind needs to have their gender identity validated by children? I can't even believe I have to ask that question. You could just teach children that they're supposed to treat all people politely, regardless of who they are.

I don't think parents should indoctrinate their kids to believe one thing or another, but if anyone is going to explain these different concepts to kids, then that is who it should be. I'm not suggesting whatsoever that a parent can't attempt to explain to a five-year old what a non-binary person allegedly is...I have no idea why that parent would...but they are certainly in their rights to do so. That kid might then go to school and discuss it with friends, who will then ask their parents about it...and all of that is fine.

What I was saying was the learning of "normal" lifestyles as in white, standard issue Ozzie & Harriet parents IS indoctination and not reality for all kids than anything can be. Even sexual information is not standard issue by age in all communities.

Also, as to transitions. We know some parents feed their kid junk food, filled with sugar. This is damaging them and setting some of them up into a lifestyle that they may not all escape from and lead to disease and early death.

Are you willing to force them to change for the safety of their kids? If not, I'm not going to eliminate the "choice" parents are making for their kids. Besides the fact, it is factually way more thoughtfully considered than those who keep allowing the next harmful meal or snack.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 3rd, 2023 at 8:59:14 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: rxwine

What I was saying was the learning of "normal" lifestyles as in white, standard issue Ozzie & Harriet parents IS indoctination and not reality for all kids than anything can be. Even sexual information is not standard issue by age in all communities.

Also, as to transitions. We know some parents feed their kid junk food, filled with sugar. This is damaging them and setting some of them up into a lifestyle that they may not all escape from and lead to disease and early death.

Are you willing to force them to change for the safety of their kids? If not, I'm not going to eliminate the "choice" parents are making for their kids. Besides the fact, it is factually way more thoughtfully considered than those who keep allowing the next harmful meal or snack.

That's kind of my point; surgeries aside, I'm not suggesting that it's for parents to do, or nor do, anything. If they want to introduce their own kids to discussions about alternative genders, fine, go for it.

I think that you can teach kids that there are all sorts of family units. That aspect of it is perfectly reasonable because we don't want some kids to bully others because they have two people of the same gender as parents. I don't see how non-binary relates to that, other than non-binary people requiring, for some absurd reason, the validation of all children. All the kids really need to know about that is that this other kid calls this parent, "Mom," "Dad," or whatever they call them.

Of course, I don't know what you can do if you have someone who switches gender identity every five minutes who has kids. That's going to be a bizarre home environment for the poor kid, but it's not as if we could seriously entertain the idea of forbidding such a person from having kids or call it, on its face, some type of abuse. Still, I think that's an issue for the parents of other kids to explain to them, but not the schools.

I think the almost wanton disregard for children in this social experiment is very sad. They simply don't need their minds burdened with things of this nature; what they need is to learn the alphabet.

As far as the sugary processed foods go, naturally, I think it would be better for parents to only allow for such in moderation. Can we tell them what they may, or may not, feed their kids? I don't think we should. I'm not suggesting any restrictions on parents whatsoever, other than I don't think we should allow for life-altering surgeries before the age of 16, or so, so the question of diet is totally unrelated.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
June 3rd, 2023 at 9:12:09 AM permalink
rxwine
That's kind of my point; surgeries aside, I'm not suggesting that it's for parents to do, or nor do, anything. If they want to introduce their own kids to discussions about alternative genders, fine, go for it.

I think that you can teach kids that there are all sorts of family units. That aspect of it is perfectly reasonable because we don't want some kids to bully others because they have two people of the same gender as parents. I don't see how non-binary relates to that, other than non-binary people requiring, for some absurd reason, the validation of all children. All the kids really need to know about that is that this other kid calls this parent, "Mom," "Dad," or whatever they call them.

Of course, I don't know what you can do if you have someone who switches gender identity every five minutes who has kids. That's going to be a bizarre home environment for the poor kid, but it's not as if we could seriously entertain the idea of forbidding such a person from having kids or call it, on its face, some type of abuse. Still, I think that's an issue for the parents of other kids to explain to them, but not the schools.

I think the almost wanton disregard for children in this social experiment is very sad. They simply don't need their minds burdened with things of this nature; what they need is to learn the alphabet.

As far as the sugary processed foods go, naturally, I think it would be better for parents to only allow for such in moderation. Can we tell them what they may, or may not, feed their kids? I don't think we should. I'm not suggesting any restrictions on parents whatsoever, other than I don't think we should allow for life-altering surgeries before the age of 16, or so, so the question of diet is totally unrelated.

Unhealthy diet is not unrelated at all. It damages the body even if you don't see it. Let's make it more extreme. Would you make it against the law for parents to take their children into a cult where things are really bizarre for years. I don't think we can do that either, and don't see any reason why one would single out one choice in childhood that "may" or "May not" cause lasting damage.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 3rd, 2023 at 9:20:07 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Unhealthy diet is not unrelated at all. It damages the body even if you don't see it. Let's make it more extreme. Would you make it against the law for parents to take their children into a cult where things are really bizarre for years. I don't think we can do that either, and don't see any reason why one would single out one choice in childhood that "may" or "May not" cause lasting damage.

It's unrelated to the extent that I'm not suggesting, vis-a-vis gender, that parents may, or may not, do one thing or another. Your argument seems to be, and I apologize if I am misinterpreting your point: If you would prevent parents from doing x, then you should also prevent them from doing y, because y is objectively worse.

My counterpoint, when I say, "Unrelated," is that I'm not suggesting parents be restricted from doing anything. I'd restrict doctors from performing surgeries, at least in this country, to permanently alter the genitalia of any below a certain age.

Honestly, if I could pick one thing to restrict, I would restrict exposing children to religion just as quickly as I would restrict exposing children to these gender issues. But, within the law, parents may do whatever they see fit. Parents, quite simply, have both the right and the ability to indoctrinate their kids into whatever they want to...and it's going to be for the kid to figure out how to deprogram themselves at a later time, at least, for those children with the mental fortitude to do so.

And, I do blame religion for all of this. That has not changed and it will never change. It's the very concept of religion that leads to a very high percentage of people being simply unable to accept anyone that lives anything less than the most traditional lifestyle. If the Far Left is a rabid beast, then it is a rabid beast that has been born unto this world by the rabid beast that is religious dogmatism.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
June 3rd, 2023 at 9:41:32 AM permalink
rxwine
I guess I would argue, if you’re against possibly damaging young kids as a reason, I don’t know why it is only limited to the outside of their body. Yes, it is why x but not y?

Did you know there is a group of Deaf parents that choose to not get their kids an ocular implant so they can hear, because they consider their inside community valuable in the way they exist. You can find a story on it, on the Internet.
June 3rd, 2023 at 9:50:49 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote:
In a significant win for LGBTQ advocates, a federal judge has tossed out Tennessee's controversial law restricting drag performances, after hearings in which the law's necessity and broad language were questioned.

Judge Thomas Parker issued his ruling just after midnight Friday, writing that, "the Court finds that — despiteTennessee’s compelling interest in protecting the psychological and physical wellbeing of children — the Adult Entertainment Act (“AEA”) is an UNCONSTITUTIONAL (sic) restriction on the freedom of speech."
June 3rd, 2023 at 9:51:53 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
I guess I would argue, if you’re against possibly damaging young kids as a reason, I don’t know why it is only limited to the outside of their body. Yes, it is why x but not y?

Did you know there is a group of Deaf parents that choose to not get their kids an ocular implant so they can hear, because they consider their inside community valuable in the way they exist. You can find a story on it, on the Internet.

Because genital re-assignment is absolutely permanent, at least, in terms of natural functionality. Of his or her own accord, a kid might grow up and choose to adopt a healthier eating style and become more physically active. We also have physical education classes, and encourage healthy eating in schools...as well we should...which, at least, offsets it a little bit.

That's denial of medical care. In terms of denying a child medical care, there are often religious considerations involved in that (even though this is not one), so I'd think you have to take something like that issue by issue. It's difficult for me to say the Government needs to step in on that one. I think the parents are absolutely wrong, but the Government doesn't need to step in just because I personally find something distasteful.
June 3rd, 2023 at 9:52:53 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Overturned? Nice! That law was WAY too broad. It would have restricted performances nobody would have even thought twice about twenty years ago.
June 3rd, 2023 at 10:09:12 AM permalink
rxwine
Because genital re-assignment is absolutely permanent, at least, in terms of natural functionality. Of his or her own accord, a kid might grow up and choose to adopt a healthier eating style and become more physically active. We also have physical education classes, and encourage healthy eating in schools...as well we should...which, at least, offsets it a little bit.

That's denial of medical care. In terms of denying a child medical care, there are often religious considerations involved in that (even though this is not one), so I'd think you have to take something like that issue by issue. It's difficult for me to say the Government needs to step in on that one. I think the parents are absolutely wrong, but the Government doesn't need to step in just because I personally find something distasteful.

Well maybe you have a true story where you personally went through jr high and most of high school forced to wear a dress and bra and panties and act like a girl. And you felt completely opposite and we’re fine with it. Didn’t affect you at all. Then I will give your opinion more weight, even though I don’t think everyone is going to react the same way to anything.
June 3rd, 2023 at 10:16:56 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
What it looks like to me, is a movement of sterilization by the elite globalists (Eugenics).

I don't see how it could last more than one generation unless they prolong the misdirection to more than one generation.

Like forcing a parent to prison for resisting the system changing a child's sex.

Eventually the parent will be released and the child likely won't be able to reproduce.

That could explain the recent Glamour cover.